What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne has a fine coming his way

Jason Maher

Immortal
The courier fail at its hypocritical best today. Most of the back page is a lengthy sook about the Queensland Reds being dudded by a ref in South Africa. Then a couple of pages in they have a go at Hayne for having a sook about the ref in the game against Manly.

Queenslander - not even once.

Eelementary

Post Whore
The refs were bad, true - but I find it stupid to blame the refs for our loss. We were winning with 50 seconds to go - some Manly calmness and class won them the game on the buzzer. That's hardly the refs' fault.

Danish

Referee
The refs were bad, true - but I find it stupid to blame the refs for our loss. We were winning with 50 seconds to go - some Manly calmness and class won them the game on the buzzer. That's hardly the refs' fault.

The 2nd to last play the ball of the game the manly player was literally at a 90 degree angle to the try line. This was let go by the refs (previously penalised against parra).

The winning try was well and truly the referee's fault given Parra should have been in possession 30m up field.

Eelementary

Post Whore
The 2nd to last play the ball of the game the manly player was literally at a 90 degree angle to the try line. This was let go by the refs (previously penalised against parra).

The winning try was well and truly the referee's fault given Parra should have been in possession 30m up field.

You win some, you lose some.

Toutai should have contested that bomb more fiercely.

I think the refs were woeful, but I find it a bit rich to say they cost us the game.

Then again, I was just stoked my team showed some actual ticker after being assaulted last week.

Danish

Referee
You win some, you lose some.

Toutai should have contested that bomb more fiercely.

I think the refs were woeful, but I find it a bit rich to say they cost us the game.

Then again, I was just stoked my team showed some actual ticker after being assaulted last week.

Fair enough, however I can also understand Hayne's frustration in being critical of the ref's performance as the Eels put together a game winning effort and it was not rewarded.

Refereeing decisions go wrong sometimes, which you have to wear. Referees getting hounded by players into checking decisions however is absolutely not something that should be tolerated.

As I said before, there should be player fines brought in for dissent, or intimidating referees. Otherwise I can see Manly games ending up looking like Italian soccer with all the players swarming the official whenever something doesn't go their way.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Manly spoiling tactics are becoming as old and boring as their players.
Every team that plays Manly needs their captain to start whinging like Jamie Lyon.
4 weeks for Stewarts head high tackle on Moimoi or the game is not serious about concussion and high tackles.
He left the ground and went for his head.
The refs should be forced to crack down on spoiling tactics before more fans leave the game. 14 thousand at a Sydney blockbuster is now becoming a bit of a Sydney joke.

giphy.gif

I think the refereeing standard of the NRL is very poor maybe as poor as it has been in my 30 plus years of watching the game ( it could also be that the greater coverage allows us to see more footy where this was different in the past).

I for one think a rule should come in saying the Video Ref can only rule on try scoring plays. I hate players lying down to get a penalty after the video ref looks at it. If it was really serious and missed the match review panel will get the player. Most times to justify a penalty the player is put on report ( I think hardily any of them get charged or suspended because usually there was not much in it).

The refs lost it on Friday night and yesterday. If you interview a player straight after the game he should be able to say the refs had a poor game, plenty of people say when a player has a bad game. I thought players weren't allowed to speak to refs this year. Apart form many poor decisions yesterday ref in the manly v parra game should be dropped from listening to the manly players.

It is funny that coaches cant criticise a referee in the NRL. In other codes like the EPL most top managers blame the decisions given and not given by the ref in the game as costing them the game.

ek999

First Grade
I think the refereeing standard of the NRL is very poor maybe as poor as it has been in my 30 plus years of watching the game ( it could also be that the greater coverage allows us to see more footy where this was different in the past).

I for one think a rule should come in saying the Video Ref can only rule on try scoring plays. I hate players lying down to get a penalty after the video ref looks at it. If it was really serious and missed the match review panel will get the player. Most times to justify a penalty the player is put on report ( I think hardily any of them get charged or suspended because usually there was not much in it).

The refs lost it on Friday night and yesterday. If you interview a player straight after the game he should be able to say the refs had a poor game, plenty of people say when a player has a bad game. I thought players weren't allowed to speak to refs this year. Apart form many poor decisions yesterday ref in the manly v parra game should be dropped from listening to the manly players.

It is funny that coaches cant criticise a referee in the NRL
. In other codes like the EPL most top managers blame the decisions given and not given by the ref in the game as costing them the game.

They can, they just can't question the integrity of the ref

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
The courier fail at its hypocritical best today. Most of the back page is a lengthy sook about the Queensland Reds being dudded by a ref in South Africa. Then a couple of pages in they have a go at Hayne for having a sook about the ref in the game against Manly.

Queenslander - not even once.

The blue chip on the shoulder is so strong it makes its way into a thread about Manly and Parra.

Good to see.

They can, they just can't question the integrity of the ref

You really can't, it is a very thin line. If a coach after a loss was to say we lost because we lost the penalty count 10-4, he would possibly be fined.

If he went further and said it appeared that we were penalised for things we did but the opposition got away with the same things, he would definitely be fined.

All the coach is doing in both cases above is telling the truth. Referees in our game appear to favour one team over another in most matches. I watch most games over a weekend and of course I am biased about my own teams game but in other games you really notice it is like they are only refereeing one side. Usually they try to even up the penalty count late in games after the result is beyond doubt.

Penalties in our game has such a large influence on a game and the current refs are so inconsistent that if I was a losing coach in a close game I would send my assistant to the press conference.

betcats

Referee
You really can't, it is a very thin line. If a coach after a loss was to say we lost because we lost the penalty count 10-4, he would possibly be fined.

Bullshit, coaches talk about the penalty count and being on the wrong end of it every week without getting fined.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The first thing Brad Arthur said in his presser was the fact that we had a 4-10 penalty count.

magpie4ever

First Grade
The best player in a team doesn't always make the best captain of a side.

Hayne is not a captain's butthole.

betcats

Referee
The first thing Brad Arthur said in his presser was the fact that we had a 4-10 penalty count.

Its said all the time, who was the last coach fined? Toovey I think. No way someone hasnt blamed the penalty count for a loss in between now and then. Guys like Toovey, Des, Ricky, Flanno cant go a week with out complaining about the refs.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Some referee's dont have common sense.

I think it was the Titans/Raiders game last night, there was an attacking player who took it up and as soon as you heard held, he played the ball about 2 metres off the mark, forcing the markers to go backwards and therefore not square.

The referee shouldve called the player to get back and play it where he was called held.

Back when I played junior footy the referee used to yell at you for getting off the mark.

As for yesterday's Parra/Manly game, had we had a decent goal kicker we wouldnt talking about this much.

However the little penalties, infridgements in the play the ball Parramatta will learn. At the moment they're still weaknesses as far as discipline goes but they'll get better.

Latest posts