What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne Contract Talks

caylo

Bench
He has the potential to be the bets fullback in the game, i would hate for him to waste away at 5-8. He has the Minichello kick return and positional play, he also has the billy slater speed and chip kick going. Plus defencivly, he is better than McKinnon at the back. He reads the play better than most players, if you watch the Manly game, when watmough made a break he talked to burt and told him to take the support player and himself made the tackle on watmough. He is a smart player, and has alot of armory.
Future parramatta team will haveto have Hayne, Keating, Smith and Keating in the 1,6,7, and 9 and would make a deadly combination. Plus with players like Benny, Inu, Mateo, Cordoba backing them up, we will have good well rounded team for when players like Hind and Cayless retire. I just hope we win one before they do retire.

benoir91

Juniors
JARRYD Hayne's unforgettable Origin series may have started with a blemish but it's likely to finish with a bulging bank balance.
In a stunning twist of fortune for the NSW winger, Eels officials have revealed they're preparing to approach Hayne about signing a lucrative new long-term deal.
Already contracted until 2008, the Parramatta club wants Hayne until at least 2011 – at a potential cost of $350,000 a season.
Such a figure would easily ensure he was the highest-paid winger in the Australian game.
"Even though he's on contract for next year, we're talking to Jarryd now about trying to get his deal extended " Parramatta coach Michael Hagan told The Sunday Telegraph.
"I think he's a wonderful young player. He's got a big future at our club, for sure."
Hagan said the club had begun devising a way to extend and upgrade Hayne's present contract, with the Origin series being the Eels' only hurdle.
"We've been talking to Jarryd's manager Wayne Beavis for a number of months but we've understood that the Origin commitments have taken priority," Hagan said.
"But we'd really like to sit down now and get him sorted out."
Hayne etched his name into Origin folklore in Game I with a stunning first-half try and a shocking second-half gaffe which resulted in a Darren Lockyer try.
His ability to shake off any drop in confidence and maintain his composure for the Blues in their following two matches was all class.
"I thought he was outstanding the whole series," Hagan said.
"He showed that form in the Origin series, and the way he held that form in his club football throughout the series was fantastic as well."
Eels centre Timana Tahu's decision to swap codes next season has provided the club with a major bonus in extending Hayne's contract.
Parramatta officials hope the prospect of using Hayne closer to the action will be enough to further his future at the club.
"With Jarryd, Luke (Burt) and Ben (Smith) and Krisnan Inu, I think we've got the potential to be an exciting backline," Hagan said.
Beavis said his client was open to discussions.
"We're in no rush," he said. "But we're happy to sit and talk at any time. I can understand where they're coming from and we'll sit down at the appropriate time and have a chat."
The Eels' urgency to talk to Hayne relates to their commitment to securing the club's playing future.
Almost $2.1 million has been spent in recent months, with rising star Feleti Mateo, former rookie of the year Tim Smith, prop Josh Cordoba, veteran Daniel Wagon and promising rake Matt Keating also signing new deals.
Keating is seen as a replacement to hooker P J Marsh, who is in the process of testing his worth on the open market.

http://www.news.com.au/sundaytelegraph/story/0,,22034379-5006066,00.html

hope this helps

sportsmad

Juniors
Jarryd, if this counts for anything
please, please,please,please,please,pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease stay:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Gee, looks like a bit of dosh. But i think he's worth it, he's a future superstar of our game.

MrT

Juniors
yeah not as a winger though. 350k is a bit over the top if there isn't a cap rise.
300k is the absolute max. He needs to come off the wing though. I think it's time he's more challenged by playing fullback. As good as Burt has been, Hayne is our future there.
I'd stick Burt on the wing. Leave them for the remainder of this season but next year defiantely

Ron Jeremy

Coach
He's not a winger, he can cover all positions imo in the backline, currently it's wing, in the future it will be fullback & centre.

Agent Mulder

Bench
I would give him 350k A Year no worries at all, He is a better Talent then Jamie Lyon, we haven't lost anything there, At least Hayne doesn't go missing in games.

Freak2

Juniors
I heard a rumour about a month ago that Souths were going to make a big play for him to replace Peachy. However since then they have signed Wing and I am hoping that shuts the door on this rumour.

ATM Jarryd is the best winger in the game, however he is not proven at any other position. I hope (and believe) he has the goods to move into another role but I would not be willing to pay overs on that experiment.

You don't win premierships paying $300+ to wingers!!

In saying that I love the guy and I prey he stays!!!!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Eelementary said:
Future? He's already a star.
Yeah he's already a star, but i'm talking about potentially being one of the top 3 players in the game. He's got the talent to get there.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/hayne-has-lots-to-gain-by-waiting/2007/07/11/1183833599263.html

Hayne has lots to gain by waiting

Greg Prichard | July 12, 2007

JARRYD Hayne's manager, Wayne Beavis, says he will resist attempts by Parramatta to re-sign the young star to a long-term deal before the end of the season unless the Eels can come up with something extraordinary.

Hayne is contracted to Parramatta until the end of next season, but Beavis said the Eels - who are obviously determined not to let other clubs get a crack at the 19-year-old - had already approached him to talk about a new deal.

Beavis says Hayne can rival Melbourne's 20-year-old star, Greg Inglis, for earning capacity and that there is no risk in waiting to see how Hayne goes between now and the end of this season before talking about his future beyond 2008.

Hayne, who has made his name in first grade and for NSW in State of Origin on the wing, switches to fullback to cover for the injured Luke Burt against South Sydney at Parramatta Stadium on Sunday. Burt is out for up to eight weeks with a knee injury.

