What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello

lewiscook

Juniors
cheers bris,
i must say i agree with you...
but i do sometimes feel that i can see a comparison between him an joey johns..
timmy has just got to slow it down an no he doesnt got to play 100% fantastic every week...
but thats juts my 2 cents...

cheers

COOK!

Welcome Lewiscook.

I think there are not many that will hold your favouritism for Tim against you.

Enjoy your stay in our little community.

parra pete

Referee
lewiscook said:
jesseel,
my favourite player(an you will all kill me for this i assume) is tim smith,
i find he will be a great leader in yrs to come an with the help of joey will do wonders....
i dont no why but i just see something special in this young half...

how bout everyone else....
who are your favourite players an why??

cheers

COOK!

Heaven help us!
It would be like putting Dracula in charge of the blood bank if Tim was given a leadership role. He can't control himself, let alone others.

lewiscook

Juniors
parra pete,

his leadership skills very much reflect our success during this season...
the half-back an the 5/8 are always shouting out orders, especially for the forwards..
i find it hard to say he wont be a good leader as i fuind he is able to steer the parra team around the park wit no problem.
he just needs to relax more an be less erratic...

pete who would you wont at the number 7?
hodkinson?
keating?

Captain BF

Juniors
Parra pete and his opinion of Tim Smith is the same as jtb is to Eric Grothe Jnr. Any mention of either player and out comes the knives. Very boring, bordering on pathetic.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I think we need a thread that states the topics not to mention and the opinions of certain posters on these subjects:

jtb - hates Eric Grothe
Parra pete - hates Tim Smith
Jake the Snake - Loves every Parra junior
PJ Marshall - loves PJ Marshall :D

lewiscook

Juniors
yeh i agree with jake the snake i love every parra junior to....
i hate seeing them leave :(
even if there not good.....
i was shattered when i heard the bulldogs are closing in on inu!

COOK!

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
My Favourite player's are probably Tim Smith and Ben Smith.

I agree with you that i think Tim is our future, even though =he's on a bit of a wayward path at the moment. As Sterlo said: "You've got to have faith in the halves and their abilities to get the job done"

I haved loved Ben since Premier League, but i still remember when he smashed the Dragons with 3 tries that night. Best ever. He's big on defence as well, which i love.

This could be a new off season thread i think! Hang on...

parra pete

Referee
Natalie's Daddy said:
I think we need a thread that states the topics not to mention and the opinions of certain posters on these subjects:

jtb - hates Eric Grothe
Parra pete - hates Tim Smith
Jake the Snake - Loves every Parra junior
PJ Marshall - loves PJ Marshall :D

I don't HATE anybody. When you HATE someone you give that person control over you.
I think Smith is the No 1 half back in the Club at the moment.
I just don't think he is as good as everyone on here thinks he is. My opinion
His consistency definitely lets him down. Though I will say, he was better last year than he was in 2006. He did some freakish things.
I was commenting on his leadership. In my opinion---he couldn't lead a horse to water unless he has had a drastic overhaul of his attitude, and reins in the obviously huge 'off field' image he has of himself.
It seems he is too easily led, and until he wakes up to himself, and takes control of himself, his future in the NRL, in my opinion, is limited.
'Many are called, few are chosen'

The Engineers Room

First Grade
parra pete said:
I don't HATE anybody. When you HATE someone you give that person control over you.
His consistency definitely lets him down. Though I will say, he was better last year than he was in 2006. He did some freakish things.
I was commenting on his leadership. In my opinion---he couldn't lead a horse to water unless he has had a drastic overhaul of his attitude, and reins in the obviously huge 'off field' image he has of himself.
It seems he is too easily led, and until he wakes up to himself, and takes control of himself, his future in the NRL, in my opinion, is limited.

OK Correction:
Parra pete - Doesn't believe that Tim Smith has leadership ability.

But that doesn't sound as good. Can't you just hate him for the purpose of abbreviation.

parra pete said:

It Seems? So from the media reports you will tell me that Shapelle Corby didn't smuggle drugs.

May I ask pete, have you met Tim Smith, have you seen how Tim Smith acts when he has a few beers, have you seen how he acts with his mates in a social setting.

Not supposition and media reports have you seen it. Until then your Opinion is just a guess, and no level or Cliché will change that.

parra pete

Referee
No Mark. and I'm glad I haven't..He doesn't sound like my type of bloke.
But.....he must be the most misunderstood bloke in the Club.... Sorry.
He really is an angel..Can really handle his grog, and knows how to behave when he is on it. Apologises to the Club and its supporters because it makes him feel good.

Let me root, root, root for the home team,
If they don't win it's a shame.
For it's one, two, three strikes, you're out,
At the old ball game
."

Pleease, give me a break!
A leader, more like a judas goat.

parra pete said:
No Mark. and I'm glad I haven't..He doesn't sound like my type of bloke.
But.....he must be the most misunderstood bloke in the Club.... Sorry.
He really is an angel..Can really handle his grog, and knows how to behave when he is on it. Apologises to the Club and its supporters because it makes him feel good.

Let me root, root, root for the home team,
If they don't win it's a shame.
For it's one, two, three strikes, you're out,
At the old ball game."

Pleease, give me a break!
A leader, more like a judas goat.

I didn't say he was a Saint, I as just asking some simple questions to ascertain where you got your Opinion of him from. Clearly it is from afar, and that is fine, but again what is it they say, that old Cliché, before you judge a man, work a mile in his shoes.

fish eel

Immortal
Belly in Brisvegas said:
Why the hell am I first???

Welcome champ.

Take whatever I say as gospel.

Hey Belly you'll note Suity left himself and Marshal off that list.

That's obviously the 'avoid these guys because they're smarter than the rest of us' list.

Tell me Lewis, are you of voting age and of so did you back the winner?

fish eel said:
Hey Belly you'll note Suity left himself and Marshal off that list.

That's obviously the 'avoid these guys because they're smarter than the rest of us' list.

Tell me Lewis, are you of voting age and of so did you back the winner?

Now that Mark Arbib is in the Senate, are you bucking for a Job?

lewiscook

Juniors
hey belly,
no im not of voting age im 16.....
but yes i was following rudd! kevin 07! :)
im just a footy finatic who loves parra an is a hopeful to oneday play half back for parra if i can switch to the parra juniors from the south juniors....

cheers

COOK!

parra pete

Referee
MarkInTheStands said:
I didn't say he was a Saint, I as just asking some simple questions to ascertain where you got your Opinion of him from. Clearly it is from afar, and that is fine, but again what is it they say, that old Cliché, before you judge a man, work a mile in his shoes.

Walk a Mile in Charles Brincat shoes while you are at it....
If it was you who was the 'abusee' Mark, how would you feel about Tim Smith?
Anyway I am no saint..like Tim, I've been there done that. I would hope someone pulls him into line BEFORE he goes to far...as I said
Many are called, few are chosen". If he doesn't waqnt to respect his position, move over, there are penty willing to take his place.

Latest posts