What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hardest man to ever play league

Briza said:
All Time - Terry Randall.

agree with you there Briza

Terry Randall was one of the toughest but fairest players to ever lace on a boot

and out of the current players would say Shane Webcke,he is similar to Terry Randall.....as in plays it tough but fair

The Preacher

First Grade
Twizzle said:
there was something about Wests

I'd go for Noel Kelly (showing my age), but if you ever saw him play, you'd know why

Peter Diamond was another tough nut from the Magpies

Same club, same fame,

NEV HORNERY

gregstar

Referee
ozbash said:
tough ? aussie doesnt have the word in its vocab...
the majority of aussie players are bloody hollywood throwing wimps,, johns,kimmorley,buderus,woolford ,finch etc etc etc

tough- mark graham-dean lonegan-tamati bros-q pongia-sorrenson bros-wiggs-sbw-sam stewart-orchard bros-johnny lomax.

interesting - you compare australian halfbacks & hookers with kiwi front / second rowers.

why?

Skinner said:
but in terms of toughness and guts, Toovey....got smashed his entire career
and never took a backward step.

Skinner

Geoff Toovey does have to be up there I dont think I'll ever forget the belting the knights and chief imparticular gave him in 97 - and he wasnt fussed, even after getting a delibrate kick in the head by maddog.

Palms

Juniors
Mark Geyer
Steve Roach
Tommy Ridonikus

All more in the same mould - Agressive and wouldnt take a backwards step to anyone

gregstar

Referee
eion crossan - devastating defender. i once saw him bend a corner post after a 20 metre runnup.

Mr Saab

Referee
gregstar said:
eion crossan - devastating defender. i once saw him bend a corner post after a 20 metre runnup.

and then was out for 8 months with a shoulder reconstruction

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
ozbash said:
tough ? aussie doesnt have the word in its vocab...
the majority of aussie players are bloody hollywood throwing wimps,, johns,kimmorley,buderus,woolford ,finch etc etc etc

tough- mark graham-dean lonegan-tamati bros-q pongia-sorrenson bros-wiggs-sbw-sam stewart-orchard bros-johnny lomax.

theres a tough team for you.

aussies, tough ?????
bwaaaaaahaaaaahaaaaa

nice try Oz

you gotta get in line to bag Finch this side of the ditch

Steelers4eva

Juniors
He's never popular this side of the border but if your going for little men with big tickers then Allan Langer stands out. Was afraid of no one. Gets my equal vote with Toovey for the punishment that little men can cop. Both out of the Tommy R mould.

innsaneink

Referee
ozzie said:
Poppa Clay

Malcolm Reilly

Arthur Beetson

just to name a few

Did you see Brian Clay play?

I dunno about Beetson and tough...or toughest, he was tough but not up with the toughest. How old are you?

Preacher& ozzie & Twizzle: Did you see Hornery play......and if you did, did you ever see Jim Cody play....was apparently a tough one, a niggly backrower for the Magpies....never took a backward step

Latest posts