What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne Contract Talks

big boppa eel

Juniors
Heard the emperor on BSB show this morning and was asked about Jarryd's contract situation, DF said that they are talkin regarding resigning him and seems to have a good repore with Hayne's manager wayne beavis and more or less said he is quitly confident of Hayne staying, I think there is a bit of room for cautious optimism on our part, what do u guys think.?

Bigfella

Coach
I'm just a bit confused.

Apparently Fitzgerald is in charge of the Leagues CLub, and all contract decisions are the responsibility of the head coach?

Didn't he mention that?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Wayne Beavis is a Parramatta fan, a good mate of Fitzy's and is a regular at home games.

If we can't sign Jazz to a long term deal it wouldn't be without trying.

big boppa eel

Juniors
Bigfella said:
I'm just a bit confused.

Apparently Fitzgerald is in charge of the Leagues CLub, and all contract decisions are the responsibility of the head coach?

Didn't he mention that?
What does it matter as long he signs I dont care how it comes about.

Utey

Coach
With all this talk about Jarryd looking after himself after footy and his recent form, you can bet on him demanding top dollar. Gotta keep him at all costs.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'm quietly confident. It's obvious to see that Jarryd enjoys playing alongside guys like Inu and Mateo, and they've been retained by the club, which might make Jarryd's decision easier.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Eelementary said:
I'm quietly confident. It's obvious to see that Jarryd enjoys playing alongside guys like Inu and Mateo, and they've been retained by the club, which might make Jarryd's decision easier.

INU's contract ia also up at the end of next year..;-)

Eelementary

Post Whore
But I'm sure we'll re-sign him. I mean, with Tahu gone, that number 4 jersey surely will be his...Right? :shock: :?

Eelementary said:
But I'm sure we'll re-sign him. I mean, with Tahu gone, that number 4 jersey surely will be his...Right? :shock: :?

Rugby League is not the only influence in his life. From all reports his spiritual commitment to the church is quite significant.

However if I was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I would be advising Kris to sign the NRL contract. Tithe to the church during his contract then go on his two years of service after his NRL career has been completed.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Oh, I forgot about his religion.

But still - a good league career lasts about 10 years. Maybe a couple of extra 2 or 3 if you're lucky. Surely he could go on his pilgrimage then? In light of the fact that football will be his profession (if he chooses to make money playing it, that is).

Eelementary said:
Oh, I forgot about his religion.

But still - a good league career lasts about 10 years. Maybe a couple of extra 2 or 3 if you're lucky. Surely he could go on his pilgrimage then? In light of the fact that football will be his profession (if he chooses to make money playing it, that is).

Normally they go on mission between the ages of 18 and 25 for 2 years. Once a couple retires they are also encouraged to go on a mission lasting 3 to 36 months.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I guess we'll have to wait and see how this plays out.

But now I'm perhaps not as quietly confident as I was before. :)

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
AllThatJazz.jpg

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well Hayne IMO is a must re-signing, he is everything good about our club. He stood out at origin level at just 19, scary thing is he's only going to get better.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Just one thing on Inu, in this weeks big league Hagan mentioned the youngsters coming through and made a point of saying that Mateo, Hayne and Inu all had their contracts extended.

Don't have the quote on me tho

Latest posts