What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HC Sackings

shiznit

Coach
On a side note… how in the f**k is it that Bill Belichick can design complex blitzes and coverage’s to beat even more complex offensive schemes… but he can’t figure out how to message the right Brian on his phone… 😂😂

Dogs Of War

Coach
But that shouldn’t be the case…

I mean people get upset at the Rooney rule because the job should go to the best available candidate regardless of skin colour… and I agree with that.

but if we are truly saying that… you can’t tell me Flores shouldn’t be picked up for one of these jobs.

Taking court action is probably him reading the room that he is not being seriously considered for these roles which i think isn’t right.

The egregious part to me isn’t the hiring process… it’s the fact that Flores and Culley were given opportunities which were franchises in terrible positions…

and then when they did absolutely the best that anyone could have done in that position and were basically fired… and then in Flores case he had his character assassinated when all the stories started coming out that he was terrible to work for etc…

And now he realises he isn’t being treated like a real candidate for these jobs he should be snapped up for… something is f**ked up about the scenario…

I think you ignoring that nearly all the roles had a GM change as well. A GM is going to pick someone he has worked with before. Plenty of reasons he may not have got the role. But in the eyes of many, with his outburst he has also proved them right. It's something you can push a few years from now. Not go public and via what seems to be legal action cause you believe you were the best candidate (when I'm sure others who applied believed the same as well).

Dogs Of War

Coach
On a side note… how in the f**k is it that Bill Belichick can design complex blitzes and coverage’s to beat even more complex offensive schemes… but he can’t figure out how to message the right Brian on his phone… 😂😂

Have you read much on how things work around Bill? It's all old school stuff. Suprised he even has a mobile phone. Actually, that's probably it. He has an old Nokia and it just comes up with Brian when he received the text.

shiznit

Coach
I think you ignoring that nearly all the roles had a GM change as well. A GM is going to pick someone he has worked with before. Plenty of reasons he may not have got the role. But in the eyes of many, with his outburst he has also proved them right. It's something you can push a few years from now. Not go public and via what seems to be legal action cause you believe you were the best candidate (when I'm sure others who applied believed the same as well).
That in itself is stupid… GM’s should be hiring the best head coach available… not the best coach they happen to play golf with.

and it’s not a matter of believing he’s the best candidate… he IS the best candidate… there’s no doubt about that.

No doubt he’s probably made things more difficult for himself… but if what is in the lawsuit is true… is he supposed to take it on the chin and be all grateful when he’s finally given another chance?

I think what Flores is doing isn’t just about him.. it’s about the entire process… which I think is flawed when you see Flores after what he did in his first job and McDaniels hired when you see what he did…

Golfing buddy GM or not… that’s a bunch of bullshit…

Dogs Of War

Coach
That in itself is stupid… GM’s should be hiring the best head coach available… not the best coach they happen to play golf with.

and it’s not a matter of believing he’s the best candidate… he IS the best candidate… there’s no doubt about that.

No doubt he’s probably made things more difficult for himself… but if what is in the lawsuit is true… is he supposed to take it on the chin and be all grateful when he’s finally given another chance?

I think what Flores is doing isn’t just about him.. it’s about the entire process… which I think is flawed when you see Flores after what he did in his first job and McDaniels hired when you see what he did…

Golfing buddy GM or not… that’s a bunch of bullshit…

Oh so your fine if your club does that, with Zeigler and McDaniels, but if other clubs do it, it's outrageous. I think I've got it.

And even if he is the best candidate. Is he the best fit for the organisation? Just being a good coach doesn't mean it will work at a club as each club has it's own culture, and not everybody is able to change that, especially if your only a coach.

The Newcastle Knights are a good example. Between the last 3 coaches, I don't think any have really been the right fit for the club. Cause the clubs problem isn't the coach, it's how it's run. And until they fix that top level, every coach looks like he has one hand tied behind his back.

shiznit

Coach
Oh so your fine if your club does that, with Zeigler and McDaniels, but if other clubs do it, it's outrageous. I think I've got it.

And even if he is the best candidate. Is he the best fit for the organisation? Just being a good coach doesn't mean it will work at a club as each club has it's own culture, and not everybody is able to change that, especially if your only a coach.

The Newcastle Knights are a good example. Between the last 3 coaches, I don't think any have really been the right fit for the club. Cause the clubs problem isn't the coach, it's how it's run. And until they fix that top level, every coach looks like he has one hand tied behind his back.

