What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hate

Coaster

Bench
I can not stand seeing someone like Langer stand behind play counting numbers and directing the attack. He does it the whole game, just stands there with a water bottle and acts as another play maker, does Wallaces job for him.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You honestly can't accept the fact that your team has a massive number of criminal supporters where many of those fans dont know the first thing about NRL and only attend the game because they think they're fully sick?
I can and have accepted that fact, and I hate it. Never said I don't accept it, it's a terrible stain on our club that I wish there was a clear, easy way to get rid of.
That's the thing about both of our statements Timmah, they're both massive generalisations. No i dont like it when people refer to my teams fans as being bandwagoners because i believe its not something particular only to parramatta, rather it is something which EVERY team has. Ours stands out more because 2 years in a row our team has produced a good end of year performance which brings out the fairweather fans ( like it would in any team). All the parra fans i know are huge parra fans and know alot about RL and it is unfair that we constantly have to be bombarded with ' you guys are bandwagon supporters'.
Massive generalisation?

WTF?

I claimed, factually and correctly, that Parramatta have a massive bandwagon. Crowds for their matches when they go on these winning runs, increase exponentially. People who don't go to games suddenly do. Yeah, it's a good thing. How you classify it as a generalisation is beyond me - the point isn't that all Parra fans are bandwagoners, but that there is a large percentage of them. These (some of your fans, again - not all) people probably forgot who the Eels were at the beginning of this year when you were drawing 10, 12, 13, even 7k through the gates. I guess the point would be that your club has a bit of work to do in retaining those fans - start encouraging membership for 2011 while this good thing is happening, get people interested long term instead of just fly-by-nighters.

I'm miffed at why you would think that I, or anyone else, would think your entire fanbase is bandwagoners, that's obviously not the case, especially on a footy-mad forum like this.

I would go as far to say you have a smaller core of fans than many Sydney teams, but one of the largest "result based" supports, if that makes any sense.

But by all means, make another remark trying to bag the Bulldogs, please.

benoir91

Juniors
I can and have accepted that fact, and I hate it. Never said I don't accept it, it's a terrible stain on our club that I wish there was a clear, easy way to get rid of.

Massive generalisation?

WTF?

I claimed, factually and correctly, that Parramatta have a massive bandwagon. Crowds for their matches when they go on these winning runs, increase exponentially. People who don't go to games suddenly do. Yeah, it's a good thing. How you classify it as a generalisation is beyond me - the point isn't that all Parra fans are bandwagoners, but that there is a large percentage of them. These (some of your fans, again - not all) people probably forgot who the Eels were at the beginning of this year when you were drawing 10, 12, 13, even 7k through the gates. I guess the point would be that your club has a bit of work to do in retaining those fans - start encouraging membership for 2011 while this good thing is happening, get people interested long term instead of just fly-by-nighters.

I'm miffed at why you would think that I, or anyone else, would think your entire fanbase is bandwagoners, that's obviously not the case, especially on a footy-mad forum like this.

I would go as far to say you have a smaller core of fans than many Sydney teams, but one of the largest "result based" supports, if that makes any sense.

But by all means, make another remark trying to bag the Bulldogs, please.

With all due respect mate, Parramatta's average attendance is over 17,000 this year, and that is on the back of a very poor season.

The bulldogs average attendance sits at 20k and that includes a double header at Suncorp Stadium.

If you disregard that, there isn't much difference between the two clubs, as big as the Parramatta bandwagon is (and i'll admit its huge).

You make mention of a 7k crowd at Parramatta, and if you don't remember that day, it was absolutely pooring all day long, it was freezing and conditions were atrocious, its not fair to claim that figure as a representation of our fan base.

benoir91

Juniors
Also, I don't see how celebrating with the fans is arrogant...if anything it is more humble to support with the crowd than to ignore them.

In football (soccer), all over the world, players run into the crowd and celebrate with them after goals are scored, and if anyone thinks that is arrogant then i guess the world game is full of snobs.

