What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headbutting is fair play: judiciary clear Hayne

Ron Jeremy

Coach
suck sh*t Raiders fans, and to boot, Hindmarsh was selected too, suck sh*t Skeepe you dopey inverted nipple.

MacDougall

First Grade
I really don't like how quickly Daley declared that he was certain Hayne would get off. The reaction of the other panelists was even more telling. Everyone except Daley was dumbfounded by the notion that Hayne would get off. Even Hayne thought he was going to get suspended for it.

Sinister.

natheel

Coach
IMO dugan will get there eventually hayne had to wait behind gidley now it's dugans turn to wait behind hayne it's how it goes get over it. U honestly think if hayne did get suspended dugan would have been fullback? Gidley probably would have been with dugan on the wing such is the insanity of the nsw selectors. It took them this long to realize hayne is a fullback and not a winger with these nuffies selecting it won't be any different for dugan

VictoryFC

Bench
He got off because he's Jarryd Hayne, and Origin is on. Just look at his own reaction in post-match interview, pretty much confirmed he was guilty.

m0nty

Juniors
To be fair, I was watching Underbelly 3 the other week and one bloke headbutted another bloke. So clearly he used the Underbelly defence.

I expect Friend, Carney, Wicks and Houston can use the Underbelly defence to get off their drugs charges too.

jarro

Juniors
Disgraceful decision .... HayneTheCat should've gone for at least a couple of weeks... maybe more.

Time to sack the judical panel down there in Disneyland.

johns_reds

First Grade
It's not the first time Hayne has gotten away with this either. Look at this disgraceful, deliberate head butt attack against Folau:

31862_10150186775285526_610235525_12751120_5440387_n.jpg

lol!!!

disgraceful decision, but really, did we expect any better from them?

betcats

Referee
The message this sends is that its ok to headbutt Billy Slater. I think this is a good thing for our game, the more damage done to Billy the better. Good work NRL.

Lowdown

Juniors
Any credibility the NRL had (which is unlikely) is well and truly evaporated now.

The monkeys are indeed running the asylum.

This is the difference between AFL and NRL in Australia's sporting landscape: the former is professional, the latter is a channel to sell newspapers and ratings.

Redback71

First Grade
COME ON IF YOU CALL WHAT HAYNE DID A HEAD BUTT THEN IM A MONKEYS UNCLE.

My kids clash heads harder that that when wrestling, that was a forehead kiss and nothing more.

In my opinion the judicary finally showed some common sence.

On a 2nd note I rekon what slater did latter on was a lot worse, because there was intent and anger on his face when he went to elbow Hayne in the back of the neck. I honestly believe at that point in time Slater was tring to hurt Hayne.

All I can say what an origin match its gonna be when these two meet. :)

BRING IT ON...

_Johnsy

Referee
One thing is certain after reading this post, both hayne and slater are grubs.

However Slater wins by 1/2 the length of the straight.

gUt

Coach
Any credibility the NRL had (which is unlikely) is well and truly evaporated now.

This is the difference between AFL and NRL in Australia's sporting landscape: the former is professional, the latter is a channel to sell newspapers and ratings.

Yet in the same week an NRL player has been dealt with openly for carrying a perscription drug, while AFL players can still inhale the finest Peruvian from off of school girls' butts and remain anonymous.

m0nty

Juniors

Yeah, nah. The AFL actually took their current tribunal system straight from the NRL. Their MRP is just as inconsistent, possibly more so. And they have history in not rubbing out marquee players when they're obviously guilty of biffing someone, e.g. Barry Hall just before the grand final.

They've never used the Underbelly defence though, that's a new one.

Redback71

First Grade
If the charge was "thrown out" as suggested, there can only be two reasons.

Reason 1: What he was charged with did not occur (ie, there was no headbutt). Clearly, there was.
Reason 2: What he was charged with is not a chargeable offence.

Clearly, the NRL judiciary have declared that anybody may now headbutt anybody else with absolute impunity.

Furthermore, if anyone at any time in the future of the NRL is suspended for a headbutt, they can rightfully point to the precedent set when Jarryd Hayne not only initiated the confrontation with his grubbiness, but then deliberately slammed his forehead into the face of the opposition player for daring to stand his ground, and was not suspended.

The judiciary have set a very dangerous precedent, all so the golden child can play.

I really feel for the match review committee. They must wonder why they bother at all.

I think you need to watch footage again, not as bad as you make out. There was nothing in it all they did was touch heads no difference to that famous origin footage between Gordon Tallis & who ever it was (maybe terry hill) not sure.

Mr Saab

Referee
I think you need to watch footage again, not as bad as you make out. There was nothing in it all they did was touch heads no difference to that famous origin footage between Gordon Tallis & who ever it was (maybe terry hill) not sure.

That was completely different. That was in 1999 and all they did was come nose to nose...there was no butt action like Hayne.
Face it, the golden child was let off AGAIN.
If Slater did that to Hayne you would be calling him to be executed by stoning

Latest posts