What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has there ever been a more important 3 minutes?

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Its the same story with the Knights, a true season of "what ifs".

Brisbane rd 6 - loss 20-16
Titans rd 15 - loss 28-22
Souths rd 16 - loss 28-25
Roosters rd 19 - loss 20-17

That's 8 competition points separated by probably around 15 minutes of the season. Regardless of how bad the Knights have been this year, we also "could" have been sitting pretty. We weren't good enough and don't deserve to be in the eight.

As was mentioned earlier, its just Souths trying to get their own publicity and trying to make people feel sorry for them because they haven't been close to being in the eight for 17 years. Bad luck boys, if you're good enough, you'll still make it.

yobbo84

Coach
For all those starting the predictable Souths bashing, this thread was just as much about the Warriors as it was Souths. 3 minutes of enterprising play has meant they are 5 spots higher in the ladder than they could've been. That's incredible.

t-ba

Post Whore
yobbo84 said:
For all those starting the predictable Souths bashing, this thread was just as much about the Warriors as it was Souths. 3 minutes of enterprising play has meant they are 5 spots higher in the ladder than they could've been. That's incredible.

And some sh*thouse refereeing could have also had them five places lower. Personally, I think that's a much more salient point.

Shorty

Staff member
Bobby DIGital said:
. That's 6 f*ckin points that SHOULD BE OURS. We should be in the top f*ckin four. (The video ref even tried to screw us Vs Penrith last week by denying us 2 fair tries, and giving them 1 bullsh*t one, but we still won)

You Rabbitohs don't deserve to be in the top 8, because you're simply not good enough.
:BDH:
:roll:WAAAH.
Get over it,those six points AREN'T YOURS they never were get a grip and dry your eyes.

Shorty said:
:BDH:
:roll:WAAAH.
Get over it,those six points AREN'T YOURS they never were get a grip and dry your eyes.

whoa...who pushed your button Shorty Doo Mediterranean Descendant?

I'm really looking forward to the game Vs the Cowboys this week.

Iafeta

Referee
yobbo84 said:

You could have picked a better game, because quite frankly, the only thing that kept your mob in that game was the video referee, but I bet you kind of hoped no one would remember the ludicrous no tries to the Warriors in the first 25 minutes which would have put the score out to 18-0, momentum completely with the Warriors and probably the point of no return. It was blatantly obvious at the game how obvious those tries were and secondly how much of a momentum killer/charger it was for the Warriors and Souths. But conveniently we forget those incidents. This thread has nothing to do with the Warriors as the right time clearly won fair and square, despite the obstacles the video referee put in front of them.

Mr Saab

Referee
I was at the Warriors Souths game and seeing the Warriors gets SCREWED over because of stupid rules was pathetic

BuffaloRules

Coach
"Its all about Souths"...

Is it just me, or do Souths fans think that the whole NRL competition suddenly revolves around them now??

I know that you are having your first repectable season in decades, but keep it in your pants fellas...

Every team wins and loses games in the last minute/extra time and can point to one off games determining their fate.....

m0j0

Bench
yobbo84 said:
No sh*t Shirlock. But has the result of just one of these games influenced the position on the ladder of one team more than the Warriors?

2005 - Round 13. Roosters vs Sea Eagles.

Tim Mander denies two legitimate tries to the Roosters, the second with two minutes to go. Roosters end up losing 22-18. End of the regular season, Roosters finish 9th on 26 points with a +1 point differential; Manly finish 8th on 28 points with a -78 differential. Not only did it cost the Roosters a place in the finals, but it cost me $50 thanks to a pre-season bet I had with a Manly co-worker.

Rovelli

Bench
73 min: Wayne Pearce:
It's all turning to mud here for the Warriors
They're just out on their feet

(Rabbitohs 16-8 Warriors)

76 min: Mark Braybrook:
They've scored here McKinnon after the Rabbitohs turned the ball over cheaply on the last tackle
Is there life in this game yet?

