What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here We Go Again - NRL Star In Awful Allegation

Cryptic

Juniors
Yes... And if Joel went to court he would be found not guilty as well... Oh wait the dog isn't pressing charges (same situtation at the Greg Bird incident) and oh wait... What he did isn't illegal (just gross and stupid).

aussies1st

Staff member
I've soften my stance, I do like the way he has handle the aftermath of it, it is a shame it came down to this but this was the only result.

bileduct

Coach
Yes... And if Joel went to court he would be found not guilty as well... Oh wait the dog isn't pressing charges (same situtation at the Greg Bird incident) and oh wait... What he did isn't illegal (just gross and stupid).
You're geniused.

Titanic

First Grade
:crazy:

I'll make an equally rediculous statement:
the gold coast signed greg bird therefore the club condones the glassing of women

Thanks for reminding me ... he got off. I wouldn't like to compare the two crimes of drunkenness - both are reprehensible, however, I don't see any proof that the Titans players were involved in Bird's antics or distributing pictures of their team mate.

hellteam

First Grade
I don't think this is a big deal at all.

Clearly a joke. I'm sure the dog doesn't give a f*ck. So annoying hearing the RSPCA blah blah cruelty to animals...

overandout

Juniors
I don't think this is a big deal at all.

Clearly a joke. I'm sure the dog doesn't give a f*ck. So annoying hearing the RSPCA blah blah cruelty to animals...

No apparently that breed are very skillful at sucking balls,he would of took it in his stride lol:crazy::lol:

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
Well its official he's quit but Don said he would be welcome back in the future to the team/city of Canberra...Hope he comes back, good guy. He looks absolutely devastated. :(

sretsoor

Juniors
I feel sorry for him. No one considered that he has been a clean skin up until now. all he did was a drunken prank, albeit in poor tast, did not break any law or harm anyone other than his own reputation and the media once again have a moral crusade and it's blown way out of proportion. Good luck to him.

Cryptic

Juniors
Finally got a chance to watch the video, I really feel for him... Again no one was physically hurt, nothing illegal happened, and he is honestly sorry for it... What would we pay for 10% of the criminals and f**kwits of the world to get up there and say something that was obviously so heart felt...

It also shows how close the players are now, most of our players are home grown tallent and wearing the jersey means more to them than it does to most of the hardcore fans... Sad to see him go... No matter what people thought of his current form it's clear he still gave his all for the club...

Yeah, I was really saddened watching it. But still, I'm proud of the way the club & Monaghan himself handled it.

Everyone does stupid sh*t. You're just not expecting it to be photgraphed and published right around the world

d-a-z-z-a

Juniors
The situation really sucks. you've got the fans of the club willing to give the guy a second chance, the club would like to give him a second chance.. then you've got the stupid public not knowing/understanding the full story and the media miscontruing the whole thing to sound worse than it is, the sponsors only caring about themselves and what the stupid public think about it and then the NRL only caring about having a clean skin. in the end the club must lose out on another home grown talent because of these external factors.

real sad to lose a guy like monas...and great to see all the real canberra raider fans right behind him still. Hopefully 2012 we can get him back.

Side note: after week one of the finals 2010 raiders smashed Penrith in Penrith...how good were things looking for 2010 finals series and 2011???? look at us now..we lost to the tigers at home in front of a huge crowd, we've lost campo for 9 months and now the club has had monas leave over that rubbish.. such a swing when finally things seemed to be finally in order and on the way up.. i guess we're resigned now to another medicore 2011?? or are we??

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
The situation really sucks. you've got the fans of the club willing to give the guy a second chance, the club would like to give him a second chance.. then you've got the stupid public not knowing/understanding the full story and the media miscontruing the whole thing to sound worse than it is, the sponsors only caring about themselves and what the stupid public think about it and then the NRL only caring about having a clean skin. in the end the club must lose out on another home grown talent because of these external factors.

real sad to lose a guy like monas...and great to see all the real canberra raider fans right behind him still. Hopefully 2012 we can get him back.

Side note: after week one of the finals 2010 raiders smashed Penrith in Penrith...how good were things looking for 2010 finals series and 2011???? look at us now..we lost to the tigers at home in front of a huge crowd, we've lost campo for 9 months and now the club has had monas leave over that rubbish.. such a swing when finally things seemed to be finally in order and on the way up.. i guess we're resigned now to another medicore 2011?? or are we??

Great post dude, but I still got a good feeling about next year... We just gotta stay within striking distance till campo returns and hope he somehow fires upon return...
Really proud of the way the club handled this...Also not many people give him a rap but Don Furner is a well spoken representative of our great club!

shane87

Juniors
Just caught the vid myself, was hard to watch for sure. But holy hell! what made him think doing that was funny. The whole thing just went viral all over the world!

The question remains, what S.0.B thought it was a good idea to go cyber with it. I guess we'll never know, prolly half the damn team would be sacked if it came out. :(

I hope whoever sent it online feels good about themselves...not that that makes it ok what he did, but sheeshe with mates like that ya sure don't need enemies.