What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headbutting is fair play: judiciary clear Hayne

Mr Saab

Referee
What's the problem with that scenario saab ?

Not much, I hate Slater just as much as i do Hayne...so if they come together on Weds night then i wont know who to cheer for....i would want them both smacked in the head.

_Johnsy

Referee
Not much, I hate Slater just as much as i do Hayne...so if they come together on Weds night then i wont know who to cheer for....i would want them both smacked in the head.

1/2 time entertainment, could have sold a gazillion tickets.

Slater stomping on his face, and taking cheap shots then watch hayne take a dive when slater is not within 30m of him.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
The message this sends is that its ok to headbutt Billy Slater. I think this is a good thing for our game, the more damage done to Billy the better. Good work NRL.

+1

The biggest travisty is that Slater didn't get charged out of that game.

Good decision. I mean, clearly it's a joke because he did headbutt him so you can't say he was not guilty of headbutting. But who cares. It's the best outcome for the game and therefore the right outcome. A headbutt it was, but not anything that should keep a player out of Origin. This issue of suspending players from rep games for indiscretions in club games comes up every year and I have always thought that there should be a different standard set. Rep footy is for the best players, not the best and fairest players. If they're fit, let the best players play. Which is why the Lewis decision, by contrast, is a terrible one, not least because it was particularly soft and he has a clean record.

Excerpt from Daily Telegraph article:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...lay-in-origin-ii/story-e6frexni-1225877263397

in regards to the untelevised verbal exchange following their scuffle:

When the superstar fullbacks were dragged apart last Friday night, there was an exchange that has yet to be given airtime but says plenty about the hostility between the two, which has been bubbling since last year when Hayne was vying for Slater's green-and-gold No. 1 jumper.
"Are you all right? Are you all right?" Hayne asked Slater with a grin on his face. "I'm sorry."
Slater didn't respond.
"Sorry, mate," Hayne said again, starting to laugh.
Slater's eyes widened with rage. "It's not funny, mate."
You can bet Slater and the rest of Queensland still don't see the funny side of it.

I personally like Billy's "Not funny mate".

If only Jarryd had told him "to go cry in his room".

By the looks of Billy in the tunnel on the way to the bin, its exactly what he was going to do.

+1

The biggest travisty is that Slater didn't get charged out of that game.

Some people amaze me. Everyone is saying Billy got off scott free. If you remember he was sent off. This is why he was not taken to the judiciary as he was sanctioned for the infringment on the field.

The Golden Child didn't get 10 mins or a week yet a person bumps Thurston and gets sanctioned?????????

Someone in the QLD that gets the first tackle on Hayne or hit up on him should hop straight up and headbutt the douche.

mortz

gidley will be 5/8 barrett 18th man

was never going to happen

Which is why Hayne will end up on the Wing and Gidley will end up at Fullback.

was never going to happen

You're a clown skeepe, a total clown.

+1

With Hanyne escaping penalty whats the bet the judiciary makes lewis the sacrificial lamb.

its as predictable as this whole series

I think they got the Lewis and Hayne verdicts mixed up...

+1

El Diablo

Post Whore
Any credibility the NRL had (which is unlikely) is well and truly evaporated now.

The monkeys are indeed running the asylum.

This is the difference between AFL and NRL in Australia's sporting landscape: the former is professional, the latter is a channel to sell newspapers and ratings.

:lol:

can you explain how this guy got off then?

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/forward-grant-cleared-to-play-the-lions-20100608-xtnk.html

i just saw the footage on Sky News

Zoggy

Juniors
honestly now, you can't classify the love tap as a headbutt imo. Correct call in my book

God-King Dean

Immortal
Do people even realize how full of sh*t they are?

If this was just an average club player everyone would be label him a grub for the rest of his career & wouldn't question his suspension for a moment.

Wasn't a headbutt.......... :lol:

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Do people even realize how full of sh*t they are?

If this was just an average club player everyone would be label him a grub for the rest of his career & wouldn't question his suspension for a moment.

Wasn't a headbutt.......... :lol:

Spot on. It was vicious. Don't know how Slater stayed upright.

Mr Saab

Referee
A head butt is a head butt...just like a bite is a bite. Hayne is a koala. Hopefully he becomes a Tasmainian tiger come weds night...extinct

skeepe

Immortal
The defense used by Hayne is the funniest part of this whole incident.

He claimed that he was using his head to push Slater away from him so he could get back into position.

Now, how dumb are the judiciary to buy that? Seriously?

Not only is Hayne a vile thug, he's a bald-faced lying merkin.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The defense used by Hayne is the funniest part of this whole incident.

He claimed that he was using his head to push Slater away from him so he could get back into position.

Now, how dumb are the judiciary to buy that? Seriously?

Not only is Hayne a vile thug, he's a bald-faced lying merkin.

were you there skeepe ?

I'd say more like Hayne said nothing and his legal rep did all the talking

skeepe

Immortal
were you there skeepe ?

I'd say more like Hayne said nothing and his legal rep did all the talking

SMH said:
Bellew: ''Why did you decide to make contact with your head?''
Hayne: ''I felt I had nothing else to do, I wanted to get back to my position.''

Bellew: ''What was the sole intention of you doing what you did?''
Hayne: ''Just to get back to my position.''

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...latest-defensive-manoeuvre-20100608-xtpw.html

Yes, must have been his legal representative. Must have been.

Pillock.

Latest posts