What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

He we go...again

Quigs

Immortal
The fools didn't accept one of your cheques again did they Feej?

You'd think they'd be a wake up to that by now.

Feej

First Grade
The fools didn't accept one of your cheques again did they Feej?

You'd think they'd be a wake up to that by now.
Made me pay in cash, the bastards. I gave it to them in five and ten cent coins.

Quigs

Immortal
Can't blame them for that. I don't think the dosh has come in from the Developers yet so they would still be counting on and counting every penny coming in.

Feej

First Grade
You should try one of ours. Here's our 2019 exclusive...

5052ff9e4b0487c9cf5f48e81dffbe2f--tin-foil-hat-foil-art.jpg

sharkman73

Juniors
It would be ideal if we could build a COE with a stand as the roof over. Get part of the funding for the COE and just chuck in a bit extra for the seating/box work above.

Or continue the PB stands along sideline with some kind of retail/club space under.

Good in theory but I just can't see who will pay for it?

I highly doubt any state government will continue funding suburban grounds given the current government is wasting $2b on stadiums.

Hope I'm wrong.

Quigs

Immortal
I've struck a rich vein of gold on DH_Gate. I am a lucky bugger. Apparently they are overstocked on these gold ones and are all out having a clearance sale. All stock must go.

cardinalgeorgepell.jpg

coolumsharkie

Referee
Karl McNichol (Filiga)

His wage was a bit of a furphy that has now become folk lore.
He was signed on a 60K a year contract, if he played so many first grade games it went up to 200K.
He only played 10 mins of Firsts, and hence never got the 200K thats so easily spruiked about.
Also he broke the contract and left.
Just thought I'd clarify.

Mathew Wright was on 160k a season before playing a FG game.

Quicksilver

Bench
Good in theory but I just can't see who will pay for it?

I highly doubt any state government will continue funding suburban grounds given the current government is wasting $2b on stadiums.

Hope I'm wrong.

They've already committed to Centres of Excellence. We're just paying to put some seats and a roof on top of ours.

Governments are pretty strict with their policies, until they aren't. And they aren't if a seat/majority is at stake.

sharkman73

Juniors
They've already committed to Centres of Excellence. We're just paying to put some seats and a roof on top of ours.

Governments are pretty strict with their policies, until they aren't. And they aren't if a seat/majority is at stake.

True but there has never been this much spent before followed by this amount of community anger.

Can't see any NRL teams playing from suburban grounds permanently within 15 years.

Quicksilver

Bench
True but there has never been this much spent before followed by this amount of community anger.

Can't see any NRL teams playing from suburban grounds permanently within 15 years.

Oh well. People aren't going to travel that far on a weekly basis.

Game will be screwed one way or the other.

Card Shark

Immortal
f**ked alright.

& we wonder why we are losing money!

Why on earth would they sell out the development interest knowing that.

Smacks of political move & we all know what happens when politicians have $....it disappears 1 way or the other.