What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hayne

parraeels

Juniors
his out for up to 4 weeks, it's on the eels website. torn ligament. Although his facebook page says 6 weeks.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
We just got this media release from the Eels

MEDIA RELEASE

Pirtek Parramatta Eels fullback Jarryd Hayne will miss Sunday’s match against Manly following his foot injury suffered in Game 3 of the Harvey Norman State of Origin series.

MRI scans today revealed Hayne has torn a ligament in his right foot and will be sidelined for up to four weeks, with an earlier return dependent on the progress of his recovery.

Coach Stephen Kearney is yet to name a replacement to take Hayne’s place in the Eels side to play Manly in Round 18 this Sunday afternoon.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Oh PLEASE dont let his replacement be Burt.
Dont dare do that to us again Mr Kearney.
PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE.

bartman

Immortal
He looked in a lot of pain when it happened. And no point in really rushing back for any of our next four games against top 5 teams... better to get himself right and contribute in some games we might be a chance of winning to finish up the year.

Mullaney to get a chance at f/b, with Burt on the wing, Morgan back in the centres, Willie T back at Wenty - and let's see how we roll for the next month!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
thats he way I'd go as well Bartman

Mullaney should be rewarded and Tonga needs a rocket

parra pete

Referee
Hayne out for four weeks will demonstrate just how much he means to your Club, and should increase the urgency to get him onto an extended playing contract..

lingard

Coach
Huh?

The bloke (who I quoted and replied to) was saying that Burt gives us good defensive chatter. I just pointed out that it isn't true.

I used Hayne as the comparison for two reasons. (1) people say he can't "organise the defence" from FB like Burt (false) and (2) he's the only other bloke who has played 50+ games at fullback so we can make a fair comparison.

As far as Sio goes, I fail to see your whinge? Wasn't I just agreeing with what you said? (In that Sio was first choice FB for the club with Hayne out earlier in the season).

Don't join the paranoia brigade Strides!!!

What did you just call me?

lingard

Coach
On 2nd thoughts: this post was enough warrant for some SERIOUS drama around here.

Let's chase each other through every thread arguing about whose fullstop was in the wrong place??

I fail to see why you`ve used two question marks there, mate. And I think you`ll find that it`s 'full-stop'. Otherwise, okay.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Mullaney to get a chance at f/b, with Burt on the wing, Morgan back in the centres, Willie T back at Wenty - and let's see how we roll for the next month!

f**k that, Burt to Wenty, Blair to wing.

Tonga mightn't like to pass the ball, but I'd prefer a centre who can't pass to one who can't tackle.