(Rabbitohs 16-14 Warriors)

80 min: Mark Braybrook:
The tackle is made 41 metres out
Fien out of acting half...Fien onto Ruben Wiki, back to Fien, here it comes to Witt
Here's the chase
Byrne's on his own
Todd Byrne, Todd Byrne, Todd Byrne has scored the try!!!!
The Warriors have stolen it, the Warriors have stolen the win and what a win it'll be
Todd Byrne was unmarked wide, the vision from Michael Witt, and the Warriors have stolen it, and Ivan Cleary, how could you only smile, you should be jumping out the window!

(Rabbitohs 16-18 Warriors)

Wayne Pearce:
What an amazing victory for the Warriors! I thought they were all but gone, a matter of four minutes ago, five minutes ago. But they've hung in there. No, it's not a grand final victory. It's just a come-from-behind victory that no-one would've expected.

Iafeta

Referee
Heh, what about the "If they don't award this one, I'm going home moment", but meh, it's all about Souths and that 3 minutes that cost them this game.. They should consider themselves lucky to have been given the rub of the green they got to get into the game. It was about to become a write off.

Iafeta

Referee
BuffaloRules said:
"Its all about Souths"...

Is it just me, or do Souths fans think that the whole NRL competition suddenly revolves around them now??

I know that you are having your first repectable season in decades, but keep it in your pants fellas...

Every team wins and loses games in the last minute/extra time and can point to one off games determining their fate.....

You didn't realise that already?

I mean, we've seen close fought grand finals, we've seen legendary come from behind Origins... but truly, there has never been a more important three minutes than the last three minutes of this unfair loss for Souths. Forget Mark Coyne in the corner, forget Matt Bowen in Golden Point, forget Shaun Timmins in golden point, forget Scott Sattler on Todd Byrne, there's never been a more important brief period in the writing of the annals of rugby league than Souths getting dudded in a round 5 or 6 match earlier this year.

m0j0

Bench
Iafeta said:
forget Scott Sattler on Todd Byrne
Unfortunately I can't forget this one.

Slowest. Winger. Ever.

Thank god he's your problem now. Wouldn't it be funny if the Warriors made the GF and Todd Byrne got run down by a big, hulking front rower to lose the game?

Shorty

Staff member
Bobby DIGital said:
whoa...who pushed your button Shorty Doo Mediterranean Descendant?
I didn't realise somebody needed to:?
Bobby DIGital said:
I'm really looking forward to the game Vs the Cowboys this week.
Great:?

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Iafeta said:

I mean, we've seen close fought grand finals, we've seen legendary come from behind Origins... but truly, there has never been a more important three minutes than the last three minutes of this unfair loss for Souths. Forget Mark Coyne in the corner, forget Matt Bowen in Golden Point, forget Shaun Timmins in golden point, forget Scott Sattler on Todd Byrne, there's never been a more important brief period in the writing of the annals of rugby league than Souths getting dudded in a round 5 or 6 match earlier this year.
:lol: :lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Iafeta said:

:clap: Amen.

Shorty said:
I didn't realise somebody needed to:?

Great:?

Well it was pretty random.

But then again, you're a fan of one of the teams who were gifted 2 points against us. And i'm looking forward to the prospect of a get square this weekend.

I really enjoy reading you state the most obvious things around these forums too btw. It's good value.

yobbo84

Coach
Iafeta said:

LOL. Seriously. I post a thread about how a small part of one game has had such an enormous impact on the ladder positions of these 2 clubs, and all of a sudden everyone arks up, puffs their chest out and gets angry. It's little ant syndrome at it's best.

All I can say is that some people have serious issues with Souths and their relative success this year. Fair dinkum. What would happen if we ever won a comp? Would there be mass suicides? What is it about South Sydney that has everyone so uptight? Does a club who's had little or no success for nigh on 30 years really get under your skin that much? A club who your team has completely dominated on the football field in recent times yet you still get so worked up about? Are you jealous of the media coverage my team receives whilst your club, in it's third iteration, struggles to receive any attention, even in their homeland? Do the fans on this website, who are enjoying for once a somewhat successful year, really get to you so much? Why? What is it deep in you that gets you (and everyone else) so worked up? Is it jealousy? Fear? Can't be, your team is better... right? Seek help people.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
yobbo84 said:
No sh*t Shirlock. But has the result of just one of these games influenced the position on the ladder of one team more than the Warriors?

I daresay neither team would have embarked on 5,6 game losing streaks.