What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has Bluey lost the team?

ozenzud

Juniors
You are wrong. The first set of six was not good. The first 5 plays were good. Then Hurrell tackled the NQ player in the air off the kick and got penalised. Giving NQ good field position and a FU by Manu so they could score on their 6th play. School boy errors both......

kos

Juniors
Whats the story with
Rusty Packer
Carlos T
Omar Slaimankel
All unsigned as yet for 2013?
2 of these guys are well worth keeping.
Anybody with inside info?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Whats the story with
Rusty Packer
Carlos T
Omar Slaimankel
All unsigned as yet for 2013?
2 of these guys are well worth keeping.
Anybody with inside info?

Packer is with us, I would be surprised if Carlos wasn't as well.

Omar who knows. The last few weeks have had him going everywhere from Souths, to the Rebels to Japan.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Alan Mac on radio sport this morning is saying that Bluey has lost the team. Mac is usually one to put a positive spin on things.....jesus, how bad must it be.

Wow. The only thing more ominous than Allan Mac saying this is an official release saying he's gone. The Warriors cheerleader reporting something bad...he's gone! He has to be

Rich102

Staff member
I can see it happening. Just hope it is quick & clean. I don't want it dragging into the pre-season or next year.

maddest_kiwi

Juniors
I can see it happening. Just hope it is quick & clean. I don't want it dragging into the pre-season or next year.

If this does go ahead... Who will replace Blueless? Really don't want to be in the same Situation this time next year but with another coach.

Warmess

Juniors
As much as it sucks to say, I hope we keep losing. I almost hope we get the spoon. It's the only way to be sure that Blueless will be goneski once this season is over.

As others have said, I'd like to see someone like Folks given the role. He has a proven NRL coaching record and would likely want to be up top again.

hitman82

Bench
Well since my rumour post got deleted, I will re-post in a more ambiguous tone:

Allegedly, a friend of mine saw a young half turning up to a party, drunk, on gameday morning (prior to a recent loss).

Allegedly, an outgoing second rower stated the coach has been imposing very strict rules on the players regarding their social lives, alcohol consumption, when and where they go. Allegedly this was in reaction to players misbehaving under the initial relaxed approach taken by the coach in regards to off field discipline. Allegedly, the players are now reacting badly to the newly tightened behaviour guidelines.

Allegedly, the coach referred to a recently released player as a "cancer" on the team, and he was released/dropped as part of an initial push to tighten up behaviour. This allegedly caused division in the team as this player was allegedly very popular.

This is all rumour of course, and I have nothing apart from my word / my friend's word to back it up.

People Bluey is staying anyone who thinks a 1st Year 1st grade coach will get the flick are crazy. Maybe next year mid season if things are still crap. Not now however.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
It's far too simplistic to say that.

If things are as dire as we are led to believe, leaving it until mid next year could have consequences that are far-reaching beyond 2013. For example, recruitment and retainment become a big issue.

The management will need to make a call in the off-season, and very early on, whether they see any potential in McClennan being a capable coach. If not, he's gone. Right away.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Alan Mac on radio sport this morning is saying that Bluey has lost the team. Mac is usually one to put a positive spin on things.....jesus, how bad must it be.

What time did you hear this, or thought you heard this?

I doubt it was him. For starters, I listened on Radio Sport's audio bank and there's no interview with Mac. They had a couple of Sydney writers on.

Secondly, Mac was on the league hour this morning and gave another one of his weak 'injuries, lack of momentum' piles of rubbish. Just another apology from their No.1 cheerleader.

The league writer made a good point on Sunday. If we were a Sydney team and the sort of things were going on that we are hearing, Bluey would be a dead man walking. But the media give league a bit of a wide swerve over here so he's fine. They've got Mac as their mouthpiece on radio, the Herald doesn't do too much and Sky's commentators are so weak it's laughable.

SilentOne

Juniors
Well since my rumour post got deleted, I will re-post in a more ambiguous tone:

Allegedly, a friend of mine saw a young half turning up to a party, drunk, on gameday morning (prior to a recent loss).

Allegedly, an outgoing second rower stated the coach has been imposing very strict rules on the players regarding their social lives, alcohol consumption, when and where they go. Allegedly this was in reaction to players misbehaving under the initial relaxed approach taken by the coach in regards to off field discipline. Allegedly, the players are now reacting badly to the newly tightened behaviour guidelines.

Allegedly, the coach referred to a recently released player as a "cancer" on the team, and he was released/dropped as part of an initial push to tighten up behaviour. This allegedly caused division in the team as this player was allegedly very popular.

This is all rumour of course, and I have nothing apart from my word / my friend's word to back it up.

My take on all of that is the coach and staff are trying to bring some discipline to the club.

If Johnson or any player for that matter wants to f**k around getting on the piss the night before game day, then careers are at risk.

Lucky they don't play at Melbourne or Brisbane, two clubs which have a very hard nosed approach to that stuff.

JoeD

First Grade
Was afterhours ill discipline a problem under Ivan? Locke had one incident but thats about all I can recall.

ozbash

Referee
Was afterhours ill discipline a problem under Ivan? Locke had one incident but thats about all I can recall.

I think it was pretty well policed if you fell into the "dickhead" category, ie had history..

The older guys, Wiki, Swann etc used to keep an eye out for the young guys..

Izz

Bench
So Bluey's clampdown wasn't really necessary then was it
Not if he'd kept the same sort of structures re off-field discipline that the previous regime had. But it appears he may have relaxed standards a lot, then overreacted when things got out of hand. Maybe. Or did he clamp down from the get-go? If so, then it wasn't really necessary.

JoeD

First Grade
From what I've heard clampdown was pretty immediate.

Example: every year (under Ivan) during a bye week the whole team would go to an RSA during a week day (to keep out of the public eye) and have a 'bonding session'. Everyone invited and even Ivan would make an appearance. Bluey tried to stamp it out from the get go.