What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harragon for Hagan???

Give Harragon a go as coach, he has the passion for the town and the team, im reading his book again and he loves the knights and i know his heart would be there, he could also teach the forwards a thing or two.

if not him who else could do it? cause Hagan cant anymore

Anonymous

Juniors
It won't happen. For two reasons.

1. It's a little premiture considering the injury toll this year.

2. The Knights wouldn't have the money to pay Hages out and hire a new coach.

General Knight

Juniors
I dont mind if they fielded a team next week similar to this:

1. Young - (Robbie O', U have done enough for the club, save urself the pain)
2. Salkeld - (bye bye Hally - too many errors for u mate)
3. Gidley
4. Carmont
5. Quinn
6. Tighe
7. Witt
8. Woolnough
9. Buderus
10. Tilse
11. Newton
12. Price
13. Kennedy

14. Tolar
15. White
16. Fitzgerald
17. Worth

Alex28

Coach
jeebus...the more and more i watch this game, the crankier i get.

we need a real coach - one from outside the club, who isn't a Knights Old Boy and is mates with everyone. one who has a proven track record and can be a hard bastard when he needs to be. because it is obvious Hagan cant do that.

there is next to no discipline out there. the defence is awful - Jason King scored with 4 players hanging off him! 4!

an absolute disgrace.

Johns Magic

Referee
CCGenerals said:
I dont mind if they fielded a team next week similar to this:

1. Young - (Robbie O', U have done enough for the club, save urself the pain)
2. Salkeld - (bye bye Hally - too many errors for u mate)
3. Gidley
4. Carmont
5. Quinn
6. Tighe
7. Witt
8. Woolnough
9. Buderus
10. Tilse
11. Newton
12. Price
13. Kennedy

14. Tolar
15. White
16. Fitzgerald
17. Worth

That side is utterly hopeless.

1)That is the most woeful bench I have ever seen.

2) You've only got one established prop. Tanner should be in there somewhere. I hope you're assuming Parsons, M.Kennedy and Perry will be injured.

3) Where is Ennis? He sh*ts all over Fitzgerald in regards to talent.

4)Putting Tilse on the starting side is a joke. He has played 20 minutes off first-grade football in his life, and that was off the bench. He is only 19.

5) Where is Abraham???

6)Hall was awesome today. Sure, he made a mistake or two, but did you see how many tackles he busted? How many runs he made? How many crucial tackles he made?

7) Drop Robbie'O? Good one :roll: He was one of our best today, what is your reason to drop him? You don't have one, do you. If you didn't already know, Young is ill in hospital, so I don't really want to see him playing for us next week. Plus, Robbie is better than him.

Honestly, have you ever watched the Premier League side? Choosing Worth and White, and to a lesser extent Tolar, is a bit rich. Quigley would be much better than Fitzgerald. This team would get slaughtered against the Dragons.

Hagan and Harragon would both choose a better side that that.

General Knight

Juniors
Well I guess that is a sh*t team but im so bloody pissed off that id go for anything but the same team as today. F**K! :evil:

macavity

Referee
no.

as said before, we need someone from outside the club.

a hard bastard nazi who will bust them into line.....

then again knowing our club, if that was to happen the players would revolt and walk out.....

but that is what we need.

Johns Magic

Referee
CCGenerals said:
Well I guess that is a sh*t team but im so bloody pissed off that id go for anything but the same team as today. F**K! :evil:

Yeah, I'm in a bad mood too.

I'd have(assuming the players are injured):

1. O'Davis
2. Hall
3. Gidley
4. Carmont
5. Quinn
6. Kidley
7. Witt
8. Price
9. Buderus
10. Woolnough
11. Newton
12. B.Kennedy
13. Ennis

14. Tanner
15. Abraham
16. Tilse
17. Quigley

The only reason that Tighe isn't at 5/8 and the woeful Kidley is is because next week would not be the ideal time to introduce him to first-grade footy. At least Kidley is experienced. Tighe would really be chucked into the deep-end:

1) The pressure of Friday night footaball
2) Coming into a team that has just been smashed by wooden-spoon contenders.
3) Having an extremely understrengthed forward pack in front of him
4) Instant pressure as the team desperately needs a win.
5) Coming up against a red-hot Dragons outfit
6) Playing alongside a fellow rookie half in Witt, who will offer him little guidance
7) Having to mark one of the best players in the game in Trent Barret.

