What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hayne

phantom eel

First Grade
So if Hayne's looking ok and a chance for the Bulldogs game, then we just go with the same backline as last week, and Kearney can make a decision who to drop the week after?

Maybe Tonga rushed back given we were short with Origin - though on current form you'd have to expect Willie T to be the one to drop back for Hayne (unless he turns it around this weekend)?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well, you actually. He's the only player you mention as to why we're going so poorly.
This was a thread about Hayne being injured and who should replace him, so i should have a whinge at how soft Poore is in this thread???? Or how slow Keatings service is from dummy half???? Or Sandows defence or why we can never play for a full 80 mins????

strider

Post Whore
It's the biggest load of crap I've ever heard.

Go do some research on this topic and get back to me.
I can save you the hassle if you like (since I've done the research). Prior to this year, with Burt at fullback we conceeded 34 points per game ON AVERAGE. With Hayne it was under 19.
The only reason I don't include this years stats is because I haven't compiled them yet, and frankly I can't be bothered! It wouldn't change the overall picture very much (probably make Hayne's numbers go up to 20 and Burt's would be about the same.

And over the entire length of his career (which includes playing in some winning teams) we win only 37% of the time when Burt is at fullback. He's also been spared playing fullback for the main part under the Kearney regime (the losingest in club history).

As a comparison, Hayne has a 48% record of winning at fullback, which is all the more remarkable considering he has played a large number of games at the position under the Kearney regime (the losingest in club history).

If you can't be bothered reading it all, I'll sum up for you:
Hayne at fullback = better defence for the team. Burt at fullback = terrible idea (been shown time and again over the years - the bloke is a winger or nothing).

incase YOU couldn't be bothered reading - no one was saying burt is better than hayne :lol:

oh and I realise Sio was at fullback earlier in the year, hence when I said move him there "again"

strider

Post Whore
So if Hayne's looking ok and a chance for the Bulldogs game, then we just go with the same backline as last week, and Kearney can make a decision who to drop the week after?

Maybe Tonga rushed back given we were short with Origin - though on current form you'd have to expect Willie T to be the one to drop back for Hayne (unless he turns it around this weekend)?

I don't think anyone gets rushed back in our team - no need to rush, we aren't likely do anything anyway

oldmancraigy

Coach
incase YOU couldn't be bothered reading - no one was saying burt is better than hayne :lol:

oh and I realise Sio was at fullback earlier in the year, hence when I said move him there "again"

Huh?

The bloke (who I quoted and replied to) was saying that Burt gives us good defensive chatter. I just pointed out that it isn't true.

I used Hayne as the comparison for two reasons. (1) people say he can't "organise the defence" from FB like Burt (false) and (2) he's the only other bloke who has played 50+ games at fullback so we can make a fair comparison.

As far as Sio goes, I fail to see your whinge? Wasn't I just agreeing with what you said? (In that Sio was first choice FB for the club with Hayne out earlier in the season).

Don't join the paranoia brigade Strides!!!

oldmancraigy

Coach

On 2nd thoughts: this post was enough warrant for some SERIOUS drama around here.

Let's chase each other through every thread arguing about whose fullstop was in the wrong place??

Mr_E

Juniors
Actually, whilst all of the above are valid reasons, I'd actually have Burt at Fullback were Hayne out. And here is my reasoning.

Burt will be gone next season, Hayne won't, he'll be our fullback. Therefore it would make more sense to blood a winger, then a fullback who will only be replaced by Hayne next year anyway.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Heard from my brothers, wife, brothers, 1st cousin, uncle, 2nd removed from his grandfathers secret lover who now lives in Emu Plains, that Paul Cariage is playing fullback this weekend. Luke Burt to be Paul's far right hand assistant.
Don't know what to make of this but the sauce is very hot and diarrhoea assured.

head+in+the+sand.jpg

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
Sky News are reporting Hayne out for two weeks.

#sportsline

jimmy77au

Juniors
I watched an eels contact session today at Cabramatta, after my young bloke attended a CLinic there - Mullaney was doing all the fullback training, with Burt on the wing.....So whilst everyone in the media appears to be saying Burt to fullback - it certainly appears otherwise. Not sure about the "confirmations" have come from....

pantherz9103

First Grade
Not an Eels fan but very interested to see Jake Mullaney in First Grade after attending several Wenty games at Ringrose Park where he always a stand out in the NSW Cup with natural tryscoring ability. I've been wondering why it's taken so long for him to get a call up.