What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has every club bar souths gone backwards?

Misty Bee

First Grade
Dogs pack is sh*t. Without Myles, Asotasi AND Grimaldy.....Mason will get hit by Fui Fui and take 6 months off, SBW is more injury prone than a suicide bomber, leaving Shreck and an ageing Ryan to carry the can.

Souths will own 'em ;-)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Hindmarsh, Cayless and... oh.

Chewy Chewy? :lol:

He'll get suspended for biting Mason.

The Preacher

First Grade
Misty Bee said:
Dogs pack is sh*t. Without Myles, Asotasi AND Grimaldy.....Mason will get hit by Fui Fui and take 6 months off, SBW is more injury prone than a suicide bomber, leaving Shreck and an ageing Ryan to carry the can.

Souths will own 'em ;-)

I'd like to bet against that happening in the next 2 or 3 seasons.:cool:

HoLLuS

Juniors
hahah funny thread.

Wait for the results before saying Souths are on the way up.

Anyone who thinks Finch is a big loss for the roosters has rocks in their head.

By his omission alone Easts already have a better team, add that with the fact they actually have genuine front rowers next year and a fully fit Mini, I believe they will be a lot better off.

Timmah

Staff member
Misty Bee said:
And to think my local bait shop charges $2 for mullet!!

What what are are you you talking talking about about?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
NGR said:
the point of this thread is which teams will be improving, not making the 8...:roll:

Souffs will be improving...

Rooters improve, hmmm on paper they wont but then again they should have won the last 2 years
souths won't and can't improve, its beyond them.

The best way for souths to improve themselves and the comp is to stop participating in the game altogether.

Useless piles of sh*t they are.

Sugar

Bench
madunit said:

The best way for souths to improve themselves and the comp is to stop participating in the game altogether.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Timmah

Staff member
Don't even have the guts to predict a top eight finish for your team, yet happy to laugh off someone suggesting your team is a useless pile of sh*t? :lol:

:arrow:

Sugar

Bench
Just Another 'Dogs Supporter said:
Don't even have the guts to predict a top eight finish for your team, yet happy to laugh off someone suggesting your team is a useless pile of sh*t? :lol:

:arrow:
im so sorry i thought his post was funny,and im not predicting the top 8 i think we are still a year or 2 off;-)

Bumble

First Grade
madunit said:

Well well well, if it isn't the dumbest knobjockey on the entire site..returned to the NRL forum.

Sick of cruising for love on the FFB you sad f**ker? Christ, there's a reason everyone was happy when you only posted there.

1. People who wanted to talk footy could do so without the input of you, who is to intelligent conversation what Hitler was to jewish people.

2. You were happy, because people could act like you were making sense when you spoke because noone cares what anyone says on FFB, kind of like how people applaud the slow kid for acheiving the most simple of tasks...hey wait, did i say similar to...because...yeah. ;-)

Just stop posting on the NRL board you dope. Souths will improve, we signed the captain of the minor premiers, the best prop in the game and another kiwi international...as well as Widders and a couple of other lesser known players. Now go away.

Wicks

Juniors
Same topic came up in July

Player movements that look good now were taken with indifference and some hope The Storm and Shane Perry are two examples How much do you know about the teams How do they compare to other teams? Recruitment still continues Dragons announced 5 new 1st grade or premier league players to add to the first 4 announced earlier in the year There are daily updates in player movements A few could make a difference to the teams

Manly relied more on recruitment The rest of the top 8 had a few key gains each but depended on more experience from current players and young players They also had more luck with injuries or had the players to cover Players re signed are often more important than those from other clubs

I dont see anyone going backwards too far because teams make decisions where to spend their limited resources Teams have lost players in one area but may be stronger in another or might be strong in reserve grade which could show up later in the year I cant predict who will definitely make a difference for each team Even if I could results would depend on injuries and luck

Broad categories and main concerns

Remain Strong

Broncos reduced depth

Storm backline

Bulldogs reduced forward strength

Dragons youth over experience

Improve enough to challenge

Cowboys backline and rotation of players

Warriors turnover of former key players

Eels reduced depth

Tigers loss of key players

Eagles talent and depth beyond the better players

Roosters recruitment policy

Improvement?

Knights backline

Raiders youth over experiencePanthers backline and recruitment

Sharks player turnover

Rabbitohs backline and depth

Unknown

Titans do top liners and bench players mix into a good team?

Eelementary

Post Whore
Wicks said:
Same topic came up in July

Player movements that look good now were taken with indifference and some hope The Storm and Shane Perry are two examples How much do you know about the teams How do they compare to other teams? Recruitment still continues Dragons announced 5 new 1st grade or premier league players to add to the first 4 announced earlier in the year There are daily updates in player movements A few could make a difference to the teams

Manly relied more on recruitment The rest of the top 8 had a few key gains each but depended on more experience from current players and young players They also had more luck with injuries or had the players to cover Players re signed are often more important than those from other clubs

I dont see anyone going backwards too far because teams make decisions where to spend their limited resources Teams have lost players in one area but may be stronger in another or might be strong in reserve grade which could show up later in the year I cant predict who will definitely make a difference for each team Even if I could results would depend on injuries and luck

Broad categories and main concerns

Remain Strong

Broncos reduced depth

Storm backline

Bulldogs reduced forward strength

Dragons youth over experience

Improve enough to challenge

Cowboys backline and rotation of players

Warriors turnover of former key players

Eels reduced depth

Tigers loss of key players

Eagles talent and depth beyond the better players

Roosters recruitment policy

Improvement?

Knights backline

Raiders youth over experiencePanthers backline and recruitment

Sharks player turnover

Rabbitohs backline and depth

Unknown

Titans do top liners and bench players mix into a good team?

How do you figure that?

Widders----->Mateo
Morrison----->Ian Hindmarsh
Vella----->Richard Fa'aoso (apparently)
McKinnon----->Hayne
Peek----->Latimore
Morris----->Finch

We've signed players to cover our losses.

Wicks

Juniors
Eelementary said:
How do you figure that?
You had two of those players already and you didnt add Delaney Petersen O'Dwyer J Smith J Williams Afamasaga H Perenara Stringer

And I know you can say Lowrie Grehan Wright Lett Horo Blackburn Tauasa
and you also have Inu Reddy Green Oake Taia Tautai Hodkinson T Williams already with the team and some will prove to be better players than those who are moving on but does it cover you this year for those who were clear first graders?

Parramatta will always be hit hard because of the number of players produced Usually to no more than first grade standard but they are produced and wanted by other teams Parramatta are one of the clubs that could see players come through later in the year to boost their hopes How quickly this will happen represents the concern for me I did put Parramatta in the group that should improve enough the challenge

It was just a simple outline What would be your main concern in terms of recruitment and retention Props? Halves? Coach?

Latest posts