Lmfao… you haven’t got it… 😂😂

Go and read it again…

i said the fact Flores couldn’t pick up a job and McDaniels did was a bunch of bullshit!

Id rather Flores a million times more than McDaniels…

shiznit

Coach
If Al Davis was still alive I reckon as soon as the lawsuit was filed the old bastard would of hired Flores just to piss off the league… 😂😂

shiznit

Coach
See I don’t get that… with the greatest respect to this dude and what he’s done…. can someone explain to me why this guy is getting a the vikings job and they didn’t even interview Eric Bienemy?

From what I understand O’Connell is an OC that doesn’t call the plays… Whereas Bienemy has been an OC for a long time for the best offense in the league… and despite people trying to spread false stories saying he doesn’t call the plays… he certainly is the play caller for that offense.

how doesn’t he even get a look in?

kurt faulk

Coach
See I don’t get that… with the greatest respect to this dude and what he’s done…. can someone explain to me why this guy is getting a the vikings job and they didn’t even interview Eric Bienemy?

From what I understand O’Connell is an OC that doesn’t call the plays… Whereas Bienemy has been an OC for a long time for the best offense in the league… and despite people trying to spread false stories saying he doesn’t call the plays… he certainly is the play caller for that offense.

mcvay

lefluer

taylor

plus kingsbury, friend of mcvay.

need i say more. the league loves mcvay and his coaches.

i'm not sure why bienemy didn't get interviews. but last year there were rumours he didn't interview well. maybe word got around. still you'd think they would see if he was better and more prepared this year.

dogslife

Coach
mcvay

lefluer

taylor

i'm not sure why bienemy didn't get interviews. but last year there were rumours he didn't interview well. maybe word got around. still you'd think they would see if he was better and more prepared this year.

Dude if anything you've just given a ringing endorsement of the Kyle Shanahan coaching tree

kurt faulk

Coach
Dude if anything you've just given a ringing endorsement of the Kyle Shanahan coaching tree

none of them worked for ratboy. they may have been on the same coaching staff earlier in life but that's about it.

they worked for mcvay. they got their opportunity because they worked for mcvay.

nick87

Coach

Ill say the quiet part loud

The league owners are mostly rich white guys, who arent very comfortable ceding any power to a black man
It's systemic racism
Nothing more. Nothing less. Brian Flores is 100% right.

We all (should) know this. The NFL is an old white boys club and a large number of the ownership are direct relations from racists.

This not news.

dogslife

Coach
none of them worked for ratboy. they may have been on the same coaching staff earlier in life but that's about it.

they worked for mcvay. they got their opportunity because they worked for mcvay.

You're delusional, but ok.

What I meant to say was Sean McVay is Bill Walsh, Vince Lombardi and Bill Belichick rolled into one, he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

shiznit

Coach
mcvay

lefluer

taylor

As opposed to…

John Harbaugh
Sean McDermott
Doug Pederson
Todd Bowles
Ron Rivera

on Andy Reid’s tree??

and all the other coaches Reid is friends with??

kurt faulk

Coach
You're delusional, but ok.

What I meant to say was Sean McVay is Bill Walsh, Vince Lombardi and Bill Belichick rolled into one, he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

the league certainly thinks so. and this superbowl will only ensure more of his assistants are poached from the rams.

i'd call it unprecedented.

jaseg

Juniors
the league certainly thinks so. and this superbowl will only ensure more of his assistants are poached from the rams.

i'd call it unprecedented.

It's not unprecedented, it's just the latest successful branch of probably the most historically successful offensive coaching scheme group. You can follow it all the way back to Paul Brown (it's not even that many links - McVay->Shanahan->Walsh->Brown), if you were so inclined - and the modern ends of the tree hit the majority of OCs and offensive-minded HCs in the league.

Shanahan himself (whose tree McVay is a part of) has a lot of college/NFL HCs who came from his staff.

dogslife

Coach
It's the fact that McVay has been able to make it to two super bowls with such untalented rosters.

Unprecedented.

kurt faulk

Coach
It's not unprecedented, it's just the latest successful branch of probably the most historically successful offensive coaching scheme group. You can follow it all the way back to Paul Brown (it's not even that many links - McVay->Shanahan->Walsh->Brown), if you were so inclined - and the modern ends of the tree hit the majority of OCs and offensive-minded HCs in the league.

Shanahan himself (whose tree McVay is a part of) has a lot of college/NFL HCs who came from his staff.

i was talking about 4 head coaches signed up in 3 years. has any other coach been poached so much in such a short time?