What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has Bluey lost the team?

Juju

Juniors
Bluey kind of comes across as pretty insecure working under the legacy of the systems Ivan put in place.
Kind of pathetic really.

Last edited:

Micistm

Bench
My take on all of that is the coach and staff are trying to bring some discipline to the club.

If Johnson or any player for that matter wants to f**k around getting on the piss the night before game day, then careers are at risk.

Lucky they don't play at Melbourne or Brisbane, two clubs which have a very hard nosed approach to that stuff.

Hmm, it's hard to know what to believe with so many rumour spouting forth...but if this is true, I'm on the coaches side, not the players. Some of our younger ones IMO do give the impression they are getting a little primadonna like, believing the superstar headlines.
If they have suddenly found the rules are not as lax, and they don't like it- **** off. Good luck finding an aussie club that'll put up with it.
That said, it may not be true. Somethings wrong, for sure, it is very hard to say what. The obvious point of diff from last year is the coach.
Let's see how they handle their last few games this year.

Micistm

Bench
What time did you hear this, or thought you heard this?

I doubt it was him. For starters, I listened on Radio Sport's audio bank and there's no interview with Mac. They had a couple of Sydney writers on.

Secondly, Mac was on the league hour this morning and gave another one of his weak 'injuries, lack of momentum' piles of rubbish. Just another apology from their No.1 cheerleader.

The league writer made a good point on Sunday. If we were a Sydney team and the sort of things were going on that we are hearing, Bluey would be a dead man walking. But the media give league a bit of a wide swerve over here so he's fine. They've got Mac as their mouthpiece on radio, the Herald doesn't do too much and Sky's commentators are so weak it's laughable.

Yeah, I listened specifically this morn, and it was the usual rhetoric.
I heard Dean Bell a little earlier, and I gotta say he fills me with less confidence than Bluey does.
Makes your head spin, I have no idea what to think.

Skinner

Coach
Hmm, it's hard to know what to believe with so many rumour spouting forth...but if this is true, I'm on the coaches side, not the players. Some of our younger ones IMO do give the impression they are getting a little primadonna like, believing the superstar headlines.
If they have suddenly found the rules are not as lax, and they don't like it- **** off. Good luck finding an aussie club that'll put up with it.
That said, it may not be true. Somethings wrong, for sure, it is very hard to say what. The obvious point of diff from last year is the coach.
Let's see how they handle their last few games this year.

I have kept well out of this......but I agree 1000 % with Mic here. If the cream puffs can't handle a little discipline without sooking and sulking and playing without sign of ticker, then they can f**k off now, and hopefully the door does hit them on the arse on the way out. If ever the club needed a Campion type "motivator" that time is now.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
I have kept well out of this......but I agree 1000 % with Mic here. If the cream puffs can't handle a little discipline without sooking and sulking and playing without sign of ticker, then they can f**k off now, and hopefully the door does hit them on the arse on the way out. If ever the club needed a Campion type "motivator" that time is now.

Why would you give a shit? I know I don't care what is happening at the Tigers.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
lol he ain't worth a response mate....he wouldn't have a f**kin clue

Give us some more inside info from the bloke who used to touch judge in the 80's in Auckland club League. I thought that info about Fish's uncles be injury prone was top notch.

Aragorn

First Grade
Maybe they see their good friend Inu tearing it up in the NRL and at the same time partying hard so figure - why cant we???

Maybe Inu had a party at his place in Sydney and invited the whole team... on a Saturday night... the same weekend they played the Sharks.... Bluey wasnt invited...

jaseg

Juniors

Exactly - I'd love to see the closest thing to Campion currently available signed ASAP... Michael Crocker. Actually, to me he looks more intimidating than Campion. Can you imagine the young fellas messing about with him there telling them what's what?

As others have since mentioned, siding with coach/players would really depend on exactly what the discipline entails... but I'm inclined to side with Bluey. That said, I'd still sack Bluey (much easier to replace one unproven coach than any significant amount of the - in many cases much more proven quality - players, and keeping him then becomes a problem with retaining and recruiting talent) if things haven't improved either by the end of the year or after say 6 rounds next year (give him a target of minimum 4 wins, something like that).

Replacing Bluey should be easy enough - Steve Folkes, Jim Dymock, Jason Taylor are all currently out of a head coaching gig and I'm fairly certain at least one of them would still be available come early next season, if it comes to that.

Last edited:

Aragorn

First Grade
What I wouldn't give for Steve Folkes.

dont get too gay over the guy.

the last time he coached the bulldogs in 2008, (SBW debacle?), the doggies won 5 games and loss 19 in the whole season.

and hes not exactly setting the world on fire as the assistant coach for the dragons...

Micistm

Bench
Exactly - I'd love to see the closest thing to Campion currently available signed ASAP... Michael Crocker. Actually, to me he looks more intimidating than Campion. Can you imagine the young fellas messing about with him there telling them what's what?

As others have since mentioned, siding with coach/players would really depend on exactly what the discipline entails... but I'm inclined to side with Bluey. That said, I'd still sack Bluey (much easier to replace one unproven coach than any significant amount of the - in many cases much more proven quality - players, and keeping him then becomes a problem with retaining and recruiting talent) if things haven't improved either by the end of the year or after say 6 rounds next year (give him a target of minimum 4 wins, something like that).

Replacing Bluey should be easy enough - Steve Folkes, Jim Dymock, Jason Taylor are all currently out of a head coaching gig and I'm fairly certain at least one of them would still be available come early next season, if it comes to that.

its hard to know for sure what's going on- but assuming it is a little player revolt by younger ones- Player power should never win, no player is bigger than the game. And should sometimes be reminded thus.
There are a couple of younger ones that immediately come to mind that are adored via the press and younger fans...it would be quite easy for them if they are not mature enough, to get carried away with that. And giving the piss up hasn't hurt matulino this year!;-)
All too often coaches bear the brunt for not motivating players enough. Fair- to a degree. But looking at the last two weeks...wheres their self pride, their self motivation? Are they not professional players?
The thought of younger players getting a bit too up themselves, and a coach losing a job due to that, makes me uneasy. I am not saying for one second Bluey is faultless-His faults have been clear for all to see.

vvvrulz

Coach
The thought of younger players getting a bit too up themselves, and a coach losing a job due to that, makes me uneasy. I am not saying for one second Bluey is faultless-His faults have been clear for all to see.

A lot of these youngsters were here last year too, one got the feeling that Ivan would keep their ego's in check. Anderson was the same as well, from memory he dropped a young Hohaia purely to sort his attitude out.

jaseg

Juniors
The thought of younger players getting a bit too up themselves, and a coach losing a job due to that, makes me uneasy.

True (me also), but Bluey had the option of bringing in some experience and declined, saying that he had the squad he needed to win the comp... I seriously doubt egos would be as out of control (if that is indeed the problem) if we had a Michael Crocker to dish out a bit of a reality check to the rest of the boys.

Latest posts