What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Henry to leave Raiders at end of 2008

Ianc

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
If that was the case Ianc, why were the raiders trying to extend his deal?
he has job security, canberra had openly state he was their long term man, they wanted him at the club for a long time...

I understand that but John McIntrye was talking on ABC radio & that was the impression I got. He was talking up Furner big time. Maybe they offered NH only a small amount!?
Its just speculation on my behalf. I'm just very happy to have him (maybe) coming to us.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I don't think it's healthy to have Henry there now that he's leaving. I'd prefer he hand the reigns over to Furner now.

Winston Smith

Juniors
Cheesie-the-Pirate said:
Presumably because when he signed the contract he planned to stay at the club for three years at least. Things change.

Alternatively he might have only wanted a 2 year contract, but signed a 3 year one because that's all that the club was prepared to offer. Consequently at the 2 year stage he might have requested a release and received it.

There are many different possibilities.

Exactly. We sign contracts with clients at work and most of the time they are being renegotiated the day after signing. Its often said the contract is just the starting point for future negotiations.

Chachi

Bench
I guess if his ambition is to coach a bunch of gutless whinging spineless turds then it was too good an opportunity for him to miss.

It will be interesting to watch him crash and burn Matt Elliott style.

Shorty

Staff member
Chachi said:
I guess if his ambition is to coach a bunch of gutless whinging spineless turds then it was too good an opportunity for him to miss.

The Cowboys players had nothing to do with Henry making his decision.
Henry made it himself,he was the one that turned around and lied to you so you can keep your f**king dopey comments to yourself.

Thought it wouldn't be long.

Ianc

Juniors
Chachi said:

Bitter much!! :cry:

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Of coarse we are bitter. Our coach just f*cked off after one year and after numerous quotes saying he would stay on and at least honour his contract.
Shows the quality of the man and if I were a Cowboys fan I'd be worried.

Ianc said:

I think as a whole raider's fans have got every right to be bitter about the situation given the way he has conducted himself since these rumours first surfaced, continually denying them publicly. saying he was committed, blah f**king blah

Look out for the "NEIL WHO?" sign to make an appearance at this weekends game against the titans

Shorty said:
Henry made it himself,he was the one that turned around and lied to you so you can keep your f**king dopey comments to yourself.

Why should we keep our comments to ourselves? This is a forum after all, if you dont like it, dont read it, common sense

Shorty

Staff member
VictorTheViking said:
Why should we keep our comments to ourselves? This is a forum after all, if you dont like it, dont read it, common sense
I think it's a little rude to attack the Cowboys when Henry did it by himself and it was his own choice.

We are a struggle club at the moment too and the management made him an offer - But it was Henry that made that decision.
It wasn't the player's fault.

It shows you want to blame anyone and everyone...

nqboy

First Grade
Raider Azz said:
whilst it would be nice, i think the lure of sydney is too enticing for bennett.
Dunno about that. The quiet country life might appeal to him, though cynics will be quick to argue he won't go there because he won't have a strong roster to work with.

The flip side to that is that they may attract good players because he's there.

Ryan

Juniors
This is just plain wrong ! How can a coach that a club has put their faith in turn his back on the system that has fed his family for the past 12 months?

Absolutely weak.

I wonder how the fans in Nth QLD would feel if after 12 months, he turned around, and did the same thing again to them?

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Shorty said:
I think it's a little rude to attack the Cowboys when Henry did it by himself and it was his own choice.

We are a struggle club at the moment too and the management made him an offer - But it was Henry that made that decision.
It wasn't the player's fault.

It shows you want to blame anyone and everyone...

Rude to attack the cowboys??? :lol:
Your club chased a contracted coach and didn't give up until they reached an offer he couldn't refuse.
Your club was more ethical under News management.

Shorty

Staff member
Chief_Chujo said:
Rude to attack the cowboys??? :lol:
Your club chased a contracted coach and didn't give up until they reached an offer he couldn't refuse.
Your club was more ethical under News management.
The fans didn't do anything,either did the players - In which has been attacked.
Yeah,no doubt the management did it...obviously they've acquired a taste of f**king up clubs.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Shorty said:
The fans didn't do anything,either did the players - In which has been attacked.
Yeah,no doubt the management did it...obviously they've acquired a taste of f**king up clubs.

Fair enough. No grudge with fans or players but I hate the Cows management with a passion now.

Chachi

Bench
Ianc said:
I'm a bit over being bitter mate, but if you think your 0/3 start with the roster you have and all the dramas about whinging players in the pre-season doesn't justify my statement then be my guest.

Ironically I'd say the same thing about many of the Penrith players being gutless whinging spineless turds too right now.

Henry signed a 3 year contract and what he did was a dog act after the opportunities my club gave him. Not too many fans around here would shed a tear if he ends up the way Elliott has.

Chachi

Bench
Shorty said:

Rack off mate. I implied your key players are a bunch of gutless whinging spineless turds for their pathetic start to the season and the way they've undermined your current coach.

That has nothing to do with the fact Henry lied to our fans and his team.

Good luck for the rest of the season - you may need it.

Latest posts