What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

He we go...again

Guys, if you read the article taken from the Australian above, it says that the particular story you are poking around on is under a court suppression order. This means that if you name names, both you and League unlimited could be in serious shit.

Just because you post under an alias here and you think you’re being cute speaking in riddles, doesn’t mean you are above the law. I ask you not to name names here because your post will just be deleted anyway and you may even be subject to an LU holiday for your troubles.

You have been warned.

Quigs

Immortal
Hey Rabbitt ( using my Yo Semmidy Sam voice)

I have been very careful not to mention names. The point of the exercise was to say that Phlennough will not be on the front page of the Telecrap for sometime.

There's bigger fish to fry.

Hey Rabbitt ( using my Yo Semmidy Sam voice)

I have been very careful not to mention names. The point of the exercise was to say that Phlennough will not be on the front page of the Telecrap for sometime.

There's bigger fish to fry.

Yes, your post is fine. No worse than what is plastered all over the papers this morning.

The mainstream media has done the Victorian courts no favours this morning, that’s for sure.

Chimp

Bench
Guys, if you read the article taken from the Australian above, it says that the particular story you are poking around on is under a court suppression order. This means that if you name names, both you and League unlimited could be in serious shit.

Just because you post under an alias here and you think you’re being cute speaking in riddles, doesn’t mean you are above the law. I ask you not to name names here because your post will just be deleted anyway and you may even be subject to an LU holiday for your troubles.

You have been warned.

If I'm not an Australian citizen, and not based in Australia, can I post details?

Last edited by a moderator:

Surely

Post Whore
Please stop hinting at the person's identity

Contempt of court charges aren't as funny as the posts

If I'm not an Australian citizen, and not based in Australia, can I post details?

Not here on LU, No.

If you want to talk about it on your own Facebook page or Twitter then feel free to go nuts but if you post details here it will be deleted.

Fwiw the suppression order is not to protect the individual involved, it is to protect a future case involving that individual.

If this thing blows up in the media and also on social media (which it pretty much already has) then this persons legal team could potentially push the angle that the defendant can't be allowed a fair trial and in that instance, the defendant could potentially escape further jail time.

Under a suppression order, it doesn't matter that it is being discussed elsewhere, details are prohibited from being published on an Australian site.

Now if you know who the person is and what has allegedly been done and if you're a normal, rational person then you'll not want to see them skip any potential jail time if found guilty.

If you don't know what's going on, you're really curious and have access to google, it's not terribly hard to find out what this is all about and you can feel free to go and read all about it if you like. That will at least satisfy your curiosity.

Please just don't name names or discuss it here. At the very least, you're just making life hard for mod's who have to delete your post. At worst you risk getting yourself and this site in trouble with the law.