What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne puts loyalty before cash

Stagger eel

Staff member
Zetland Rabbit said:
One week ago i was reading that if your mob signed Hayne then you would struggle big time to keep Inu.

If you manage to do a Roosters and keep him as well now questions will have to be asked, unless you off-load 3-4 players.

why would we be doing a Roosters???

Stagger eel

Staff member
shiftysmith said:
how confident are you about INU staying for 09 and beyond?

the word I'm hearing is that it will ne harder to tie him up....I'm still confident but it will be tough and it might drag on for a while.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
Zetland Rabbit said:
One week ago i was reading that if your mob signed Hayne then you would struggle big time to keep Inu.

If you manage to do a Roosters and keep him as well now questions will have to be asked, unless you off-load 3-4 players.

You don't regard letting Ian Hindmarsh, PJ Marsh & Tahu go fair?

there's your 3-4 players rascally wabbit.

Avenger

Immortal
COACH STERLING said:
You don't regard letting Ian Hindmarsh, PJ Marsh & Tahu go fair?

there's your 3-4 players rascally wabbit.

and then you can add, Wagon, Robinson and maybe Ben Smith and that is a sh*t load of money freed up.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Avenger said:
If Inu leaves eela you are supplying the sauce so that my mouse is edible.

:D

I think your over confident with INU...he'll be tough to sign especially with the shrewd manager he has.

Avenger

Immortal
eelavation said:
I think your over confident with INU...he'll be tough to sign especially with the shrewd manager he has.

Your probably right. :D

** sorry mate I had to edit that **

COACH STERLING

Juniors
Avenger said:
and then you can add, Wagon, Robinson and maybe Ben Smith and that is a sh*t load of money freed up.

We'll have more than enough $$$ left.

The likes of Mannah, Williams, Tautai and Keating Boys shouldn't cost us too much either. I'm almost tempted to say that we could go out on the market for a top line front rower next year.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
eelavation said:

Who's the manager? I didn't think it would have mattered too much.
Realistically, no ones going to offer him more than 350K here in Australia, and even if they did, we would counter offer it within 50K. I don't think Inu would leave for the sake of 20-50K. That's my way of thought anyway.

Stagger eel

Staff member
COACH STERLING said:
We'll have more than enough $$$ left.

The likes of Mannah, Williams, Tautai and Keating Boys shouldn't cost us too much either. I'm almost tempted to say that we could go out on the market for a top line front rower next year.

Acctually, I was told that there isn't too much left at all, especially if INU signs...

* Kris Keating is hot property and had up to 10 clubs enquiring for his sevices including Melbourne and Canterbury.

* Tony Williams knocked back a big offer from Canterbury and they'll obviously try again at the end of 08

* Tautai was courted by Souths and decided to stay.

* Mannah, I believe has recently extended his deal for another 2 years but come the end of next year he'll be also up for a major upgrade...

if we manage to keep all those young player you mentioned there will be absolutely no money for any marquee signings..I'm certain of it.

Stagger eel

Staff member
COACH STERLING said:
Who's the manager? I didn't think it would have mattered too much.
Realistically, no ones going to offer him more than 350K here in Australia, and even if they did, we would counter offer it within 50K. I don't think Inu would leave for the sake of 20-50K. That's my way of thought anyway.

manager is Isaac Moses..he did very well looking after Feleti..I dare say he'd be doing the same for INU..

funnily enough I said the same to someone close to the club recently and he said that INU is a big chance of leaving..his words not mine.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
eelavation said:
Acctually, I was told that there isn't too much left at all, especially if INU signs...

* Kris Keating is hot property and had up to 10 clubs enquiring for his sevices including Melbourne and Canterbury.

* Tony Williams knocked back a big offer from Canterbury and they'll obviously try again at the end of 08

* Tautai was courted by Souths and decided to stay.

* Mannah, I believe has recently extended his deal for another 2 years but come the end of next year he'll be also up for a major upgrade...

if we manage to keep all those young player you mentioned there will be absolutely no money for any marquee signings..I'm certain of it.

I believe all of that. First club poaches come to is ours now.

In 2-3 yrs, we can sign all of them up when Caylo decides to leave. Hopefully we can hold onto them for that long.

Stagger eel

Staff member
COACH STERLING said:
I believe all of that. First club poaches come to is ours now.

In 2-3 yrs, we can sign all of them up when Caylo decides to leave. Hopefully we can hold onto them for that long.

that's definitely the key...not sure how succseful we would be.

Stagger eel

Staff member
shiftysmith said:
its not sounding to promising about inu....

we're still well in the running..all I'm saying is that it will be more difficult then Hayne.

I wouldn't get too confident.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
eelavation said:
manager is Isaac Moses..he did very well looking after Feleti..I dare say he'd be doing the same for INU..

funnily enough I said the same to someone close to the club recently and he said that INU is a big chance of leaving..his words not mine.

So long as that some one close to the club isn't INU :D
If I was a betting man, I'd say we'd definitely offer him a decent upgrade. Somthing similar to Hayne

Stagger eel

Staff member
COACH STERLING said:
So long as that some one close to the club isn't INU :D
If I was a betting man, I'd say we'd definitely offer him a decent upgrade. Somthing similar to Hayne

the decent upgrade is no brainer..similar to Hayne??? I don't know.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
eelavation said:
the decent upgrade is no brainer..similar to Hayne??? I don't know.

I'm just trying to think like Inu. I would be spewing to find out that Hayne was on a considerable lot more if I was Inu. 20-30K is fair enough given the SOO exposure Hayne's had ect.. but talent and potential wise, I for one still don't know who's more valuable..