What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HC Sackings

kurt faulk

Coach
It's the fact that McVay has been able to make it to two super bowls with such untalented rosters.

Unprecedented.

it seems you're irritated mcvay's coaching tree has grown so quickly.

i've often lamented why mcvay's staff gets raided so often as he hasn't won anything yet. constant change in coordinators is not easy to overcome.

it could be worse though. the rams coaches might have been dan quinn and arthur smith.

jaseg

Juniors
i was talking about 4 head coaches signed up in 3 years. has any other coach been poached so much in such a short time?

Quite possibly... and from the chain I pointed out.

I'm pretty sure Mike Shanahan lost at least 3 in 2 years just before he left the Broncos (2 of them were to colleges, but they were his staff on the offensive side of the ball going to HC roles), Kubiak being one.

Bill Walsh may have had a similar thing happen twice, probably at least once (can't be f**ked going through the years): Sam Wyche/Dennis Green/Mike White left about the same time, then about a decade later Holmgren/Rhodes left around the same time.. can't remember but it feels like there might be someone else around that time.

Brown's tree (f**king forest, more like) could have produced similar but the only ones I know offhand were either years apart (Noll, Walsh) or left the Browns for HC roles when he got fired. Different time, I guess.

Worth noting though that all those guys had won titles *before* their guys got poached like that. So that's different.

dogslife

Coach
it seems you're irritated mcvay's coaching tree has grown so quickly.

i've often lamented why mcvay's staff gets raided so often as he hasn't won anything yet. constant change in coordinators is not easy to overcome.

it could be worse though. the rams coaches might have been dan quinn and arthur smith.

Dude it's the fact you're claiming all these guys as disciples of McVay that's funny to me. Zac Taylor at least worked with him more than a year. Lafleur worked under Mike and Kyle Shanahan for about 8 years and apparently learned nothing off them. 1 year for McVay and he's suddenly God's gift to coaching. Oh wait, Sean McVay is God's gift to coaching! Kliff Kingsbury never actually worked with or for him, but he's his friend too, so we'll claim him! 😅

kurt faulk

Coach
Dude it's the fact you're claiming all these guys as disciples of McVay that's funny to me. Zac Taylor at least worked with him more than a year. Lafleur worked under Mike and Kyle Shanahan for about 8 years and apparently learned nothing off them. 1 year for McVay and he's suddenly God's gift to coaching. Oh wait, Sean McVay is God's gift to coaching! Kliff Kingsbury never actually worked with or for him, but he's his friend too, so we'll claim him! 😅

that's the way it works. that's how they work out the coaching tree. nobody hired lafluer before he worked for mcvay.

although he did become the oc for the titans for a year before he got the packers hc job. however everybody places him on mcvay's tree.

mcvay and lefluer are both on shanahan's tree. or gruden's tree. it's very confusing.

but once they become a hc their tree begins.

kurt faulk

Coach
If you were half a decade younger your user name would be Bill Brady.

I have no love for Brady except trolling salty fans.

unlikely.

i have no interest in teams that cheat to win. otherwise i'd be a storm fan if winning was all that mattered to me.

kurt faulk

Coach

we already know who will be one of the hc hirings next off season.

his name is Liam Coen, the new oc of the rams.

jaseg

Juniors
Not a head coach sacking, but this seems like the right place

Arians steps down and Todd Bowles takes over.

May well have been a sacking by another name. Rumours that Brady didn't get along with Arians, now he comes back and Arians is out? Who knows.

bluefox68

Staff member
Don’t be surprised if Matt Rhule (Panthers) is the next HC to get sacked.

Demeco Ryans (49ers DC) will be at the top of everyone’s list for next season!

kurt faulk

Coach

colts aiming for the #1 pick again with the hiring of, haha, jeff saturday as their interim hc.

i haven't watched any espn shows for about 5 years. has he become any smarter since those days? because he came across as a buffoon back then.