What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Headbutting is fair play: judiciary clear Hayne

Eels Dude

Coach
Yes, must have been his legal representative. Must have been.

Pillock.

His legal rep would have said to Hayne say "this this and this and i'll guarentee I'll get you off". That's what bloody lawyers do and that's what they're paid to do. It worked didn't it?

Parra Guru

Coach
lol @ Raiders fans having a b*tch. If one of your players had done that to Slater, you'd have given them the keys to the city.

Funny that this thread is about Hayne's headbutt, yet all you can talk about is Dugan and how he'd be a scapegoat etc if NSW lost or how you're happy because he'll play for the Raiders this weekend.... Who are you trying to convince? Sounds like you all counted your chickens before they hatched..... If he was actually picked, you'd all be creaming your pants.

I think what Hayne did deserved suspension, so did Slater's elbow. I'm not complaining though because as a NSW fan I always look forward to watching the two of them go head to head in big games. And finally Hayne has been picked at fullback.

tkr

Juniors
The NRL has lost my respect lately. The stars get different treatment to the rest.
In the North Queensland vs Warriors game, JT led into a tackle on Lance Hohia with his foot intentionally raised and was not even penalised for it (2nd half at just after 24 minutes).
Also in that game Willie Mason has a Warriors player in a grapple around the neck (illegal), the Warriors player leads with a forearm trying to play the ball and the Warriors get penalised near their line which results in a try - what a fn joke. Then we get the same officials in the next 2 games. It's a fn setup by the NRL!!!
It's stuff like players getting off just because it's Origin time that ruins this game for me and I will be taking a wait and see approach before I decide whether to renew my $420 season ticket next season. I could spend the money on my son instead.

Last edited:

Noa

First Grade
Any credibility the NRL had (which is unlikely) is well and truly evaporated now.

The monkeys are indeed running the asylum.

This is the difference between AFL and NRL in Australia's sporting landscape: the former is professional, the latter is a channel to sell newspapers and ratings.

Cmon Lowdown, dont give us that AFL blinkered head-in-the-sand view. A Melbourne player got his jaw smashed from a high shot in pre-season and nothing was done. Only thing is no-one in Sydny gave a f**k to notice it.

lol @ Raiders fans having a b*tch. If one of your players had done that to Slater, you'd have given them the keys to the city.

Funny that this thread is about Hayne's headbutt, yet all you can talk about is Dugan and how he'd be a scapegoat etc if NSW lost or how you're happy because he'll play for the Raiders this weekend.... Who are you trying to convince? Sounds like you all counted your chickens before they hatched..... If he was actually picked, you'd all be creaming your pants.

I think what Hayne did deserved suspension, so did Slater's elbow. I'm not complaining though because as a NSW fan I always look forward to watching the two of them go head to head in big games. And finally Hayne has been picked at fullback.

What has being a raider's fan got to do with any of it??? genius....

dclayw

Juniors
So the weeks leading up to origin are open slather now. Headbutts are in, you can abuse the refs as much as you like, spear tackles and stiff arms should be back soon too, we might even see a few punches thrown at the refs if we're lucky.

Let's get fired up for origin 2, again if we're lucky both Hayne and Slater and maybe one or two of their mates will be carried unconcious from the field, afterall, it's what we all want to see isn't it?

TheEelDeal

Juniors
What has being a raider's fan got to do with any of it??? genius....
It seems the second paragraph of PG's comment is about raiders fans. The idea that if Hayne did get suspended, then Dugan would be fullback, which is no doubt what all raiders fans wanted, and what NSW were planning. With Hayne not being suspended, Dugan is no longer there, and now it seems all raiders fans have some sort of vendetta against Hayne.

m0nty

Juniors
Perhaps the reason Qld fans don't care is that they actually want him to play, so that NSW fans can't use his absence as an excuse for why they will lose Origin 2.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Stop whingeing it was a fair decision.

He did not have intent to injure WHICH IS WHAT YOU NEED TO PROVE.

KyonFacepalm.jpg

dclayw

Juniors
Perhaps the reason Qld fans don't care is that they actually want him to play, so that NSW fans can't use his absence as an excuse for why they will lose Origin 2.
.... and so they can smash the fu#% out of him. He might not be able to walk after the game, if he makes it that far. But afterall, it's what we all want to see, isn't it? I'm sure he's looking forward to it.

Feej

First Grade
Theatre, media build up, bums on seats and ratings. That's what it's all about.

Hayne was never going to be suspended, and the media is going to dine out big time, on the whole "rematch" angle going into next week.

Kenny Powers

Juniors
I think it's time to move on. With commonsense Slater and Hayne were never going to be suspended. We get a cracker of a game II and yet the moaners are still gibbering on.

Pantherjim.

Referee
I think it's time to move on. With commonsense Slater and Hayne were never going to be suspended. We get a cracker of a game II and yet the moaners are still gibbering on.

What the f*ck has common sense got to do with anything??

You either have rules, and players are penalised according to those rules or you don't have rules. It's that simple really.

Hayne and Thurston should have been suspended, origin or no origin. End of story.

But instead they are cleared to play based on a CH 9 Ratings grab from all the morons that will tune in next Wednesday night merely to see Jarrod Hayne and Billy Slater trying to rip each others balls off in the next altercation.

Yet they make an example out of Luke Lewis! :roll:

THe League Judiciary can suck my d*$k... I've lost any ounce of respect I ever had for them!

Even as a New South Welshman, I personally hope QLD thrash NSW next Wednesday night!

Last edited: