What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne headbutt=grub

Doomednow

Bench
:lol::lol::lol: It was a delibrate headbutt from Hayne the cheating grub.

Yeah, well, if you say so. I guess the judiciary will sort it out.

Having a punch on (or a headbutt on, whatever) doesn't make him a cheat though. You have to do other stuff to earn that label.

20knights10

Juniors
If that's deemed a head butt I'm over this game. Actually I'm over this season anyway. When an illegal team can still take the field week in week out and affect the points tally of other teams there is no justice served. But if the sport's adjudicators deem that malicious intent then I'd be better off watching water ballet.

Dragon

Coach
Hayne is a champ, and typical cat Slater has others do his fighting for him. Cronk should've been binned for being 3rd man in when he tackled Hayne.

Onya Parra, hope every other teams gives it to these pricks

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Well, If charged, Hayne will be charged with striking but unsure of what grade. Minimum is Grade 1, and thats 125 points. Because he has a previous charge, 20% of that will be added, so he is probably going to be charged with Grade 1 Striking and face 150 points (one match ban)

If Hayne takes the early guilty plea, he will have 25% of that taken off that, so will have 112.5 points (one match ban still)

So if I have done that correctly, Hayne will still miss his next game (which would be State of Origin as Parra have the bye (unless of course, Parra name him in the Wenty team)

Unless of course, when getting the 25% discount for the early guilty plea, it counts the base charge (125 points) and the add on 20% for the previous charge (25 points) seperatly. Then Hayne will only be charged with 107.8 points (still a one match ban)

I think the same will apply for Slater, assuming the same charge. (He has been charged with something in the last 2 years right?)

Interestingly, (this is where the conspiracy theory comes in) there is a rule which allows players to lose 1 point for the charge for each minute a player misses on the field (so Slater will have 10 less points to face in his charge because he was sin binned) So if I got all my math correct, and both players are charged with Grade 1 Striking. Hayne will face 107.8 points (one match) if he takes the early guilty plea, but Slater will only face 97.8 points because he got sin binned and will be free to play State of Origin.

Of course, I may be way off and I blame my Extra Dry's for that. But if correct, watch this forum explode!!!

Last edited:

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'm not trying to defend Hayne (the headbutt was a dumb thing to do and he has done his fair share of stupid things in the past)...But wasn't Billy Slater the same dude who yapped about Corey Paterson's depression? I think it was.

If so, Hayne should DEFINITELY get suspended - but you'd have to ask what did Billy say to prompt such a response. Hayne might be a bit of a fool, but he's not what you'd call a dirty player. Obviously something was said which made him totally lose it.

But yeah - dumb, dumb act.

Fui!!!

Juniors
Well, If charged, Hayne will be charged with striking but unsure of what grade. Minimum is Grade 1, and thats 125 points. Because he has a previous charge, 20% of that will be added, so he is probably going to be charged with Grade 1 Striking and face 150 points (one match ban)

If Hayne takes the early guilty plea, he will have 25% of that taken off that, so will have 112.5 points (one match ban still)

So if I have done that correctly, Hayne will still miss his next game (which would be State of Origin as Parra have the bye (unless of course, Parra name him in the Wenty team)

Unless of course, when getting the 25% discount for the early guilty plea, it counts the base charge (125 points) and the add on 20% for the previous charge (25 points) seperatly. Then Hayne will only be charged with 107.8 points (still a one match ban)

I think the same will apply for Slater, assuming the same charge. (He has been charged with something in the last 2 years right?)

Interestingly, (this is where the conspiracy theory comes in) there is a rule which allows players to lose 1 point for the charge for each minute a player misses on the field (so Slater will have 10 less points to face in his charge because he was sin binned) So if I got all my math correct, and both players are charged with Grade 1 Striking. Hayne will face 107.8 points (one match) if he takes the early guilty plea, but Slater will only face 97.8 points because he got sin binned and will be free to play State of Origin.

Of course, I may be way off and I blame my Extra Dry's for that. But if correct, watch this forum explode!!!

You didn't add carry over points.

Hayne has around 94 from that prelim final.

And Slater has 90 points from a tackle he made against the Broncos last month.

Both will be out of Origin.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach

True, however, there is a new rule where players can lose 5 carry over points per match played after their previous charge.

Hayne has played 5 tests, 12 club matches, 1 Origin, 1 All Stars match and 2 trials. 21 matches times 5points, 105 points deducted.

Hayne has no points.

I had no idea Slater had a charge this year, so that takes care of that.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Wouldn't it be interesting if NSW DON'T pick Hayne, and then his suspension would serve as an Eels game...:sarcasm:

langpark

First Grade
Ok, i'm a QLD fan, first of all. and i think people are over-reacting a bit. It was a slight nudge with the head, far less damaging than the average punch that gets thrown, or slater's elbow for example. And at least the guy was man enough to apologise afterwards. Not even worth missing an NRL match for. Leave it on the field and lets get on with it.

Timmah6991

Juniors
I'm not trying to defend Hayne (the headbutt was a dumb thing to do and he has done his fair share of stupid things in the past)...But wasn't Billy Slater the same dude who yapped about Corey Paterson's depression? I think it was.

If so, Hayne should DEFINITELY get suspended - but you'd have to ask what did Billy say to prompt such a response. Hayne might be a bit of a fool, but he's not what you'd call a dirty player. Obviously something was said which made him totally lose it.

But yeah - dumb, dumb act.

Not sure if you watched the incident, but Hayne instigated the situation by grappling Slater in the first place. Hayne could be cited for the original tackle as well as the headbut.

Maybe a lot of attention should be focused on the two incidents where Slater slid in with his knees after Parra scored.

If I was the Parra player who scored the first try, I would have got up and decked the fool!

oldmancraigy

Coach
Not sure if you watched the incident, but Hayne instigated the situation by grappling Slater in the first place. Hayne could be cited for the original tackle as well as the headbut.

It wasn't a grapple tackle... He just threw him around and Slater didn't like it.

Nothing in the tackle at all!

I reckon the advantage for both players is that the game was played Friday - by Monday everyone will be thinking about something else and it'll be easy for the match review to not charge either player.

I think there was a deduction rule brought in where a players points reduce by 5pts every game played

Correct...but let's coveniently ignore the grapple and focus on the result of this tackle.

attamarrap

Juniors
Ok qlders dont want hayne to play, NSW dont want slater play but really just let them play it was a great game last night if origin 2 could be anything like that we would have a great game.

as much as everyone on both sides wants the other suspended wouldn't you rather just watch them go again! i know i would imagine the build up

kickback

Juniors
Hayne will do a week maybe 2 what ever happens, the nrl cant let him going around headbutting, there was nothing in Slatters incident he just clipped him and he was given 10 min he wont have a charge to answer