What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold Matthews and SG Ball Discussion Thread

footyboy7

Juniors
So anyway back on topic??
I dont think its Jim Jones fault at all.
He has a say but its not totally his decision. Plus obviuosly the kids do whatever they want which cannot be helped by the selectors.
Someone said something about this years HM, tell me they wernt what everyone expected? Is all i have to say.
Any news, talk etc?

So anyway back on topic??
I dont think its Jim Jones fault at all.
He has a say but its not totally his decision. Plus obviuosly the kids do whatever they want which cannot be helped by the selectors.
Someone said something about this years HM, tell me they wernt what everyone expected? Is all i have to say.
Any news, talk etc?

yes it mighten be all jj doing but he played a big part in it,and ranga keeps asking me to mention names but i already have he cant read between the lines

BOMAR

Juniors
Life would just be so much simpler if they changed the rules, so you had to be the right age to play. Especially for h/m as kids are so young. Of course boys want to be picked the year younger if talented, and because some do, the rest that dont see this as not being wanted by their club. Penrith have a problem like no one else they just have too many boys to choose from. Boys that are good enough are missing out that are the right age little own the boys the year younger. As for jye mamo his father did what you are acussing penrith of doing, he called in a favour from parra. He has been picked in the squad that dosent mean he will make the final cut though.

stretcher

Juniors
Life would just be so much simpler if they changed the rules, so you had to be the right age to play. Especially for h/m as kids are so young. Of course boys want to be picked the year younger if talented, and because some do, the rest that dont see this as not being wanted by their club. Penrith have a problem like no one else they just have too many boys to choose from. Boys that are good enough are missing out that are the right age little own the boys the year younger. As for jye mamo his father did what you are acussing penrith of doing, he called in a favour from parra. He has been picked in the squad that dosent mean he will make the final cut though.
Someone has finally hit the nail on the head make it so they cant play under age at matts level you are spot on bomar and everyone should see the merit in this suggestion.........

Someone has finally hit the nail on the head make it so they cant play under age at matts level you are spot on bomar and everyone should see the merit in this suggestion.........

yes stretcher is right why rush a player a year younger in even if there got the talent. make them play there own age level, like i said in one of my posts if there good enough they be there the next year, also they be year wiser.

footyboy7

Juniors
yes stretcher is right why rush a player a year younger in even if there got the talent. make them play there own age level, like i said in one of my posts if there good enough they be there the next year, also they be year wiser.

This is proposed just for Harold Matthews right?
Not SG Ball, because at this age many players are big, strong and mature enough to play and handle it with the age difference.

half_back

Juniors

This would never happen not when players such as Fittler debut at 17 and Jordan Rankin made his NRL debut at 16. There will be a push to get the obviously talented ones there earlier. Academy was set up to give extra opportunity to players in the Penrith/Parra district. They should use this rather than to give players 35th, 36th best in the age group a possibility to play a year of rep footy but rather develop the top younger ones with potential.

BOMAR

Juniors
This would never happen not when players such as Fittler debut at 17 and Jordan Rankin made his NRL debut at 16. There will be a push to get the obviously talented ones there earlier. Academy was set up to give extra opportunity to players in the Penrith/Parra district. They should use this rather than to give players 35th, 36th best in the age group a possibility to play a year of rep footy but rather develop the top younger ones with potential.
I fully understand what you are saying and that is why I said h/m. But please brad fittler was an exception not a rule. Jordan rankin playing 1st grade at 16 was a joke and really has done nothing for his development. Harry sejka is a perfect example, he is in his 4th year of rep footy and what really has it done for him. He is no better player, really he is playing below his standard. What about the poor kids body. The only true positive to come from this was his big contract. We have not won a premiership with him, his football has not improved. Sorry i just dont get it.

I fully understand what you are saying and that is why I said h/m. But please brad fittler was an exception not a rule. Jordan rankin playing 1st grade at 16 was a joke and really has done nothing for his development. Harry sejka is a perfect example, he is in his 4th year of rep footy and what really has it done for him. He is no better player, really he is playing below his standard. What about the poor kids body. The only true positive to come from this was his big contract. We have not won a premiership with him, his football has not improved. Sorry i just dont get it.

i totally agree let them progress naturally even if there good enough to play a year up.

murraymob

Coach
i am being told this is the updated squads as of today. comment all these guys are still here

2010 harold mathews

2010 HAROLD MATTHEWS TRAIN-ON SQUAD

Mark Alaelua ~ St Clair
Peau Aleni ~ St Clair
Brodie Anderson ~ Emu Plains
David Andjelic ~ Minchinbury
Jarrod Brackenhofer ~ Emu Plains
Bryce Cartwright ~ St Marys
Ryan Casey ~ St Patricks
Ethan Chatto ~ Brothers
Leonati Feiloakitau ~ St Clair
Jaye Fuimaono ~ St Marys
Jakiel Fuimaono ~ St Marys
Tyrone Glassie ~ St Marys
Aiden Glanville ~ St Marys
Jordan Grant ~ St Clair
Dylan Grech ~ St Clair
Jamie Harrison ~ St Patricks
Samuel Hickey ~ Emu Plains
Jackson Hoffman ~ Emu Plains
Joel Le-Guier ~ Quakers Hill
Matthew Lodge ~ St Patricks
Harrison McLean ~ Emu Plains
Jacob Maklouf ~ St Marys
Joseph Mapusua ~ St Marys
Leslie Ngaluafe ~ Quakers Hill
Michael Stig ~ St Clair
Michael Tauga ~ St Patricks
Roy Teuku ~ Quakers Hill
Wiki Tuavao ~ St Marys
John Tuliatu ~ St Clair
Sylvester Uasi ~ St Marys
Joshua Walker ~ Emu Plains
Riki Willie ~ St Clair

Last Modified on 01/12/2009 11:32

murraymob

Coach
updated s g ballas of today

2010 SG BALL TRAIN-ON SQUAD

Zion Ahu ~ St Clair
Solo Alone ~ Emu Plains
Daniel Arona ~ St Clair
Jacob Brenner ~ St Marys
Kyle Burchardt ~ Queensland
Jake Butler-Fleming ~ Lower Mountains
Corey Carl ~ Windsor
Michael Compton ~ Minchinbury
Dilan Curtis ~ Windsor
Thomas Eisenhuth ~ Lower Mountains
Tevita Feiloakitau ~ St Clair
Darcy Hogan ~ Queensland
Sam Hollis ~ Windsor
Michael Lekkas ~ Lower Mountains
Joshua Leslie ~ St Clair
Damion Luhr ~ Minchinbury
Nicholas Mataia ~ St Marys
Kaisa Matavao ~ Brothers
Robert Mate ~ St Marys
Keti Nanai ~ St Marys
Jon Pepa ~ St Marys
Sean Pickup ~ Queensland
Michael Pio ~ Colyton
Reece Regan ~ Brothers
Tony Satini ~ Glenmore Park
Harry Seijka ~ Emu Plains
Blake South ~ St Marys
Jonathan Taefu ~ St Marys
Elkan Tanuvasa ~ St Marys
Matthew Thompson ~ St Clair
Vaipuna Tia-Kilifi ~ Minchinbury
Regan Verney ~ New Zealand
Ryan Wilson ~ St Clair

Last Modified on 01/12/2009 11:43

B3735092.11;sz=1x1

Art Vandalay

Juniors
updated s g ballas of today

2010 SG BALL TRAIN-ON SQUAD

Zion Ahu ~ St Clair
Solo Alone ~ Emu Plains
Daniel Arona ~ St Clair
Jacob Brenner ~ St Marys
Kyle Burchardt ~ Queensland
Jake Butler-Fleming ~ Lower Mountains
Corey Carl ~ Windsor
Michael Compton ~ Minchinbury
Dilan Curtis ~ Windsor
Thomas Eisenhuth ~ Lower Mountains
Tevita Feiloakitau ~ St Clair
Darcy Hogan ~ Queensland
Sam Hollis ~ Windsor
Michael Lekkas ~ Lower Mountains
Joshua Leslie ~ St Clair
Damion Luhr ~ Minchinbury
Nicholas Mataia ~ St Marys
Kaisa Matavao ~ Brothers
Robert Mate ~ St Marys
Keti Nanai ~ St Marys
Jon Pepa ~ St Marys
Sean Pickup ~ Queensland
Michael Pio ~ Colyton
Reece Regan ~ Brothers
Tony Satini ~ Glenmore Park
Harry Seijka ~ Emu Plains
Blake South ~ St Marys
Jonathan Taefu ~ St Marys
Elkan Tanuvasa ~ St Marys
Matthew Thompson ~ St Clair
Vaipuna Tia-Kilifi ~ Minchinbury
Regan Verney ~ New Zealand
Ryan Wilson ~ St Clair

Last Modified on 01/12/2009 11:43

B3735092.11;sz=1x1

daniel is at the roosters

rest is correct

half_back

Juniors
Draw for 2010 looks like this

Penrith v Central Coast CUA Stadium
Penrith v Cronulla CUA Stadium
Penrith v Norths CUA Stadium
South Sydney v Penrith Erskineville Oval
Penrith v Newcastle CUA Stadium
Penrith v Melbourne CUA Stadium
Balmain v Penrith Leichhardt Oval
St George v Penrith Oki Jubilee
Western Suburbs v Penrith Campbelltown Stadium

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Draw for 2010 looks like this

Penrith v Central Coast CUA Stadium
Penrith v Cronulla CUA Stadium
Penrith v Norths CUA Stadium
South Sydney v Penrith Erskineville Oval
Penrith v Newcastle CUA Stadium
Penrith v Melbourne CUA Stadium
Balmain v Penrith Leichhardt Oval
St George v Penrith Oki Jubilee
Western Suburbs v Penrith Campbelltown Stadium

Is that 100% correct? Cause i was under the impression Penrith play Parra in all 5 grades on the day of the 'Battle of the West Cup'

half_back

Juniors
Is that 100% correct? Cause i was under the impression Penrith play Parra in all 5 grades on the day of the 'Battle of the West Cup'

Thats the official draw. The draw is a 2 year draw now for junior reps to ensure everyone plays each other consistently. As Penrith played Parra in Rd 2 last year that shouldnt play them this year

Spitty

Juniors
Do we have any dates and times to accompany that draw? Be interested in catching a few games.

Andrew Farrell confirmed on PI the other day that 'The battle of the west' is still 5 games of football. So I can only assume that two of those games don't involve Parramatta.

I'll try and confirm it through PI.

murraymob

Coach
Spitty the season starts 13th febuary not sure if they willplay the games as trials

Last edited:

ashton

Juniors
Do we have any dates and times to accompany that draw? Be interested in catching a few games.

Andrew Farrell confirmed on PI the other day that 'The battle of the west' is still 5 games of football. So I can only assume that two of those games don't involve Parramatta.

I'll try and confirm it through PI.

Maybe Penrith and Parramatta will play an under 15 and under 17 development games.