What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has Bluey lost the team?

Mike0070

Juniors
After his "penny has dropped" article, in which Bluey talks about having reached an understanding with his players, they come out and deliver the worst effort of the season to date.

-season on the line
-apparently with a new found understanding with the coach
-at home
-against a Sharks side we should at LEAST compete with

We had EVERYTHING to play for.

How did they manage such a limp effort?

I didn't see glaring game plan or structural issues - well no more than usual for this season.

I saw players not filling the roles they are expected to, both defensively and offensively. There were numerous "uhhh where the f**k was so-and-so" moments when we simply didn't have a runner or a play maker etc where they should have been.

I saw a number of dark glances and verbal arguments between our players, even early in the match, indicating grumpiness and / or frustration within the team.

Friend and Martel looking like they wanted to murder each other, Johnson and Martel arguing, Elijah Taylor apparently crying on the bench...

Was that some kind of "player revolt" against whatever Bluey has said to them / rules he has put in place? I hate to suggest it, but we barely looked like we were trying at times. And even if we were, we seemed massively distracted.

Anyone heard rumours of discontent?
I think they all sat down and ate the dressing room on sunday @half time

Fat merkins !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

WarriorDefence

Juniors
I would argue Bluey never had the room.

Appears coach and players started off finding each other out, Inu was a clear statement, but a crucial one, seem to split the group. Then poor efforts and execution with the odd good performance.

Shyte happens, reckon Steve Folkes would be a good match here.

I put Jim Dymocks name forward but folkes would be a great match- he's been there and done that. Can't understand the train of thought that there's no one to replace him..
On inu, I had the chance to talk with someone on the warriors coaching staff when they were on the gold coast and was told they didn't want him because they have committed to being a development club and that inus casual attitude set a bad example for all the young players.
I can understand that but by the same token I believe such an inexperienced squad really needs an experienced coach.

jaseg

Juniors
Bluey: Encouraging housework all over New Zealand.

At this point I wouldn't object to him being fired - but my personal preference would be for him to get 5 or 6 rounds next year... if things aren't a lot better then time to sack him. Guys like Folkes & Dymock would surely be available mid-season - so unless a coach like Bennett or Hasler somehow comes available in the off-season... why throw away a perfectly good mid-season honeymoon period for a new coach? :p

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
My mrs doesn't know it but she loves Bluey. Single-handedly giving her back Saturday nights and Sunday afternoons.

Out of interest, what are the laws regarding U20s? If someone like Omar has played too many games up, does that remove him from eligibility for the Toyota Cup finals?

Akkerz

Juniors
Very concerned at what effect the "Development Club " plan focus seems to be having on 1st grade. If Inu was dumped because his "casual attitude" sends the wrong message to younger players it suggests to me that the powers in charge
1) don't have any control or influence over these kids.
2) don't have any faith in the youngsters to test themselves in a less than perfect environment - many of them come from a tough environment and seem to have done OK so far
3) fail to realise or accept the many talented people - like Inu - who have an idiosyncrasy.
If it all comes down to only embracing what is good for the development plan, theres not much to hope for with F G in the meantime. Extremely shortsighted, weak management

WarriorDefence

Juniors
Surely scurrah and the likes can't be blind to this. They need to start an end of season review now- interview everyone involved, if bluey is heavily supported that's fine but if all this is true- and I don't doubt it, they need to replace him before pre season commences.
Sorry bluey I'm not normally one to blame the coach and I'm sure it's not all his doing but it's getting pretty obvious where this is headed.

hitro

Juniors
It totally rings true. What a complete disaster this season is. How bad will it get if the current trajectory continues? Wooden spoon? Shudder

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I just asked him - Sunday morning, as ridiculous as that sounds.

That does sound as ridiculous as anything I've heard. I'm going to back my hunch and say it isn't true. In the era of social media and pxt phones, he runs far too much of a risk doing that.

hitman82

Bench
That does sound as ridiculous as anything I've heard. I'm going to back my hunch and say it isn't true. In the era of social media and pxt phones, he runs far too much of a risk doing that.

Fair enough dude! I wasn't there, just repeating what I was told. :)

Latest posts