What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold Matthews and SG Ball Discussion Thread

sweet-as

Juniors
Do you guys think that Penrith's lack of contracts offered has something to do with Jim Jones replacing mullholland.

Do you guys think that Penrith's lack of contracts offered has something to do with Jim Jones replacing mullholland.

yes you are probaly right, since jim jones nephew and friends are in matts( cartwright,tuavao,fuimanono,walker,etc) jim jones was like there uncle before he took over from mullholland im sure he looked after them and that a fact.and its cycle that wont be broken.

yes you are probaly right, since jim jones nephew and friends are in matts( cartwright,tuavao,fuimanono,walker,etc) jim jones was like there uncle before he took over from mullholland im sure he looked after them and that a fact.and its cycle that wont be broken.

theres still no sign paul mcquire at training for matts,surprisingly since there no 1 half is still training injured(maklouf)

ranga

Juniors
you are a goose, are you saying these kids are only there because of there relationship with Jones ,they are quality,check the licenced clubs revenue and what this has done to the jl budget ,they can not compete dollar for dollar with the bulldogs ,eels and roosters.There is no money tree on mulogoa rd, and never will be , nuelesa left for the dollars clay left for logistics and mammo wasnt even in the squad .

sweet-as

Juniors
you are a goose, are you saying these kids are only there because of there relationship with Jones ,they are quality,check the licenced clubs revenue and what this has done to the jl budget ,they can not compete dollar for dollar with the bulldogs ,eels and roosters.There is no money tree on mulogoa rd, and never will be , nuelesa left for the dollars clay left for logistics and mammo wasnt even in the squad .

Your the goose mate, he never said that its the reason they were in the squad. He said they have been treated like royalty, therefore no need to sign them, which has spread to the other ages some how. Get your facts right mate.

stretcher

Juniors
Your the goose mate, he never said that its the reason they were in the squad. He said they have been treated like royalty, therefore no need to sign them, which has spread to the other ages some how. Get your facts right mate.
thats not how i read it sweetas it does read like politics or sour grapes those guys are there cause they are quality and they were all approached by ricky stuart so i say good on them for staying loyal as for jye mamo he went to parra cause his father played there simple and in the case of brendon attwood he left as a year young player and again impatient as ive said before and penrith had plans for him when he was the right age and thats why cartwright,jakiel,wiki and played academy wait your turn there is no benefit playing a year young if anything it may turn a player away when he gets bashed every game....

stretcher

Juniors
Consider this Mamo a local junior gets picked in both the Penrith and Parra Matts squads, neither offers a contract yet he chooses to travel to Parra to play rather than play with his local club. This has to say something... unfortunately.
well halfback answer to your question jye mamo son of danny mamo the parra reserve grade halfback and i believe a couple of 1st grade games for several years in the 90s is the reason he has gone there was always going there........

ranga

Juniors
you are kiddind yourself he clearly states that one is his nephew and the others are friends and the CYCLE continues , they have been openly scouted by other clubs and with there reduced budgets they have to target what they believe is there best ,how are they treated as royalty and with out some sort of financial incentive do they not go to other clubs ,no need to sign them,WTF is that

stretcher

Juniors
theres still no sign paul mcquire at training for matts,surprisingly since there no 1 half is still training injured(maklouf)
and also the queenslanders for ball havent arrived maybe they all might finish the schooling comittments 1st if i was there parents thats what i would do.

murraymob

Coach
i dont know the guys coming through as close as some of you but Cartwright was always going to come through on pure ability regardless of who he is related to our who he knows .

ranga

Juniors
thats not how i read it sweetas it does read like politics or sour grapes those guys are there cause they are quality and they were all approached by ricky stuart so i say good on them for staying loyal as for jye mamo he went to parra cause his father played there simple and in the case of brendon attwood he left as a year young player and again impatient as ive said before and penrith had plans for him when he was the right age and thats why cartwright,jakiel,wiki and played academy wait your turn there is no benefit playing a year young if anything it may turn a player away when he gets bashed every game....
you are spot on , but mammo left because he believed he should have been in h/m penrith squad and your correct he should have waited ,the centres for next year are not to bad

spot on sweet-as i suppose thats why he calls himself (RANGA). im not questioning there talent,you must know when your got connections it goes along way,and if the budget is limited who do you think his going to look after first.i knew of this 12months ago they were offered 3 year contracts some took it some didnt,there are other good players in the side as well but got offered nothing,and how many players over the years got picked for reps when you knew there should of been others that should of got it because of not what you know but who you know, still happens.
and thats why youll have player exodus.

ranga

Juniors
spot on sweet-as i suppose thats why he calls himself (RANGA). im not questioning there talent,you must know when your got connections it goes along way,and if the budget is limited who do you think his going to look after first.i knew of this 12months ago they were offered 3 year contracts some took it some didnt,there are other good players in the side as well but got offered nothing,and how many players over the years got picked for reps when you knew there should of been others that should of got it because of not what you know but who you know, still happens.
ok who was offered contracts and who took them,and what is your problem with signing as you say talented players ,isnt that what there suppose to do

ranga

Juniors
also you say they were offered contracts 12 months ago ,that would make most of them 13 14 year olds ,I dont know were you get your info but I would stop listening because its sh*t,disgruntled parent syndrome

also you say they were offered contracts 12 months ago ,that would make most of them 13 14 year olds ,I dont know were you get your info but I would stop listening because its sh*t,disgruntled parent syndrome

well if you know players in the squad why dont you asked them,my information comes from close to the squad and higher, and yes they were 14year olds,im not disgruntled,you want something to talk about well there facts.

ranga

Juniors
well if you know players in the squad why dont you asked them,my information comes from close to the squad and higher, and yes they were 14year olds,im not disgruntled,you want something to talk about well there facts.
like i said name them if you know who they are,i will :asked: them when you name them

ranga

Juniors
and yes i believe you are one pissed of dad.possibly from brothers

and yes i believe you are one pissed of dad.possibly from brothers

im sorry ranga im not pissed off,and im not from brothers, ive gave you enough info you do your own searching on info, like i said before ask the players you know or maybe your just full of it.

Latest posts