What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne Plane

I heard on triple-m that Rabby Jnr was incorrectly told he had first rights to an interview with the winner and has apologised about what happened ..... apparently One had arranged first rights

i usually try to laugh at little rabby at the parra games - in his own way he can be entertaining .... he is an announcer so his voice will be louder than your average nobody who they interview at games - maybe someone needs to do something about the sound levels of the speakers

Its not just the Volume, it the constant innane chatter.

Watching the Entire thing on one, there were times when the On Track Compare was being drowned out by little Rabby.

PJ Marshal

Coach
back off mits , it is apparent is that Mark warren is open for business, ready for business. Dare we say all grown up!

oldmancraigy

Coach
Hey guys - I found some good news for Inglis:

The world record 100m time for wheelchair athletes is 13.59 seconds - so he'd be in with a real chance if he ran against those guys.

Nikki

Coach
Oh I wish I had written down some of Mark Warrens dodgy quotes last night..

He was late in getting there. Hels and I were on our way in and saw Craig Catterick (co-organiser) waiting by the side of the road to give Mark his ticket. Im assuming this tardyness gave him little time to prepare coz as the players were arriving on the red carpet he had to rely on the other voice over guy to tell him who was who. There was a moment when the voice over guy didnt talk, and im sure you could hear pure panic in Marks voice as he asked over the loud speakers "Are you there?" Cringe worthy x 1000

bartman

Immortal
Oh I wish I had written down some of Mark Warrens dodgy quotes last night..

He was late in getting there. Hels and I were on our way in and saw Craig Catterick (co-organiser) waiting by the side of the road to give Mark his ticket. Im assuming this tardyness gave him little time to prepare coz as the players were arriving on the red carpet he had to rely on the other voice over guy to tell him who was who. There was a moment when the voice over guy didnt talk, and im sure you could hear pure panic in Marks voice as he asked over the loud speakers "Are you there?" Cringe worthy x 1000
:lol:.

Our ground announcer is so overrated. People talk about Morts getting an easy run due to his surname....

strider

Post Whore
overrated? ... i'll swear i've never heard a good word about him on here :? .... where is he getting rated?

bartman

Immortal
overrated? ... i'll swear i've never heard a good word about him on here :? .... where is he getting rated?
Someone must rate him (other than Ken Calendar) for him to still have the job.

Sevens has posted on here in response to previous member concerns that the Board love mini-Rabs and the sponsors love hearing mini-Rabs say their names over the speakers - pity the fans tune out with all the overloud prattle and wouldn't register any company names being said anyway?

Sevens even suggested that he'd come around the stands and give me a tap on the shoulder the next time mini-Rabs was "on fire" on the mike... :lol:.

Nikki

Coach
If he just said sponsors names, and announced the team I could live with it.. But to commentate the play and through in his judgmental comments is just not welcomed.. AND THE SHOUTING INTO A MICROPHONE THAT ALREADY HAD VOLUME!!!!

bartman

Immortal
More Hayne related coverage following Usain Bolt's visit...
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ell-lose-hayne-warns-joey-20100918-15h2i.html

