What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Henry to leave Raiders at end of 2008

Shorty

Staff member
Spike said:
Good decision by Henry. Staying at the Raiders would have killed his coaching career.
That's going to throw fuel to the fire:lol:

To be fair Raider,young players should stay loyal to their clubs especially young players who have had drink driving problems who could have been treated a lot worse.

Raider_69

Post Whore
t-ba said:
The players stayed for him?

Do any 5/8's at the club have a get out clause if he leaves by any chance?

no, carney was going to but confirmed in the media yesterday there was no such clause

Canberra should pay him out and tell him to back his bags.
BTW i wont bother biting, terrible bait spike and RABK

Spike

First Grade
Who's fishing? I just hate the Raiders and make no secret of it. The game would be a better off without them.

Paullyboy

Coach
We should have kept the piece of sh*t on contract just to spite him. What a useless joke of a human being - I cant believe how quickly someone can throw any respect away.

As I said earlier I'd actually rather Furner as our coach as at least he has some pride in what he is doing.

As for the person who said it would have killed his career to stay in Canberra - be aware that he has done nothing more than just ride a young team out of the duldrums. There is no possible way he could have looked bad as we were tipped for the spoon every year he was here anyway. He didnt help bring one player to the club and we are still as ineffective away from home.

Time to start painting a sign for the Titans/Raiders game this weekend.

Shorty

Staff member
No Spike,because it's the NRL.
I really do feel for Raiders,but as a Cowboys fan I'm sure you can see how relieving it is to actually know who our coach will be next year.

It's a bit of a lose/lose situation for both sets of fans - If the Cowboys management weren't actually bone heads and had already secured Henry it means Henry has been lying for quite some time.

If they hadn't,it means the Cowboys could have been potentially f**ked had Henry not agreed.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i certainly dont blame cowboys fans for being pleased, its a good signing for them
i blame one person only, thats neil henry...

Grail

Juniors
Man you raiders fans are a bunch of low life scum. Seriously. Who can seriously say they wouldn't do the same in Henry's position? More dollars and job security, every man jack and their dog would jump at it.

If another company came along and offered me a bigger salary and longer contract (when I was still contracting), I'd have gone for it in a heart beat.

Coaches don't need to show loyalty to clubs because when was the last time that a club showed loyalty to a coach? If the team isn't performing, they don't sack the players - they sack the coach, so coaches have to take the going whilst the going's good.

Good on Henry. You guys don't deserve him with your selfish crap. I hope you do get Elliot back.

Raider Azz

Bench
Spike said:
Who's fishing? I just hate the Raiders and make no secret of it. The game would be a better off without them.
if you live in glass houses you shouldnt throw stones, you bankrupt

Paullyboy

Coach
Who does Spike even go for? He/She is probably one of those people who turn up to a game wearing clothes for both teams so that they can feel like a winner at fulltime. Heck, they need to feel like a winner at some point in their life I guess.

mxlegend99

Referee
They might not have sacked a coach, but they weren't willing to pay as much as NQLD and they would only offer him a short contract extension.

He took the better job. Who wouldn't?

Raider Azz

Bench
Whilst I am disappointed that Henry is chosen to leave I don't hold it against him nor am I worried about a replacement. I have faith that the club will find someone especially considering there are plenty of decent coaches off contract at the moment.

Paullyboy

Coach
mxlegend99 said:
They might not have sacked a coach, but they weren't willing to pay as much as NQLD and they would only offer him a short contract extension.

He took the better job. Who wouldn't?

Why should Canberra offer him more? He was on contract untill the end of next year, it would be just throwing money away to give him more money for the sake of it mid-contract.

I've got no problem with him taking the better job if he is off-contract, but he wasn't.

philstorm

Juniors
What a tosser. Bad luck, Raiders. Really feel for you guys. Here's hoping you guys will find an even better coach and can stick it up to Henry the next time you play against the Cowboys.

yobbo84

Coach
It would seem quite poetic for Wayne Bennett to finish off his first grade coaching career where it started... any chance?

Raider Azz

Bench
yobbo84 said:
It would seem quite poetic for Wayne Bennett to finish off his first grade coaching career where it started... any chance?
whilst it would be nice, i think the lure of sydney is too enticing for bennett.

t-ba

Post Whore
yobbo84 said:

Past Brothers aren't around anymore.