What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here we go again? Salary cap issues?

King Ben

Juniors
At least we got good value for money out of the green screen the club purchased with all those cheap-looking online shows (with all respect to the Sharkcast) this year.

Generalzod

Immortal
Just in the media tech side of things.

My company is going through the process of getting our whole program re-done

It’s a massive industry specific program we designed and built.
We are looking at it getting put in the cloud blah blah

Anyway it is WAY cheaper getting it all done in India and a better result.
Better support .

It’s shit to our source but the Aussie joints will send us to the wall.
My job was outsourced to India, I mean why wouldn't they had to pay shift allowance, holiday pay, Superannuation, the company that I worked for outsource it's whole operations and help desk group to India and got the Indians to do it with out paying him or her that much, The writing was on the wall when the company started to bring in staff from India under the bullshit 457 visa scheme, I mean it was really spot the Aussie. As for better results PHEW!!! half the time they couldn't get their projects submitted on time or implemented on the mainframe.

RandyAndy

Juniors
if the sharks are going broke and just went through heaps of redundancies how come they are advertising for a new accountant and coaching staff for the juniors? wouldnt that be illegal in the eyes of fairwork

shaggs

Coach
if the sharks are going broke and just went through heaps of redundancies how come they are advertising for a new accountant and coaching staff for the juniors? wouldnt that be illegal in the eyes of fairwork
No because the jobs that were made redundant weren’t accountant or junior coach

RandyAndy

Juniors
seems odd that they fire people saying they cant afford staff then got a message from a junior league manager telling me about the junior sharks coaching. someone else also mentioned jobs for the boys and checking the site see that brett kimmorley is a business development exe now if that aint jobs for the boys i dont know what else is as the other staff names dont seem to be explayers

seems odd that they fire people saying they cant afford staff then got a message from a junior league manager telling me about the junior sharks coaching. someone else also mentioned jobs for the boys and checking the site see that brett kimmorley is a business development exe now if that aint jobs for the boys i dont know what else is as the other staff names dont seem to be explayers
Here’s a tip, don’t go for the job then

shaggs

Coach
The junior coaches don’t get paid.

BxTom

Bench
From the other forum. Some of you f**kers really need to calm down.

---------------

2) the talk today of fifita and dugan costing us a 5 yeear sponsor because of the podcast is bul****. it is buzz not letting go of his agenda. cronulla were under the impression opal solar would take up the clause due to the exposure we gave them. unfortunately, due to similar circumstances, they have to cost cut as well.

peace out

Can't comment on the rest, but blaming Buzz (though I agree he's a pr@#k) is a little bit lame. He gives it to Gus/Panthers whenever he can too. We still have sponsors.

Best of luck though...

carcharias

Immortal

Doubt it
My mate works for the taxation dept
Got made redundant
It’s apparently a thing they do every certain amount of years
Then they advertised his job
He was the most qualified and got his job back.

Ha

txta2

First Grade
They were made redundant, so its not illegal. Being asked to resign is illegal. The Sharks would argue a restructure so its not illegal.
So if some mofo says resign, sign here, sign it... then take them to court.

They were made redundant, so its not illegal. Being asked to resign is illegal. The Sharks would argue a restructure so its not illegal.
So if some mofo says resign, sign here, sign it... then take them to court.
Besides if the position was not “accountant” made redundant, it has no bearing what so ever. If any of those made redundant were qualified they could have applied for the other role

taipan

Referee
Redundancies have happened recently with the Sydney Snoring Herald and the latest the Australian journos.If a company is downsizing or a position becomes unneeded,its OK.
Banks.telecommunication companies do it year after year.
As long as the legalities of redundancy payments,O/S holiday leave and LSL are attended to ,it's all above board.

What has stuffed the club up in the past is payouts to coaches who were meh, and sacking the Bubbler Boy without due process.Ricky,Anderson say hi.

BTW went to Sha Kee Chinese restaurant tonight to celebrate Shorn's (sic)signing, with the family, it's good quality food.Met the boss ,provides excellent service.
Wife reckons it's the best fried rice ,apart from her own, she has eaten.Non greasy .

RandyAndy

Juniors
something has been running through my mind since my mate pointed out the pizza shop today who gave the club money and jogged my mind tht didnt the directors loan the club money a few years ago.too?

wonder if there was a clause that the loans would be repaid by a certain time and from some articles the pizza guy gave the sharks $3million and keogh and aierys is around 6 million - wonder what interest they are charging on the loans surely it would be more than 10% interest and even if the sharks get some sponsors on board wouldnt they just be shuffling the money from the right hand directly to the left (directors) and the sharks would still be losing

would the loan repayment dates/terms be written in the yearly reports?

Redundancies have happened recently with the Sydney Snoring Herald and the latest the Australian journos.If a company is downsizing or a position becomes unneeded,its OK.
Banks.telecommunication companies do it year after year.
As long as the legalities of redundancy payments,O/S holiday leave and LSL are attended to ,it's all above board.

What has stuffed the club up in the past is payouts to coaches who were meh, and sacking the Bubbler Boy without due process.Ricky,Anderson say hi.

BTW went to Sha Kee Chinese restaurant tonight to celebrate Shorn's (sic)signing, with the family, it's good quality food.Met the boss ,provides excellent service.
Wife reckons it's the best fried rice ,apart from her own, she has eaten.Non greasy .

Well that’s great news Taipan.

If the restaurant was shyte it would’ve been another reason for people to not go to the league’s Club.

shaggs

Coach
Well that’s great news Taipan.

If the restaurant was shyte it would’ve been another reason for people to not go to the league’s Club.
Now perhaps they can do some advertising. I wouldn’t have known it was new except for here.
Plus some people need to know that it’s actually alright and not the shit that king was used to dish up.