What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne headbutt=grub

Eelementary

Post Whore
I just can't wait till Sunday when we can all go down to the local footy club and see all the kids in there yellow or purple boots headbutting each other. If Hayne is not out for two or three weeks what is that saying to the junior players of the game? Also I think the refs should forget that Melbourne are not playing for points and start reffing their games fairly some of the desisions last night were very ordinary.

Yep. I also can't wait to see the kids slipping in elbows to the back of people's heads as two of their teammates tackle the player. Or slide knees onto a bloke who is on the ground.

Way to remain unbiased.

Fui!!!

Juniors
I have only briefly seen the incident on the news.

Let's forget that it is Slater- obviously most people enjoy seeing this bloke get his.

That aside, Hayne is set to go and should go. A head butt is a head butt.

I think Slater may be free for Origin- here's why- http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24066289-23214,00.html?from=public_rss

In that case, Hayne can say that he was provoked by Slater who in the 34th minute slid in knees first into Hayne's head while Hayne was already down for 3 or 4 seconds.

STRUDDYS

Juniors
Okay, let's pretend we're in this parallel world you seem to occupy wherein Slater's hit doesn't connect.

Even so, he had no business being involved that late in the tackle. Hayne had been lying on the ground for a number of seconds before Slater dove in, with just as much intent as his attempted king-hit in the second half.

There's no defence here. Even if we're going by this game alone (and not Slater's entire history) he's a filthy player.

There was no tackle complete as Finch had not put a hand on Hayne, Hayne was on the ground when Slater came in and hit him with everything he had. No different to any player diving on another player to complete a tackle, Should have been a penelty prior to this against Hayne for a voluntary tackle but they dont give them out these days.

Benji Magic

Juniors
I just can't wait till Sunday when we can all go down to the local footy club and see all the kids in there yellow or purple boots headbutting each other. If Hayne is not out for two or three weeks what is that saying to the junior players of the game? Also I think the refs should forget that Melbourne are not playing for points and start reffing their games fairly some of the desisions last night were very ordinary.

And telling the ref to get Faaarrked while there at it. Thanks JT

Fui!!!

Juniors
There was no tackle complete as Finch had not put a hand on Hayne, Hayne was on the ground when Slater came in and hit him with everything he had. No different to any player diving on another player to complete a tackle, Should have been a penelty prior to this against Hayne for a voluntary tackle but they dont give them out these days.

Finch was standing over him, Hayne wasn't going anywhere.

And although the tackle wasn't completed, he slid in knees first, into Hayne's head.

When hayne was going in for the tackle on Goodwin in the prelim, the tackle wasn't completed, but he still went in knees first.

Perth Red

Post Whore
How is headbutting a player not a send off offence? The refs at the moment have no clue, Mortimer sin binned for what, yet Hayne stays on the field after a deliberate and obvious headbutt. The Slater incident would never have happened if the Refs had done their jobs properly.

_Johnsy

Referee
The only thing Hayne did that was wrong last night was not headbutt him properly.

What was that Brian, you're gonna sue.

Slater has had niggle in his game for years, the sooner someone knocks the merkin out the better.

Perth Red

Post Whore
well at least we now know the headbutt isn't even worth a sin bin, I watch with interest how it will weave its way into a tactic of the game!

Eelogical

Referee
Thread statistics.... over 200 posts gained, 16 pages defended and over 100 opinions played in the oppositions half. Seriously, if these incidents from last nights great encounter were played out during an Origin game they more than likely would have been seen as contributing to the gladiatorial contest that SOO stands for. I don't condone Haynes stupidity or Slaters response for that matter, but I certainly want to see both players in Origin 2. The fuse has been lit, SOO 2 has the ingredients be one of the most anticipated games this season............or it could be a fizzer.

Butters

Bench
Nice to see all the Sydney clubs fans defending blatant thuggery in the game because it happened to a player that routinely kicks their clubs arses.

dclayw

Juniors
The only thing Hayne did that was wrong last night was not headbutt him properly.
Agree, he should have done a proper job of it, then been sent off and get 6 weeks minimum. A headbutt is a headbutt though, and even that softly softly one deserved a send off.

chrisD

Coach
Nice to see all the Sydney clubs fans defending blatant thuggery in the game because it happened to a player that routinely kicks their clubs arses.

Blatant thuggery! I know how could they posibly let him get away with this? The police should have been called! How is it not assault?

Pierced Soul

First Grade
i thought a deliberate headbutt would be a send off offence? i reckon if anyone other than king jarryd had done it they would have been sent off.

The cat you speak of is unable to kick anyones arse as he is perpetually kicking at the head of opposition try scorers.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Slater is one of the biggest cheap shot artists in the history of the game about time he got some karma

in saying that Hayne should get a week on the sidelines and had it been any other week he would've but the judicary will make sure he and Slater play even though both shouldn't

j0nesy

Bench
I have to laugh at this. That was the softest love tap of a headbutt I have ever seen. Never mind that Slater went on to throw punches whilst 3 of his team mates were holding Hayne's arms. Besides, I've seen Slater do the exact same thing and not even get sighted. Meh I dislike them both in equal measure, so I hope they both get rubbed out of Origin, it's only fair :)

Hurriflatch

Referee
Mate how old are u?

Watch some old tapes of the 70's & 80's if u wanna see cheap shots.

Bobby Salter is an Altar Boy

they weren't cheap, the game was different and those players like Rod Reddy were able to back up when the player they snotted got them back.

Slater does cheap shots then goes and runs behind his team mates

If Slater is an Altar Boy I guess that makes you a priest

Latest posts