What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Havili signed for 2016

Jubileeboy

First Grade
You serious ? What absolute dribble.
PS
Well said.
Agree 100%.
PM is worth his money.

Wrong forum mate. Please try keep all abuse for me in JA.
If Mulholland can continue to keep signing these overseas boys on 'Aussie Drachmas', we will eventually catch Easts and The Berries in the cap rorting stakes.
It's only a rort if we're not in on it, hey?

:D

Not sure what to say other than I have given you the benefit of the doubt for a long time, but have decided ... you are a dogs supporter. Even though that may be an insult to the dogs. FMD and FO.

Don't know what you're on about mate but you're way out of line.

We lose players of the calibre of Morris and Merrin and sign the likes of The Butcher, Page, Ioane and Havili.

Generally speaking, we always seem to operate on a net loss in talent. Of course, the heavyweights of the competition operate differently.

Don't know why you'd be happy with this situation.

I kindly await your apology.

Straight Shooter

Iron Lion

Juniors
I can see Havili being a solid performer for you guys but he wont be a star. Solid at best, not suited to the Warriors dynamic up tempo game and with Nathaniel Roache coming through behind Issac Luke it was all over. More of a traditional straight up and down hooker. Positive thing is I think the Dragons is the perfect club for him to shine at.

The Nick

Bench
Not really sure what the plan is here with our hooking rotation? Not sure this signing strengthens what we already have.

giboz71

First Grade
Not really sure what the plan is here with our hooking rotation? Not sure this signing strengthens what we already have.

I tend to agree with you. But it's at least a recognition that we need to do something at hooker. No coincidence that the form halves in the comp this year have a great hooker complementing them. Rein will never be the answer unfortunately.

Missing out on McInnes hurt. And I can't believe we didn't make a play for Korisau, we've missed out on him twice now.

Iafeta

Referee
I actually think he's a bloody good signing. He's definitely got a running game in him but since he's been playing top grade over last 2 seasons, he seems to be under instructions to make minimal dummy half runs. I think a pre-season with a new team will do him the world of good as well. Hopefully he does well.

Errr no. He was dropped for not running the ball himself. Livas problem is one you leave NYC you run into blokes who can tackle. In NYC he could just barge his way through. Unfortunately he hasn't developed any sublety or toughness into his game. He's Monty Betham skill wise without the tough defence stamina or leadership.

The guy is a pretty rank signing.

He was facing being 4th in the hooker pecking order here so understandable that he's left. Won't run the ball, sharp pass but he D is woeful.

Masada Iosefa II

with all the talk about our salary cap dramas marina go from the tigers has come out and said their cap is so f**ked that they can't buy any marquee players for three years WOW that's bad at least we're not in that position!

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I think L'Estrange has been solid not sure why they would not look to re-sign him longer. This kid must be a cheaper option than hanging on to L'Estrange. Unless they get rid of Garvey.

What is Cameron King upto these days. Is he still injured? Geez he was good just injury prone. Saints dodged a bullet with him. Pity they did not do the same with the Stanley Bros and Dan Hunt.

Funny how they say Saints Salary cap issues will be gone in 2017. After Dan Hunt and Ben Creagh's time is up. How much of the cap do these 2 take especially Dan Hunt. Are we talking freeing up around 1 mil on these 2 players?

getsmarty

Immortal
I think L'Estrange has been solid not sure why they would not look to re-sign him longer. This kid must be a cheaper option than hanging on to L'Estrange. Unless they get rid of Garvey.

What is Cameron King upto these days. Is he still injured? Geez he was good just injury prone. Saints dodged a bullet with him. Pity they did not do the same with the Stanley Bros and Dan Hunt.

Funny how they say Saints Salary cap issues will be gone in 2017. After Dan Hunt and Ben Creagh's time is up. How much of the cap do these 2 take especially Dan Hunt. Are we talking freeing up around 1 mil on these 2 players?

I Think you add Farrell into the equation on overs ( allegedly MacGregor tried to get cronulla to take him but he failed a fitness test) + we could be paying some of Beale's contract this year and it all adds up. Thank goodness Mullholland is here to clean up the mess left behind be others.

BennyV

Referee

We need better than 'solid' at hooker. Hell, Rein has been in decent form but we still need better, we need a hooker who can show leadershio and direct the team around and allow Widdop and Marshall to create. Its why we looked so much better against Sharks when Heath came on.

Hopefully this bloke has it.

bottle

Coach
Is 22 and made the bench for NZ in 2014.
If cheap, a potential to be a project for the coaching staff at worst. Blokes have been known to improve on occasion in this game.
Some signings have to be a roll of the dice, as long as the investment isn't too high I have no problem with that. I trust the crew in charge of signings in the decision making process. Fortunately for all of us as fans none of the obvious clowns on here are able to get anywhere near influencing these decisions.

denis preston

First Grade

The talk was that Hunt was on 400 to 450K . Creagh would be on 300 to 350 next year. Farrell 300K ?

Geez , player retainment & requitment has been diabolical Since 2011 with resigning aging stars and requitment of couldabeens like Beale & Price which led us to not being able to retain champions like Morris & Merrin but that topic has been done to death.Doust & Young hang your head in shame !

V

Vasilevsky

I watched the game vs the Melbourne last weekend. He seems too heavy to me. Not fast enough off the mark and not busy or quick enough in defence. If Mary can rectify this, maybe he will be a great signing. He was certainly moved on by the Warriors so he likely came cheap.

V

Vasilevsky

The talk was that Hunt was on 400 to 450K . Creagh would be on 300 to 350 next year. Farrell 300K ?

Geez , player retainment & requitment has been diabolical Since 2011 with resigning aging stars and requitment of couldabeens like Beale & Price which led us to not being able to retain champions like Morris & Merrin but that topic has been done to death.Doust & Young hang your head in shame !

I think a lot should be put down to supercoach Price though Young is also implicated and Doust for sticking with such an inept set-up for so long.

V

Vasilevsky

The difference is that Stanley and King are very talented, just injury prone. Some kind of genetic problem with the knees for the former and maybe just the way the latter plays leads to many injuries. I'm not sure what anyone ever saw in Dan Hunt. The Dragons were always more successful without Hunt in the team. Supercoach Price thought it was prudent to get rid of Weyman but sign sign Dan Hunt on a long-term, big money contract. Absolutely baffling even for supercoach Price.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
It's funny- the comments in this thread range from saying he's a flair player to a traditional hooker, from "he doesn't run the ball" to "his strength is his running game".

I think the main point which explains this is that he's a big hooker- only 5'9" but 100kg when fit (and he's the type of bloke who you suspect is sometimes a few kilos more). He's the "hooker who could be a running back rower" type.

In NYC his running game was a major strength because he could trample blokes, but at NRL level he is probably a little bit slow off the mark, hence why he has become a bit invisible.

I guess at best you might be getting Mark Riddell, at worst Masada Iosefa. Hard to tell so far.

Latest posts