What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headbutting is fair play: judiciary clear Hayne

simostorm

Bench
Laurie Daley had a good point on NRL on Fox tonight... the point about why should players miss Rep games for something they do in a club match.
Unless its severe enough to warrent a more harsh penalty.

maybe they should look at that abit more.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Laurie Daley had a good point on NRL on Fox tonight... the point about why should players miss Rep games for something they do in a club match.
Unless its severe enough to warrent a more harsh penalty.

maybe they should look at that abit more.

I could understand that for a high shot or something. But a striking charge...That SHOULD be seen as a serious offence and should be dealt with appropriately, rep star or not.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
What the f*ck has common sense got to do with anything??

You either have rules, and players are penalised according to those rules or you don't have rules. It's that simple really.

Hayne and Thurston should have been suspended, origin or no origin. End of story.

But instead they are cleared to play based on a CH 9 Ratings grab from all the morons that will tune in next Wednesday night merely to see Jarrod Hayne and Billy Slater trying to rip each others balls off in the next altercation.

Yet they make an example out of Luke Lewis! :roll:

THe League Judiciary can suck my d*$k... I've lost any ounce of respect I ever had for them!

Even as a New South Welshman, I personally hope QLD thrash NSW next Wednesday night!

All because Luke Lewis got unfairly suspended.

Pantherjim.

Referee
All because Luke Lewis got unfairly suspended.

:roll:Oh FFS!

Loyalty to Luke Lewis has nothing to do with it, restoring some sort of credibility to the game (even though it apparently flew the coop years ago) - Is the argument here.

Luke Lewis Missing Origin is actually a good thing for us... means he'll be on deck for us against the Broncos next week.

SDM

First Grade
Taking a bullet for Hayne is the best thing Lewis could have done in SOO II

Pete Cash

Post Whore
It seems the second paragraph of PG's comment is about raiders fans. The idea that if Hayne did get suspended, then Dugan would be fullback, which is no doubt what all raiders fans wanted, and what NSW were planning. With Hayne not being suspended, Dugan is no longer there, and now it seems all raiders fans have some sort of vendetta against Hayne.

lol and what about Parra fans trying to rubbish Josh Dugan. A player who comfortably outplayed Hayne when they met this year.

I don't care one way or the other. I would like to see Josh Dugan represent NSW but I would also like to see Josh Dugan run out for the Raiders this weekend. Parra supporters talking down Dugan is geniused though. Only NSW supporters would talk down perhaps their hottest prospect because he doesn't play for their club.

Parra Guru

Coach
lol and what about Parra fans trying to rubbish Josh Dugan. A player who comfortably outplayed Hayne when they met this year.

I don't care one way or the other. I would like to see Josh Dugan represent NSW but I would also like to see Josh Dugan run out for the Raiders this weekend. Parra supporters talking down Dugan is geniused though. Only NSW supporters would talk down perhaps their hottest prospect because he doesn't play for their club.

Who's talking him down? He'll be there next year, it was just funny to look at the reactions to Hayne and how the conversation turned into stuff like "I don't care it means Dugan can play for Canberra" etc etc.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Only NSW supporters would talk down perhaps their hottest prospect because he doesn't play for their club.

Hottest prospect? Jarryd Hayne's only 22 years old! Just because he's already played 3 Origin series (and won NSW Player of the Series in 2 of them) doesn't mean he's not the Blues player of the future.

Dugan is only 2 years younger than Hayne, and if he debuts next year he'll be 21. Hayne was 19 the first time he won the Brad Fittler Medal.

Dugan's a very good player, but comparing him to Hayne is ridiculous. Dugan hangs back and hits gaps, or supports half-breaks. At Parramatta Hayne is playing first/second receiver and being heavily marked and still leading the team in try- and linebreak-assists, and still leading the NRL in average metres per game.

If you think he's playing poorly it's because you're comparing him to the second half of last year, when he made the entire rest of the NRL look like Under 7's.

Eels Dude

Coach

Who's rubbishing Josh Dugan? Just saying he shouldn't be fullback ahead of Hayne and that's a fair enough comment. Obviously he'll play origin in the future but not yet, I hardly call that rubbishing him.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
The fact that Parra fans are saying that Dugan will be there next year, is a massive wrap on Dugan, especially considering how much we love him and what we know what he can do. We havent seen the best of Dugan yet, so how do we know he can deliver?

Still have Brett Stewart to contend with too, Dugan still has a couple infront of him.

Perth Red

Post Whore
the game continues to be a laughing stock. I wish I could say I'm surprised but I'm not. Good job he wasn't a Kiwi a week before the quad nations of he'd have got 5 weeks!

Latest posts