What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hayne

strider

Post Whore
any more respect and i'd be over respected

he was shocking defensively on the wing - but he goes good at centre

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
he was shocking defensively on the wing - but he goes good at centre

That makes no sense. If you can defend at centre you can defend on the wing.

I think he has looked both good and bad defending at both positions, though that kind of inconsistency is a sign of inexperience.

hybrideel

Bench
They are 2 completely different positions with different requirements. Sure there may be centers and wingers that can play both well but I'm sure there are a lot that can only do one well

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
They are 2 completely different positions with different requirements. Sure there may be centers and wingers that can play both well but I'm sure there are a lot that can only do one well

Agreed, but the only area of wing defensive play where a good defensive centre might not perform would be in covering kicks.

As far as reading play and making tackles, if you can defend at centre you can defend anywhere - including wing.

cv8z

Juniors
Agreed, but the only area of wing defensive play where a good defensive centre might not perform would be in covering kicks.

As far as reading play and making tackles, if you can defend at centre you can defend anywhere - including wing.

The defence rests.

Sensai Cobra

Juniors
I reckon it's nothing too serious, he does seem a bit of a drama queen.

#HappyToBeProvenWrongThough

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
It's scar tissue again. Two weeks tops.

Dr Gronk. <pm me your medicare number for bulk billing >

mickdo

Coach
I'd be suprised if it were an ACL. Looked too painful. I'd be guessing torn medial ligaments.

Having had one myself, believe me an ACL is very painful for about the first 5 minutes, then the pain almost goes away and you can even walk on it ok. Hence my fears when they said he walked up the tunnel.