What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne headbutt=grub

attamarrap

Juniors
there may have been nothing in slaters incident but it was bad because he meant to do it came in swinging his elbow lucky for him he didn't connect or he would sitting on the sidelines 4 a long time

matt

Juniors
My only problem with Haynes headbutt,was he didnt spread Slaters nose across his face.

Iafeta

Referee
Head-butting is a dog act in my opinion. He should serve a good suspension. I'm surprised he wasn't marched by Archer. The replays that his (inept) video ref got to see did not help Jarryd Hayne's case to stay on the paddock.

Excitable_Boy

Juniors
Oh btw at about the 34 minute mark. Just noticed Slater slid into Haynes head knees first while Hayne was on the ground.

Absolutely. Everyone seems to have missed this.

Hayne had been on the ground for a number of seconds before Big Brave Billy ran in feet-first. It's bullsh1t, but Archer didn't touch it because Slater does this stuff every week.

His knee to the face was 5 times the force of Hayne's headbutt. My only wish is that Hayne had really smacked him back.

Glenn

First Grade
Ahh the irony of the $torm supporters bringing up grapple tackles.
If you want to go through every tackle this weekend, I am sure you could find several more examples like that and exactly the same thing occurs, nothing.

Doomednow

Bench

Hayne had been on the ground for a number of seconds before Big Brave Billy ran in feet-first. It's bullsh1t, but Archer didn't touch it because Slater does this stuff every week.

His knee to the face was 5 times the force of Hayne's headbutt. My only wish is that Hayne had really smacked him back.

He really has always been a dirtbag, hasn't he. Some new blood in the referees, some with balls, might help sort this out. Stop letting this stuff go and penalise him for all the dirty crap he says and does. His star status lets him get away with too much. There's probably a couple of others in the league who could use some of this treatment as well, though Slater stands foremost in my mind.

Danish

Referee
Just looking back through how the nrl has handled minor headbutting in the past....

Matai was charged twice for basically the exact same act and was let off on both occasions.

Costigan headbutted Amos Roberts AFTER the fulltime siren when the players were shaking hands in 2007 and nothin came of that.

If hayne is charged, he has plenty of examples of similar incidents to help his cause

Didgi

Correct...but let's coveniently ignore the grapple and focus on the result of this tackle.

This. Slater was grappled and headbutted, but he's the dirty merkin? :crazy:
Melbourne fan complaining about grapple tackle :roll:

So because Melbourne apparently once did it, everyone's allowed to do it to them and they can't whinge? :crazy:
Ok qlders dont want hayne to play, NSW dont want slater play but really just let them play it was a great game last night if origin 2 could be anything like that we would have a great game.

as much as everyone on both sides wants the other suspended wouldn't you rather just watch them go again! i know i would imagine the build up

Cool story bro.

Next time two players face the judiciary, let them go on the understanding that they must go at it again some time.

Illegal play = punishment, idiot.

icewind

Juniors
headbutting is headbutting, and not a good look.

that being said, i'd prefer them to be able to play and sort it out in origin 2. Eels playing like they did is how NSW need to play in origin 2. Agression agression agression.

Evolution

Juniors

Maybe people missed it because there was nothing to see. Slater hit Finch not Hayne. Is that a deflection I see?

Are you just making up stuff while you are at it? Knee to the head? You would be lucky if there was even slight contact between Slaters knee and Haynes shoulder.

hellteam

First Grade
Ok qlders dont want hayne to play, NSW dont want slater play but really just let them play it was a great game last night if origin 2 could be anything like that we would have a great game.

as much as everyone on both sides wants the other suspended wouldn't you rather just watch them go again! i know i would imagine the build up

I'm a QLDer, I definitely want them both to play.

Rugby league have a bit of opportunity here I guess, this will be all over the papers, hopefully they both get off. Get AFL off the back page anyway. Heaps of people will love to see how it plays out in Origin.

PLEASE NRL DON'T SUSPEND THEM! YOU WILL BE RUBBING OUT TWO OF THE MOST EXCITING PLAYERS IN THE GAME AND WILL MAKE YOUR OWN CENTREPIECE STATE OF ORIGIN WORSE!!!!!!!!!

If they must be suspended, they should just be ruled out of club games. After all, it was in a club game.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Maybe people missed it because there was nothing to see. Slater hit Finch not Hayne. Is that a deflection I see?

Are you just making up stuff while you are at it? Knee to the head? You would be lucky if there was even slight contact between Slaters knee and Haynes shoulder.

It is quite obvious to see after Hayne is already on the ground that Slater changes direction and slides in with the knee's.

A worse act than the headbutt imo

God-King Dean

Immortal
1. Gidley........

fuuu.png

sting

Bench
Like brownie said a few years ago, my only issue with the headbutt is he didn't do it f**king hard enough!

Latest posts