What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here We Go Again - NRL Star In Awful Allegation

hellteam

First Grade
I'm annoyed he is leaving Canberra and the NRL. It pales in comparison to some of the things people have done and stayed in the league.

d-a-z-z-a

Juniors
Great post dude, but I still got a good feeling about next year... We just gotta stay within striking distance till campo returns and hope he somehow fires upon return...
Really proud of the way the club handled this...Also not many people give him a rap but Don Furner is a well spoken representative of our great club!

thanks mate.. we arent destroyed for next year, blake ferguson is awsome and brett white isnt to shabby.. so will be interesting.. just hope we have enough points from our halves.

It is clear to see though how the situation got blown out of hand "Canberra Raiders player in sex act with dog" not the headline id like my sponsorship associated with. I guess in the end it needed to end up this way. Bring on 2011 !!

Green Machine

First Grade
What Joel did was very silly. I’m more disappointed with the player who released the photo into the public domain. At the weekend Todd Carney and Greg Bird got selected on represent Australia in their first season back after off field indiscretions.
Really, the NRL has a rule for one and rule for another. The NRL are more concerned with appeasing the tabloid media and the 24 hour news cycle. Everyone will now feel happy in a week. In a week, they will forget Monnas and move on to their next target, weather it be the banks, a politician, Law & Order or whatever the papers or the shockjocks want to sell. On Sunday, The Telegraph set their target on Jake Friend. You can bet London to a brick that the Roosters will not impose any playing ban on Friend and the NRL will do nothing.
I hope the Raiders bring Joel back and he has my full support. I think he deserves a second chance,

shear_joy9

Coach
What Joel did was very silly. I’m more disappointed with the player who released the photo into the public domain.

it's not known if it was a player that released it. It wasn't just raiders players at the house.

Really, the NRL has a rule for one and rule for another. The NRL are more concerned with appeasing the tabloid media and the 24 hour news cycle.

The nrl had nothing to do with this decision. Yes, had monaghan and canberra decided not to act the nrl would most likely have stepped in, but I highly doubt they would have punished him with anything more than a fine or minor suspension.

I hope the Raiders bring Joel back and he has my full support.

In some sort of coaching/ambassador role possibly, but not a chance as a player. All he offers is a jump and catch and he barely did that last season. Milne and Low are far better options.

I think he deserves a second chance

he was on his second chance after the judas act of moving to the roosters.

Green Machine

First Grade
[/FONT]

it's not known if it was a player that released it. It wasn't just raiders players at the house.

True, but at a party for team members and friends of team members its more of a chance that someone in the team or close to the team sent the photo out. We all know what happens when something is emailed or text messaged around. I got the photo sent to my phone by different 5 people

The nrl had nothing to do with this decision. Yes, had monaghan and canberra decided not to act the nrl would most likely have stepped in, but I highly doubt they would have punished him with anything more than a fine or minor suspension.

I think you are living in on another planet if you don’t think David Gallop’s statement that they "will be monitoring the Raiders action before we give our response" as not a direct threat to take a hard line action with deregistration.
In some sort of coaching/ambassador role possibly, but not a chance as a player. All he offers is a jump and catch and he barely did that last season. Milne and Low are far better options.

I’d like to see him back in 2012 as a player. I think a lot more to offer than those you mentioned
he was on his second chance after the judas act of moving to the roosters.

2/10 for comedy

Last edited:

Zadar

Juniors
You could see Campo was upset , then Don looked to be struggling.

That was very hard to watch.
because it was his dog and he told people not to muck around with it, also the person who released the photo was apparently getting back at mona cos he "cut his grass"

Cryptic

Juniors
Got to love people with their troll accounts... Too chicken sh*t to say it with their real ones...

Latest posts