What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has Bluey lost the team?

Micistm

Bench
I dunno. Heard rumours and the like, like everyone. Someone knows someone who knows someone...But no one knows for sure apart from the team.
One thing I do know- I did not like the body language of the team 10min in to Sundays game. It looked horrendous and while I hoped it would turn I felt then we were in for a flogging.
If I knew what the answer was I'd send my CV in! At this stage we have to see out the season, see what happens, then assess. If the Tiggers win tonight they're playing for Pride. Will that be enough? If the Eels win tonight, it's still pride as they will be slipping back ready for a wooden spoon fight.
Heard Mateo on the Radio in the car before, telling us everyones fine, close, and AOK. Didn't sound overly convincing IMO.

JoeD

First Grade
Having listened to Bluey on the radio this morning, he's either delusional or a liar.

It's one thing to take an underperforming team and shake things up but to take a winning team and basically change the whole structure/ key personel of the club, and then not perform as well or better and then be too stubborn to realise you've cocked up, why would he have the respect of the team?

JoeD

First Grade
Basically - I haven't lost the team.

I think he's just a really stubborn guy and can't see that he's farked up. Things are not going to get better next year and if he gets an extension beyond next year we could see a lot of current players leaving.

Last edited:

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
I think he's just a really stubborn guy and can't see that he's farked up. Things are not going to get better next year and if he gets an extension beyond next year we could see a lot of current players leaving.

simple fact is we don't have the roster to play super league. if we could score 30+ a game we'd get away with it.

and the halves for next year don't particularly fill me with confidence on that improving.

Scott

Bench
Having listened to Bluey on the radio this morning, he's either delusional or a liar.

It's one thing to take an underperforming team and shake things up but to take a winning team and basically change the whole structure/ key personel of the club, and then not perform as well or better and then be too stubborn to realise you've cocked up, why would he have the respect of the team?

Yeah, listening to the interview in the car this morning actually had me laughing.
Sorry to say it, but I think he is actually delusional. He is SO SO SO uninspiring and unimpressive to listen to.

I think he has to go, and and go before the start of the next pre-season.
I don't think there is a way back for him with this current batch.
I don't know who replaces him though.

JoeD

First Grade
I don't know who replaces him though.

At this stage I'd go for Iro, at the very least in an 'interim' role. Throw some money at Luck to keep him away from Penrith, to be his assistant. They cannot go any worse.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I would argue Bluey never had the room.

Appears coach and players started off finding each other out, Inu was a clear statement, but a crucial one, seem to split the group. Then poor efforts and execution with the odd good performance.

Shyte happens, reckon Steve Folkes would be a good match here.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
At this stage I'd go for Iro, at the very least in an 'interim' role. Throw some money at Luck to keep him away from Penrith, to be his assistant. They cannot go any worse.

Penrith? I thought Luck was retiring to NQ. I'd love to have him as a coach here but I'm led to believe he wants to go home.

We all know Bluey isn't going before about midway through next year. We stand to run the risk of losing players to other clubs, missing out on players who have heard he's not that flash and don't want to play under him and also wasting a season or two of what we have now. Which as we all remember, is a GF-making squad.

Scott

Bench
Well if if doesn't go till midway through next year, then players will start to leave and the damage done may be too much to repair. I honestly think this would be the case, sadly.

Re Steve Folkes, he may well be the best guy for the job.

ozenzud

Juniors
It would be pure speculation as to whether Bluey has lost the team. I think, the signs are there that he has.

What I do know for certainty, is that he has lost the supporters. Well at least one. Other than the superleague season, I reckon I have missed no more than 10 warriors games since 1995. I was excited about season 2012. I had my doubts about a new coach, but surely, surely on the back of last year, that wouldn't be cocked up.

But at half time sunday, I decided the lawn needed mowing and it couldn't wait.......

Scott

Bench
It would be pure speculation as to whether Bluey has lost the team. I think, the signs are there that he has.

What I do know for certainty, is that he has lost the supporters. Well at least one. Other than the superleague season, I reckon I have missed no more than 10 warriors games since 1995. I was excited about season 2012. I had my doubts about a new coach, but surely, surely on the back of last year, that wouldn't be cocked up.

But at half time sunday, I decided the lawn needed mowing and it couldn't wait.......

+1, except it was our wardrobe that needed sorting!

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Well if if doesn't go till midway through next year, then players will start to leave and the damage done may be too much to repair. I honestly think this would be the case, sadly.

Re Steve Folkes, he may well be the best guy for the job.

It might be a touch hasty to suggest so but I pretty much agree.

Micistm

Bench
I think Luck heading to Penrith was a Maloney joke (another one) that stuck. Lucks said as much on his radio show.
On Lucks radio show he was adament Bluey had not lost the dressing room as the saying goes. He sounded more convincing than Bluey himself- Blueys interview this morning was as cringeworthy as a Fawlty Towers episode when Basils doing something really shocking. He CAN'T be that bad with the players, surely? I hope? Bennett never comes across well in interviews but reading his books you get to see more of the real him and how inspiring he can be. Maybe Blueys like that (I hope, I hope)?!

Micistm

Bench

I shoud have mowed the lawn but needed cheering up, straight after halftime (Penalty for kicking ball dead on full then incredibly soft try) I went out CD shopping:lol:

Mike0070

Juniors
I shoud have mowed the lawn but needed cheering up, straight after halftime (Penalty for kicking ball dead on full then incredibly soft try) I went out CD shopping:lol:
And then u get scurrah on radio sport that we "didn't quite get the balance right this year" . Something needs to change drastically - bluey needs to realize he is well out of his depth , may fear is that if he sticks around we will lose more senior players

Aragorn

First Grade
And then u get scurrah on radio sport that we "didn't quite get the balance right this year" . Something needs to change drastically - bluey needs to realize he is well out of his depth , may fear is that if he sticks around we will lose more senior players

dont worry guys, they plan to take the development of the game to "heights never seen before in Australiasia...".

.. never ever seen before....

:lol: :D f**king merkins.

Latest posts