What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Henjack sacked

hellteam

First Grade
Bennett is not gonna come back to Broncos (as head coach anyway). I really, really can't ever see it happening. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing either..

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Yes we can return to what we had with or without Bennett. tbh I'm a little bit excited to see what Griffin has to offer.

AuDragon

Juniors
Yeah, so am I. But I do see Benny coming back to the club, if anything to guide and support Griffin, or possibly Locky at a later stage if they so wish...

The more I think about it, the more I support the decision!

Clintos

Live Update Team
Griffin has served a long apprenticeship, and has plenty of coaching experience. It's not as if the Broncos walked out onto the streets and advertised the position.

I am actually quite excited to see how he goes. He did very well as the U20's coach, and a few of the current squad were under his tutelage. Will be a good thing IMO.

Bring on 2011! I'm excited!

Country Bronco

Juniors
A mate joked yesterday at footy training that I should be on suicide watch after Henjak's sacking. I'm going to be just fine but what I'm alluding to is the fact that a lot of people are writing us off this season after the decision. I to believe it is going to be a difficult time as there is going to be too much innuendo but win or lose, I'll still support the team and their coach.

Broncs4ever

Juniors
I was looking forward to Bruno going and a new broom sweeping clean - and what a magic broom it is. I'm now so looking forward to 2011 and no matter what my bum will be on a seat at Lang Park. I for one am hopefull that "Our" Benny returns for 2012. Are the Broncos headed in the right direction? Yes yes yes yesssss.

DR.ZOIDBERG

Juniors
I dont know about the rest of you but ever since Ivan took over from all mighty Wayne the club has gone down hill. In 2009 we did ok at the back of the season and almost got into the GF but I think that they were still riding the wave that wayne left. 2010 was a S**T year, first time in many many moons to miss out on the semis, I almost cried!!! Ivan has taken the once Glamor club of the NRL and almost killed it.

Now with a fresh 2011 year ahead, a standin coash till might Wayne comes back in 2012 (Hope so!!) I think we might do well. Just look at Parramatter when Jason Taylor took over for half a year before leaving, they did ok.

I am just happy the Broncos have noticed that Ivan was not the answer and didnt wait to the club died.

AuDragon

Juniors
This is bad for the club in a sense that it shows very poor leadership from the previous CEO, while that review is very damning for Henjak.

Yet, they still value Henjak for his aptitude and technical knowledge, which is code for "You're good technically, but couldn't lead men if your life depended on it".

Neither is interested in publicising the details, and the 3 months pay may be a bridge until Henjak decides whether or not he takes up the offer to remain at the club in a different position, where he won't have people under him...

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
What about the possibility of Benny coming pack as a coaching director ala Gus with the Roosters a few years ago.

Griffin/Lockyer - Coach
Benny - Coaching Director

I don't mind the sound of that.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
I was looking forward to Bruno going and a new broom sweeping clean - and what a magic broom it is. I'm now so looking forward to 2011 and no matter what my bum will be on a seat at Lang Park. I for one am hopefull that "Our" Benny returns for 2012. Are the Broncos headed in the right direction? Yes yes yes yesssss.

Huh? Bruno's on the board

Latest posts