What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here we go..... BS penalties

Perth Red

Post Whore
Pretty much got through last nights game without the refs faking it up. 5 mins gone and we've seen a BS running into the kicker (clearly limbo skills are now expected to get under a kickers leg) and now apparently putting your hand on a players head is a reportable offence!

Evenflow

Bench
It's no coincidence that when Shayne with y Hayne is officiating the bullshit starts. He's a shocking ref in every sense of the word.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Should accidental head contact by the attacker on the defender be penalised? We see BS penalties for totally accidental head contact the other way so should it be a two way street?

Sir Biffo

Bench
Should accidental head contact by the attacker on the defender be penalised? We see BS penalties for totally accidental head contact the other way so should it be a two way street?

Exactly what I thought. If Wharea-Hargreaves was making a tackle and did that, he's be off. No doubt about it, contact with the elbow/forearm to the head would be a send off and probably 3-4 weeks, even if accidental. I think at least even a "report" and penalty, even if its just a square up for the Knights losing Buderus for the night, seems a little unfair they have not only to lose a player, but also spend an interchange subbing him off when the bloke got taken out by a bloody elbow!

TheDalek079

Bench
yo Perth Red. Ima real happy for you and Ima let you finish, but Skeepe is the greatest ref whinger of all time. OF ALL TIME

Vic Mackey

Referee
'putting your hand on a players head'

Get off it

There's a difference between the old fashioned facial and using the full force of your body to drive a motionless players head into the ground

Brutus

Referee
Gould didn't even mention the forward pass in commentary. You can tell who bee sting head has his money on.

Perth Red

Post Whore
TBf he did, but said it didn't matter lol. "Leaving aside" were his words I believe to describe a great try. No Gus it wasn't a great try, it was sht referees!

DURRRHURRR

Juniors
Exactly what I thought. If Wharea-Hargreaves was making a tackle and did that, he's be off. No doubt about it, contact with the elbow/forearm to the head would be a send off and probably 3-4 weeks, even if accidental. I think at least even a "report" and penalty, even if its just a square up for the Knights losing Buderus for the night, seems a little unfair they have not only to lose a player, but also spend an interchange subbing him off when the bloke got taken out by a bloody elbow!

I thought it was a penalty at least, he led with the elbow and got buderus who was coming in at an awkward angle. Penalty for accidental contact with the head.

Also last week Jordan McLean got his skull broken as a result of a shoulder charge, yeah it was the head that done the damage but it was still a result of an illegal play, as I recall the shoulder charge rule was brought into question after Pritchard knocked out Simmons last year, in this case it was also the head not the shoulder doing the damage.

Sometimes I wonder if the video ref can hear the channel9 commentary, how many times they screamed 'its a head clash' as last weeks one went under review and how they were at pains to point out tonites incident was buderus fault

gronkathon

First Grade
Bottom line is that the fact Suntan Superman Hayne is considered the best NRL reff by his peers shows exactly how terrible the standards have dropped.

It is all about Kevin and he will get involved to prove it

aqua_duck

Coach
Bottom line is that the fact Suntan Superman Hayne is considered the best NRL reff by his peers shows exactly how terrible the standards have dropped.

It is all about Kevin and he will get involved to prove it

Hayne is a wannabe Bill Harrigan

TheDalek079

Bench
Sounds like you've had even more beer than me Dalek lol

geez you are intellectually challenged.

1) You don't make contact with the kicker's legs. Even accidental contact is bad
2) Pushing down with two hands on an opponent's head when they're lying on the ground is also a penalty.

If it was JWH being penalised for these offences you wouldn't have complained. Enjoy your no NRL team in Perth day!

Card Shark

Immortal
Both incidents were penalties but Smith on report is a joke.

Question must be asked though, why did he do that? Can't blame the refs for his act if stupidity,

Bandwagon

Staff member
But on a lighter note, "Jared, Jared,................................................................you play the ball" cracked me up.

Latest posts