What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne headbutt=grub

Excitable_Boy

Juniors
Maybe people missed it because there was nothing to see. Slater hit Finch not Hayne. Is that a deflection I see?

Are you just making up stuff while you are at it? Knee to the head? You would be lucky if there was even slight contact between Slaters knee and Haynes shoulder.

Yeah, you're having a laugh mate. Watch it again without your Storm blinders on. Your team's the dirtiest on and off the field and Slater typifies that to a T.

They've never been the cleanest side, but now they've got "nothing to lose", as your captain moaned last night, they're just making up their own rules. And most of the time they're getting away with it. No wonder Hayne snapped.

Evolution

Juniors
Yeah, you're having a laugh mate. Watch it again without your Storm blinders on. Your team's the dirtiest on and off the field and Slater typifies that to a T.

They've never been the cleanest side, but now they've got "nothing to lose", as your captain moaned last night, they're just making up their own rules. And most of the time they're getting away with it. No wonder Hayne snapped.

He did not even hit him with his knee to his head like people are trying to make out.

The only part of Slater that touched Hayne was his thigh getting Haynes upper arm.

Finch took most of the contact.

It is all a deflection. Oh no Hayne did not do anything bad look at that evil Slater going knee first into Haynes head (to bad it never happened but if you say it enough everyone will believe it)

chrisD

Coach
The incident(s) raised both players in my eyes and we need more of that sort of stuff. Grand final replay, a match up of the two best No.1s (QLD and NSW players), one side being a disgraceful bunch of cheats, we should be surprised and disappointed if sh*t didn't boil over to be honest.

Hey Slater threw a real punch instead of some twig push and shove, and it even landed (although to look at Hayne you wouldn't know it landed), that's worth the price of admission alone.

Based on judiciary form Hayne should miss the origin, but I wouldn't feel the slightest bit of guilt if he plays.

The biggest disgrace out there was Cam Smith.

El Diablo

Post Whore
2GB said all 90 carry over points have been expunged as he's played 19 games since the GF Qualifier

a grade 1 stiking was 112 and fighting it and being found guilty was worth 150

so if he's charged with that he'd be likely to fight it

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Hayne's 90 carry over points from the Prelim Final last year have now gone under the new system. He has played 19 games since the incident (NRL, Tests, Origin, Official trials). Each game where he has done nothing 5 points have been taken away. Therefore, he is on 0 points at the moment.

However, a Grade 1 Striking charge will mean 112 points and therefore a 1 week suspension. If he fights it and loses 150 points.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Dead set if either player gets suspended for those "incidents" then the game needs to have a long hard look at itself.

Nothing in either of them

2GB said all 90 carry over points have been expunged as he's played 19 games since the GF Qualifier

a grade 1 stiking was 112 and fighting it and being found guilty was worth 150

so if he's charged with that he'd be likely to fight it
may even cop a grade 2 charge which is 225pts

Excitable_Boy

Juniors
He did not even hit him with his knee to his head like people are trying to make out.

The only part of Slater that touched Hayne was his thigh getting Haynes upper arm.

Finch took most of the contact.

Okay, let's pretend we're in this parallel world you seem to occupy wherein Slater's hit doesn't connect.

Even so, he had no business being involved that late in the tackle. Hayne had been lying on the ground for a number of seconds before Slater dove in, with just as much intent as his attempted king-hit in the second half.

There's no defence here. Even if we're going by this game alone (and not Slater's entire history) he's a filthy player.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Not sure if you watched the incident, but Hayne instigated the situation by grappling Slater in the first place. Hayne could be cited for the original tackle as well as the headbut.

I saw that, but come on - that sh*t happens in every game these days.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Correct...but let's coveniently ignore the grapple and focus on the result of this tackle.

I'm not ignoring the 'grapple'. But the fact is Parramatta and Melbourne both did worse than that prior to that and afterwards. That's football.

Also, toughen up. You want to talk grapple tackles? How about when the Storm ripped Cayless' arm out of his socket when the tackle was completed? Or how about when you tried to twist Grothe's spine when the tackle was already completed? I have no sympathy for that defense because you deserve that karma.

What you don't deserve is an idiot headbutting your players.

Benji Magic

Juniors
Surely nobody wants these 2 rubbed out of origin?
I want to see them go at it again.
Nothing more than 2 blokes who don't like each other getting stuck in.

If you didn't like it then Carlton v Melbourne starts in about an hour, go and watch that!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Surely nobody wants these 2 rubbed out of origin?
I want to see them go at it again.
Nothing more than 2 blokes who don't like each other getting stuck in.

If you didn't like it then Carlton v Melbourne starts in about an hour, go and watch that!

Personally, I don't WANT Hayne to be out of Origin, but surely he must be punished for his actions. Ditto Slater and his elbow.

Whether they miss Origin or a 'less important' club match is open for discussion.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Personally, I don't WANT Hayne to be out of Origin, but surely he must be punished for his actions. Ditto Slater and his elbow.

What a weak game Rugby League has become :lol: two love taps and you want these two superstars taken out of the biggest game of the year.

Eelementary

Post Whore
A headbutt is against the rules, isn't it? Ditto an elbow when you're the third man in a tackle?

I'm all for toughness and whatnot, but only within the rules.

It's like if you're an MMA fan and the guy you support knocks out a bloke because he gets him on the floor and keeps pounding on him even after the ref stops the fight. Sure, it's tough, but it's against the rules.

STRUDDYS

Juniors
I just can't wait till Sunday when we can all go down to the local footy club and see all the kids in there yellow or purple boots headbutting each other. If Hayne is not out for two or three weeks what is that saying to the junior players of the game? Also I think the refs should forget that Melbourne are not playing for points and start reffing their games fairly some of the desisions last night were very ordinary.

Latest posts