What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has Bluey lost the team?

JoeD

First Grade
spill the beans!

Bluey: I don't want us to play like last year, 5 hitups and a kick.
Respected senior member of team: but that style got us to GF and repeated top 8 finishes. The best teams in comp have best defense.
Bluey: I want us to use the ball more

Aragorn

First Grade
the key to attack, is to use the ball more.

the key to defence, is not to defend at all.

vvvrulz

Coach
Respected senior member of team: but that style got us to GF and repeated top 8 finishes. The best teams in comp have best defense.

Damn if thats for real, I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Izz

Bench
I can understand wanting to play a more expansive style of football. Fo' sho'. But why should that have to come at the expense of defense? Look at the Bulldogs. Very expansive, great ball movement, best defense in the league.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach

They both sound like idiots

We should be using the ball more (still!) and we should be defending. Kinda obvious.

One Warrior

Bench
I have been paying more attention to the Olympics than the Warriors over the last couple of weeks and thank God for that and us doing well there, because the Warriors have been abysmal. If Bluey has lost the team and it seems he has, then he has to go and the sooner the better, I do not want to lose players. I was excited about his appointment particularly after last season, but yes he seems totally clueless/blueless, if we lose to Ivan's Panthers that will be or should be the final straw.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

I can't believe this guy's foolishness. He inherited a GF side that has played a style that got us in the eight nigh on every year. All he needed to do was keep going with that and say the right things every now and then - which he's supposed to be famed for. Hell, the same co-coaches are there, it'd be easily done to keep going with Cleary's work.

But no, he wants to put his own stamp on it. Despite having nil NRL experience. It's a pathetic arrogance.

Oh but the fans will want tries!

I remember Melbourne 8-6 or whatever it was in 2008 like I remember the greatest lay of my life. It was amazing. Oh how I miss Ivan (he wasn't the lay, FYI)

Rich102

Staff member
I can't believe this guy's foolishness. He inherited a GF side that has played a style that got us in the eight nigh on every year. All he needed to do was keep going with that and say the right things every now and then - which he's supposed to be famed for. Hell, the same co-coaches are there, it'd be easily done to keep going with Cleary's work.

But no, he wants to put his own stamp on it. Despite having nil NRL experience. It's a pathetic arrogance.

Oh but the fans will want tries!

I remember Melbourne 8-6 or whatever it was in 2008 like I remember the greatest lay of my life. It was amazing. Oh how I miss Ivan (he wasn't the lay, FYI)

That's a very good point. Both have been around a while. If Bluey won't listen to the players surely one of the co-coaches would have a quiet word with him.

vvvrulz

Coach
Um, yeah. Most of the good clubs can multitask and do both

This, and surely common sense tells us that defence is the first priority if nothing is going right. Right now the philosophy seems to be... we're losing horribly, defence is overrated lets attack more!

McClennan told Warriors' officials at the start of the review last month that he wanted another assistant under him alongside Tony Iro. His proposal coincided with Kearney's resignation from the under-performing Parramatta.

"Most clubs operate with a head coach and two assistants and I said that's the way to go," McClennan told LiveSport radio on Monday.

Goddamn excuses.