Timmah

Staff member
With all due respect mate, Parramatta's average attendance is over 17,000 this year, and that is on the back of a very poor season.

The bulldogs average attendance sits at 20k and that includes a double header at Suncorp Stadium.

If you disregard that, there isn't much difference between the two clubs, as big as the Parramatta bandwagon is (and i'll admit its huge).

You make mention of a 7k crowd at Parramatta, and if you don't remember that day, it was absolutely pooring all day long, it was freezing and conditions were atrocious, its not fair to claim that figure as a representation of our fan base.

Parramatta's average attendance may indeed be 17k, but I'd hardly call this a poor season. There was a shaky start and a dip in the middle but you've had a good draw and the numbers will begin to spike even more.

As for your comment about Canterbury - no, the average attendance does not include the double header at Suncorp Stadium. The average without the double header included is 20,822. That is on the back of a poor season and includes a limited but positive attendance of 10,350 in Adelaide.

To me, that's a huge difference in core support.

IFR33K

Coach
Parramatta's average attendance may indeed be 17k, but I'd hardly call this a poor season. There was a shaky start and a dip in the middle but you've had a good draw and the numbers will begin to spike even more.

As for your comment about Canterbury - no, the average attendance does not include the double header at Suncorp Stadium. The average without the double header included is 20,822. That is on the back of a poor season and includes a limited but positive attendance of 10,350 in Adelaide.

You dumb merkin, considering the eels made the GF last year, to this point its been a very poor season.

You state bugger all facts, but at least you're consistent.

You follow a horrible post, with an absolutely terrible post. Well done, dont forget to wipe the brown stuff off the side of your mouth.

benoir91

Juniors

Mate, all parramatta fans will agree that is has been a poor season, to claim that it hasn't shows you haven't really been watching us play.

IFR33K

Coach
Mate, all parramatta fans will agree that is has been a poor season, to claim that it hasn't shows you haven't really been watching us play.

What you on about benny, 2 loses to the sharks and 1 to the knights makes for a great season.:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

natheel

Coach
with the fact that we were favs to win it at the start of the season and had a heap of expectation on us becoz of the run last year into the gf this in regards to that has been a very poor season

parraeelz

Juniors
1. People who consider all parra fans as bandwagoners...all clubs have them f**k off your all just jealous these fans choose a great team
2. Billy Slater
3. QLD/storm/Manly

Timmah

Staff member
You state bugger all facts, but at least you're consistent.

Bugger all facts?

I proved one of your supporters completely wrong with a false statement about crowd statistics and made a very clear point about supporter bases of respective clubs.

You made it clear with your abusive post you have little to actually add to the discussion. If you want to keep discussing this using facts, figures and the reality of the situation, by all means, respond.

parraeelz

Juniors
Could say the same about your 389. I'm wondering where post count comes in to it. :?

Every fan defends players from their club, and turns on them when they betray the club. Some players have been arrogant, yes, but the club itself? :lol: The entire club has seemed pretty humble since the SBW incident and Greenberg coming in.

What has Hayne done? Every other great player I see, when they score, they turn back to their team and celebrate with them, hugging, celebrating, enjoying the moment. Hayne is notorious for the plane action and the "shhh" action after every try, gesturing to the crowd rather than celebrating with the team, who have to chase after him. That's arrogance IMO and I'm sure others agree. You don't agree, that's your call.

This just shows you haven't really read much at all. Most of the "bagging" is about the media love-fest it generates. It's way out of proportion to what he's done - there are plenty of other great players in our game who are getting little attention for great feats week-in, week-out.