Hayne has been waiting for an opportunity to play fullback, and, while the circumstances are unfortunate, with the in-form Burt getting hurt against Newcastle on Monday, he will be aiming to grab the opportunity with both hands.

"Jarryd is an exceptional talent," Beavis said yesterday. "You only had to see the two tries he scored in the Origin series to know that. Parramatta have flagged to us that they would like to negotiate a new contract, but there's no gamble in Jarryd waiting, because he's just going to get better.

"Jarryd's happy at Parramatta and the club has been very supportive of him, but I've got to do the best for the kid. His earning capacity was going to go up even if he stayed on the wing, but his value has got the potential to go through the roof if he shows what he can do at fullback. I see a clear parallel between Jarryd and Greg Inglis, in that Inglis rose very quickly through his club and then through representative football, and Jarryd, who is 12 months younger than the other bloke, is doing the same.

"Jarryd has only played 30 first-grade games, but he's made a huge advance in that short time. The try he scored in Origin III was incredible. He beat four or five defenders in a very small space. He's tough, he's durable and he's got a great grasp of the game. That's why there's every chance he'll be just as successful at fullback as he's been on the wing."

Inglis is earning $400,000 a year and now that the Storm five-eighth is out of his teens, Hayne is the hottest teenager in the NRL.

"We're in no hurry to do a new contract," Beavis said. "Jarryd is only halfway through a three-year deal. We'll keep talking to Parramatta, but he's better off waiting until the end of the season before he thinks about his future. Parramatta would have to come up with something stunning to convince Jarryd to re-sign this early."

Hayne would become one of the most sought-after players on the market if other clubs were allowed to talk to him about 2009.

Meanwhile, Wests Tigers yesterday lost prop Bryce Gibbs from the side they named for tomorrow night's game against Manly at Brookvale Oval. Gibbs has not recovered from a medial ligament strain to his knee sustained against Penrith last weekend and will be out for two games.

Tigers coach Tim Sheens yesterday brought Jarrod Saffy into the 17-man squad for Gibbs, but there was no indication which forward would be elevated from the bench to the starting side.

And Brian McClennan yesterday confirmed he was quitting as New Zealand Test coach to take over at Leeds Rhinos in England.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I like Hayne, but comparing him to Inglis is just BS, Inglis is a freak and probably has the most natural talent in the game.

El Diablo

Post Whore
seems like they're after some serious coin

holdng out could have it's drawbacks too if things suddenly start going worse for him

yy_cheng

Coach
I doubt that. Even if he gets injured and loses form significantly, someone will offer overs for him cough Manly cough Souths

But his manager is right. It will work out both better for the club and himself. If he is a hit at FUllback, then Parra will see that he is worth $400K

jayjayselmes

Juniors
SMH.COM.AU

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/hayne-has-lots-to-gain-by-waiting/2007/07/11/1183833599263.html

JARRYD Hayne's manager, Wayne Beavis, says he will resist attempts by Parramatta to re-sign the young star to a long-term deal before the end of the season unless the Eels can come up with something extraordinary.
Hayne is contracted to Parramatta until the end of next season, but Beavis said the Eels - who are obviously determined not to let other clubs get a crack at the 19-year-old - had already approached him to talk about a new deal.
Beavis says Hayne can rival Melbourne's 20-year-old star, Greg Inglis, for earning capacity and that there is no risk in waiting to see how Hayne goes between now and the end of this season before talking about his future beyond 2008.
Hayne, who has made his name in first grade and for NSW in State of Origin on the wing, switches to fullback to cover for the injured Luke Burt against South Sydney at Parramatta Stadium on Sunday. Burt is out for up to eight weeks with a knee injury.
Hayne has been waiting for an opportunity to play fullback, and, while the circumstances are unfortunate, with the in-form Burt getting hurt against Newcastle on Monday, he will be aiming to grab the opportunity with both hands.
"Jarryd is an exceptional talent," Beavis said yesterday. "You only had to see the two tries he scored in the Origin series to know that. Parramatta have flagged to us that they would like to negotiate a new contract, but there's no gamble in Jarryd waiting, because he's just going to get better.
"Jarryd's happy at Parramatta and the club has been very supportive of him, but I've got to do the best for the kid. His earning capacity was going to go up even if he stayed on the wing, but his value has got the potential to go through the roof if he shows what he can do at fullback. I see a clear parallel between Jarryd and Greg Inglis, in that Inglis rose very quickly through his club and then through representative football, and Jarryd, who is 12 months younger than the other bloke, is doing the same.
"Jarryd has only played 30 first-grade games, but he's made a huge advance in that short time. The try he scored in Origin III was incredible. He beat four or five defenders in a very small space. He's tough, he's durable and he's got a great grasp of the game. That's why there's every chance he'll be just as successful at fullback as he's been on the wing."
Inglis is earning $400,000 a year and now that the Storm five-eighth is out of his teens, Hayne is the hottest teenager in the NRL.
"We're in no hurry to do a new contract," Beavis said. "Jarryd is only halfway through a three-year deal. We'll keep talking to Parramatta, but he's better off waiting until the end of the season before he thinks about his future. Parramatta would have to come up with something stunning to convince Jarryd to re-sign this early."
Hayne would become one of the most sought-after players on the market if other clubs were allowed to talk to him about 2009.

jayjayselmes

Juniors
From reading this i was right a few weeks back when said Hayne woud command $350,000 per season and most people on here jeered me and said no winger is worth that much.

Well looks like his manager is blowing up his price and is comparing him to greg inglis. I reckon hayne and his manager will ask for atleast $375,000 per season.

Looks like hayne really wants hat fullback spot and wih Burt at the helm looks like he will no doubt leave the club.