What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne to Titans!!!

Slippery Morris

First Grade
What suprises me about this is that I thought he was a certainty to go to Parra. Saints would have had a genuine chance if they could offer big dollars. Huge mistake not getting him.....

Glad he is going to Titans than any of the other rich clubs.

Goes to show how a good coach can attract players Take note Saints. Getting Boyd, Gaz, Fein, Costigan and Jeremy Smith on board for 3 years of good footy was not due to the Red V being a club with good history but Bennett being a coach. Wake up and sign a decent freakin coach.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Does that mean the 10 day cooling off period would have lapsed? or would he still have 10 days to get out of the deal ala DCE?

deansykes

Juniors
I think theres more to it than just the coach... Arn't the Titans owned by the NRL now? And Greenberg has a strong relationship with him?

St Tangles

Bench
And he is going to be the face of a new start up company "phone a flight".
Thats how the smart clubs do 3rd parties.
The difference between ours, Parra's and the Titans offers.
Plus possibility other incentives from the NRL.

MilanDragon

Juniors
My understanding was dragons offered big money. I think on par with Titans in salary cap space - it'll be the TPA's that meant Titans offer was better.

deansykes

Juniors
i'm not overly disappointed by this, as it could have potentially delayed Dufty's progression which would be a kick in the face after signing on for a further 2 years

hillbillyserb

Juniors
Doust is no fool
He would have loved for us to get Hayne
To him its all about taking the heat of himself and appeasing the fickle fans for another couple years.

Hail Mary

Juniors
Great news, mary and doust done well not picking up hayne, he is over rated. Now we need Ray thompson signed and we are set.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Hayne is past his best and overrated. He failed at NFL and Fijian Rugby Sevens because he has bulked up and lost his pace.
He is a waste of time and salary cap space.
We have a half-a-dozen backs that are faster and better than him. He can get up to his pranks and stupidity on the Gold Coast
where he will soon move on to his next whim
such as French rugby or Japanese rugby
where he can earn money by daydreaming
about his next fantasy. He is bigger than the
game and will follow in the footsteps of the Eels bigshots Foran, Norman and Radrada.
Hopefully his move will allow us to pick up
either Elgey or Taylor because the Titans have no room left in their salary cap.

grouch

First Grade
Hayne is past his best and overrated. He failed at NFL and Fijian Rugby Sevens because he has bulked up and lost his pace.
He is a waste of time and salary cap space.
We have a half-a-dozen backs that are faster and better than him. He can get up to his pranks and stupidity on the Gold Coast
where he will soon move on to his next whim
such as French rugby or Japanese rugby
where he can earn money by daydreaming
about his next fantasy. He is bigger than the
game and will follow in the footsteps of the Eels bigshots Foran, Norman and Radrada.
Hopefully his move will allow us to pick up
either Elgey or Taylor because the Titans have no room left in their salary cap.
So much lol in one post.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I remember when he lost a State of Origin game with a stupid pass and said he would do it all again. We do not want any more players who give hospital passes or grandstand passes.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Let us also hope that we do not end up with
Tony Williams or Robbie Farah who would also be wastes of space. I would prefer that we promoted from within where we would get better loyalty from players. Harry Bath gave young and promising players a go in
1977 and 1979 and the Dragons won two
Premierships. Reddy joined us when he was 17 or 18.

Latest posts