We'll lose Hayne, warns Joey

Daniel Lane

September 19, 2010

jarryd-hayne-200x0.jpg
Fast ... Jarryd Hayne. Photo: Simon Alekna

ANDREW JOHNS has warned the code's hierarchy that Parramatta superstar Jarryd Hayne won't end his career in the NRL.
The former Australian skipper, acknowledged by many as the code's greatest-ever halfback, slammed the salary cap for being the greatest aid to rival codes, and even the English Super League, poaching players such as Hayne with king's ransoms.
He expressed his frustration at the restrictive nature of the cap while being interviewed during the Usain Bolt charity dinner by the master of ceremonies, Alan Jones.
His view is reinforced by a statistic showing that 15 first-graders will switch to next year's English Super League, Super 15 rugby and AFL competitions, a grand total of 1922 games of top-grade experience.
''Someone like Jarryd [Hayne] - I watch him not just as a commentator but also as a fan,'' Johns said.
''The things he can do take your breath away. To put a cap on what he should earn, I think, is outrageous.
''He's a world-class athlete Jarryd, and I hope he stays in rugby league his whole career. But unfortunately he probably won't because the riches of French rugby union or even the Super League in England will probably poach Jarryd - or another code … AFL or rugby.
''He's the sort of player that just commands that [attention] because he's such a superstar. He shouldn't be restricted on what he can earn.''
Johns noted that the AFL's obvious demand for league's best talent was also a concern.
This year the AFL recruited Brisbane's Israel Folau to join league international Karmichael Hunt in that code for a deal estimated to be worth $6 million over four years.
The AFL would also like to sign the likes of Hayne and Melbourne's Billy Slater to help the Kevin Sheedy-coached GWS gain a supporter base in Sydney's western suburbs.
While Parramatta missed out on Wallabies star Quade Cooper when the ARU decided to open its chequebook, rugby's new Melbourne Rebels Super 15 franchise signed Newcastle's Cooper Vuna, St George Illawarra's Jarrod Saffy and JP du Plessis, (who did not play first grade) from the Sydney Roosters.
Other players to join the NRL's annual exodus of players include Brett Finch, Jeff Lima and Ryan Hoffman (Melbourne to Wigan), Luke Patten (Canterbury to Salford), Josh Perry (Manly to St Helens), Luke O'Donnell (Cowboys to Huddersfield) Willie Mason (Cowboys to Hull KR), Blake Green (Canterbury to Hull KR), Ben Farrar (Manly to Catalans), Ian Henderson (Warriors to Catalans), Scott Dureau (Newcastle to Catalans) and Lopini Paea (Roosters to Catalans).

mrpwnd

Bench
Doubt Hayne will stay in league after his contracts done assuming the salary cap remains as it is. No matter how much you love the sport, money wins.

Forty20

First Grade
Especially when there is a limited time frame in which every player can command the big dosh.

If I was doing the same damage to my body week in, week out I'd want to be setting up my future quick smart. I love loyalty as much as everyone else but I can't begrudge a player looking out for himself.

That does however make Hindy and Caylo even greater figures of our club and of the game.

boxhead

First Grade
I would seriously pay Hayne a million dollars to stay in Rugby League.
He is one of those players that simply cannot go to another code/sport, if he is lost to Rugby League the game will lose a huge influx of fans......he is without a doubt one of the main reasons why Rugby League ticketed members and such are going so well.....

Losing Jarryd Hayne would deal a near fatal blow to Rugby League, and the only way they would recover that is to steal someone like Quade Cooper or really....well, you know....

RockWheel

Bench
I would seriously pay Hayne a million dollars to stay in Rugby League.
He is one of those players that simply cannot go to another code/sport, if he is lost to Rugby League the game will lose a huge influx of fans......he is without a doubt one of the main reasons why Rugby League ticketed members and such are going so well.....

Losing Jarryd Hayne would deal a near fatal blow to Rugby League, and the only way they would recover that is to steal someone like Quade Cooper or really....well, you know....

Calm down. Near fatal blow? F**k me.

boxhead

First Grade
Calm down. Near fatal blow? F**k me.

:lol: Yes I was exaggerating, but seriously, it would probably be the biggest defection in the modern game if he switched to another code...it is bigger than Quade Cooper leaving Rugby Union and so on, the amount of press (good or bad) and viewers he generates for the game is something Rugby League needs.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I will be upset if Hayne was lost to Parra and RL, but the game would Survive. For every Hayne and Inglis there is a Uate, Dugan and Coote.

mrpwnd

Bench
I will be upset if Hayne was lost to Parra and RL, but the game would Survive. For every Hayne and Inglis there is a Uate, Dugan and Coote.
Well, keeping a piece of silver at the cost of giving away a big piece of gold is hardly a redeeming bargain.

Latest posts