This is what I was talking about. I'm not denying and others aren't denying he is a great player. A fantastic, exciting player. But this sort of dribbling is embarrassing. That's where I stand, that's where others stand too.

haha so ben barba has never done anythin after scoring aye???
all the young kids coming through never make some sort of gesture to the camera aye???
haha someones still depressed over like the last 5 eels v dogs gamee hahahaha
get over it.. the added celebration adds to the try you stupid wanker and if your players do it itll just make the experience better
and all the hayne haters out there make some f**king valid points and dont just crap on about try celebrations and "arrogance

benoir91

Juniors
Bugger all facts?

I proved one of your supporters completely wrong with a false statement about crowd statistics and made a very clear point about supporter bases of respective clubs.

You made it clear with your abusive post you have little to actually add to the discussion. If you want to keep discussing this using facts, figures and the reality of the situation, by all means, respond.

mate it was an honest mistake, even not including the double header a 3000 difference on the back of what both teams would call poor seasons, is not a huge difference

Timmah

Staff member
1. People who consider all parra fans as bandwagoners...all clubs have them f**k off your all just jealous these fans choose a great team

Who actually says "all Parra fans are bandwagoners"?

I'm interested because I haven't seen this statement anywhere before. Plenty of people get frustrated with those who are bandwagoners (you know, the ones who make silly remarks about how long they claim to have followed the game, the ones who wear the jersey between July and October and then store it safely away otherwise, the ones who take it upon themselves to bag long time fans of other clubs as if they've earned the right to).

Those fans sh*t me to tears, but I don't for a second think that it's all Parramatta fans, there are plenty, especially on here, who've endured hell and high water to enjoy the good form the Eels enjoyed late last year and in the last few weeks. Just because someone says "Parra bandwagon fans", I don't think it necessarily means they think they all are...

benoir91

Juniors

I'm interested because I haven't seen this statement anywhere before. Plenty of people get frustrated with those who are bandwagoners (you know, the ones who make silly remarks about how long they claim to have followed the game, the ones who wear the jersey between July and October and then store it safely away otherwise, the ones who take it upon themselves to bag long time fans of other clubs as if they've earned the right to).

Those fans sh*t me to tears, but I don't for a second think that it's all Parramatta fans, there are plenty, especially on here, who've endured hell and high water to enjoy the good form the Eels enjoyed late last year and in the last few weeks. Just because someone says "Parra bandwagon fans", I don't think it necessarily means they think they all are...

agree with all that, i think what he means is that he hates people who think that only parramatta have a bandwagon following, when realistically all teams do as well, its just because parramatta finish strongly every season its more noticeable

parraeelz

Juniors

wow..i think its pretty clear that I'm talking about the general view that other supporters may have sometimes and I'm not saying that all of them are...u really had to make such a long reply over a pretty obvious statement despite one word lol??

adamkungl

Immortal
1. The incompetent pink farkwits doing their best to help the teams the NewsRL wants in contention. f**king merkins.
2. The Parra bandwagon
3. repeat 1.

Knightmare

Coach
1. Golden point extra time. So often, what has been an entertaining, free flowing, 80 minute end to end contest is artificially turned into an ugly, hurried, scrappy 10 minute field goal shoot-out where you can often tell who is going to win 3 tackles ahead.

2. People (fans and the media) who idolise players like Billy Slater and Greg Inglis. Honestly, the only thing they have going for them is that they can play football well. If you have a kid who looks up to people like that, you are a bad parent.

3. Knights fans who were packing out Marathon Stadium (as it was known) 10 years ago when Newcastle were a guaranteed top 4 team but nowadays would rather bitch in the newspaper columns or online then actually go to the game and support the team.

Lycon79

Juniors
1. Channel 9 useless selfserving twats with no interest in helping the game to grow

2. Pillow biting divers

3. Those two skank reporters - Rebbeca Wilson and that other one, can't think of her name??

4. The deluded, geniused ramblings of Haynetrain and his brokeback moutain style tossathon over Jarryd Hayne

5. When a team wins a scrum against the feed and the ref calls it back because "that shoudn't happen"

6. F@#king Coasties

Latest posts