What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heimlich Maneuver

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
After last night's effort against the Titans, the question needs to be asked.

Are the Steelers starting to choke?

How long will they wait before employing the heimlich maneuver?

dunno if it was a choke.

they lost. it was a hard game of footy and golden point is a lottery.

however i reckon souths should have won last week.

they havnt been playing as well.

theres teams in better form than st george

Deacon

First Grade
dunno if it was a choke.

Yep haven't impressed in a while now last decent performance was probably v the tigers and that was nearly a month ago, this competition is wide open

smacky

Juniors
geez starting on this stuff a little early arent we. How about waiting till the finals to see what happens.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
dunno if it was a choke.

Absolutely teams in better form. We are struggling. Still a quarter of the regular season to go though & plenty of time.

_Johnsy

Referee
The reality is when you play any of the top 8 teams in such a tight competition you are going to win some and lose some.

Quick everyone join up while there is still time;

Recruiting now

Eelectrica

Referee
Dragons would want to lift there game before going into the finals I think.
They don't want a repeat of last year...

Gaba

First Grade
Dragons would want to lift there game before going into the finals I think.
They don't want a repeat of last year...

There hasnt been many teams capable of scoring more then 2 trys, even though the dragons arent playing to what they are capable of.

And the trys which the dragons let in , have been soft trys in thier defence, they need to fix that problem up

imo other sides also need to find more in attack and defence in the finals to crack the dragons defence, majority of teams defences this year isnt very strong .

Last edited:
you know what I like about this thread?

Its originality,
you just dont get people who cultivate ideas and are able to bring new forms of discussion to forums boards anymore.

So refreshing to get a new point of view that hasnt been done to death by the media/other people

well done.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Every time the Dragons lose a game it's a "choke." No mention of Souths losing about 34 games this year by four points or less

MightyBronco

Juniors
Gasnier is the kiss of death..something about that whole deal has upset a few players i reckon...something about an old useless player gobbling up future monies.

Cracks are starting to show. I hope they have to face Parra week 1 of finals and Broncs week 2.

thorson1987

Coach
images.jpg

Hutty1986

Immortal
Gasnier is the kiss of death..something about that whole deal has upset a few players i reckon...something about an old useless player gobbling up future monies.

Cracks are starting to show. I hope they have to face Parra week 1 of finals and Broncs week 2.

So do I. See you next week.

thommo4pm

Coach
Not sure how last night was a choke, given we lost by a field goal in the 90th minute....against a side who was extremely desperate to turn their poor form around and if they lost they would have fell out of the 8. Choke for sure and certain.

Somebody tell the original poster that our team of chokers beat his team 34-10 a month ago.

Fingerbang

Bench
Always makes me laugh how these idiots can't tell the difference between a choke and a form slump.

Dragons early exit in last years finals was because they were down and out, and in shocking form. Beaten by 2 teams in better form than them. Hardly a choke, but if you think it is what you need to say to have your dig, so be it. Like the sheep you are, you are just going to follow the pack anyway. It is something Dragons are going to have to live with now, regardless of what happens this September. Even if their form does pick up, get through to gf, and win it, the choke insults will be out in force again next year when they lose a game again anyway.

Fein

First Grade
The choke is on, make no mistake my friends.

Gather round and sing the song.

"Oh when the merge, oh when the merge, oh when the merge go choking in....."

:lol::lol:

thommo4pm

Coach
The choke is on, make no mistake my friends.

Gather round and sing the song.

"Oh when the merge, oh when the merge, oh when the merge go choking in....."

:lol::lol:

It sure is, Souths look like missing the 8 again, every year bar 1 for the last 21 seasons....that must hurt.