It would just be a bit overwhelming I feel.

Ben

Bench
how about giving salkeld a run off the bench, kinda like a matty bowen role he is doing now for queensland and cowboys, how do you reckon that would pan out?

thuganomics

Coach
Johns Magic said:
CCGenerals said:

Yeah, I'm in a bad mood too.

I'd have(assuming the players are injured):

1. O'Davis
2. Hall
3. Gidley
4. Carmont
5. Quinn
6. Kidley
7. Witt
8. Price
9. Buderus
10. Woolnough
11. Newton
12. B.Kennedy
13. Ennis

14. Tanner
15. Abraham
16. Tilse
17. Quigley

The only reason that Tighe isn't at 5/8 and the woeful Kidley is is because next week would not be the ideal time to introduce him to first-grade footy. At least Kidley is experienced. Tighe would really be chucked into the deep-end:

1) The pressure of Friday night footaball
2) Coming into a team that has just been smashed by wooden-spoon contenders.
3) Having an extremely understrengthed forward pack in front of him
4) Instant pressure as the team desperately needs a win.
5) Coming up against a red-hot Dragons outfit
6) Playing alongside a fellow rookie half in Witt, who will offer him little guidance
7) Having to mark one of the best players in the game in Trent Barret.

It would just be a bit overwhelming I feel.

Well Said Johns_Magic
Thats why your one of my favorite posters.

Alex28

Coach
Witt might look good in First Division, but he is not good enough to cut it in the NRL. If Parramatta wouldn't play him in firsts, why on earth do we think he is good enough to play here?

Johns Magic

Referee
Alex28 said:
Witt might look good in First Division, but he is not good enough to cut it in the NRL. If Parramatta wouldn't play him in firsts, why on earth do we think he is good enough to play here?

Have you been watching lately?

He didn't get a run at Parra because of Brian Smith.

He is the best option we have. Who would you have?

misty

Juniors
macavity said:
no.

as said before, we need someone from outside the club.

a hard bastard nazi who will bust them into line.....

then again knowing our club, if that was to happen the players would revolt and walk out.....

but that is what we need.

I think the boys [not Danny Bud] need a shake up, I think Hages is to soft on them If something doesn't happen soon the crowds will drop of no one wants to see their team lose week after week NOT when you know they can do better, the problem must fall on the coach's shoulders.

HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM!!!!!!

~bedsy~

First Grade
You can't be blaming this all on the coach... yes when he gave them a real kick in arse against Souths in Newcastle, they came out firing and he doesn need to do more of that... but it is the players that play this game and he has had to coach half a team all yr.

macavity

Referee
bedsy, we still had 17 players every game. I know what you mean but if he really is a SOO quality coach, he should have adjusted the team to suit the cattle. I agree however that he cant take ALL the blame.....

Alex28

Coach
did you watch the game yesterday?

witt kicked the 40/20 (albeit with a cyclone behind him) in the first few minutes, but after that he did absolutely nothing.

Matt & Kurt Gidley in the halves would be a better option. The best option would be K Gidley/D Buderus and have Ennis at hooker, but we dont have a coach that has the guts to try it.

Witt did not get a run at Parramatta because he wasn't half the player his brother is, and he is not capable of playing NRL grade.

Johns Magic

Referee
There is a reason Witt got man of the match against the Raiders. Buderus is NOT a halfback. He was tried there last season and he failed miserably. If you want Ennis in the side ahead of Witt, I'd have him at halfback.

Latest posts