What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi NRL

perverse

Referee
i still would have thought giving free advertising to the NRL on ch9 would - at the end of the day, be promoting 3 weekly prime television shows on their network - which they gain ad revenue from. promoting the NRL would be more positive than negative revenue wise, even if they were giving the ads for free... no different in effect to promoting CSI: Miami or Backyard Blitz.. or whatever crap is on free to air television these days.

it's poor form from ch9 not promoting the hell out of the NRL right now.. for their own business if nothing else. it's also poor form from the NRL for not sticking a boot up someones arse to get the advertising out there.

just terrible.

Teh lack of promotion & marketing, at this time when other codes are pulling out all stops to take as much of the market, is so unbeleivable I just can't fathom it.

Its as though the NRL WANT themselves to lose ground - ie an inside job, ridiculous as it sounds. I've never seen a more inadequate marketing effort in my entire life (BTW I am in Sales & Marketing myself).

El Diablo

Post Whore
airpoe said:
In the contract signed between NRL & Ch9 was it all money or was part of it contra (free ads) as well?

If there was no or little contra, ch9 does not have to promote NRL, as it would cost them ad space & revenue! Will ch9 forgo money to promote NRL for the goodness of their heart?

did the producers of Justice pay 9 to promote their show during the cricket??

don't bother answering that

Tom Shines

First Grade
Why would they even bother promoting Justice when it lasted half a dozen episodes in the US, and got canned after like three here.

Lego_Man

First Grade
This runs a lot deeper than David Gallop. Sacking him will make no difference, he'll just be replaced with another stooge.

Lego_Man said:
This runs a lot deeper than David Gallop. Sacking him will make no difference, he'll just be replaced with another stooge.

Exactly..Gallop actually does a pretty good job in terms of day to day management.

its the conflict of interests in the media relationships that is tearing the code apart.

airpoe

Juniors
Coleman said:
Why would they even bother promoting Justice when it lasted half a dozen episodes in the US, and got canned after like three here.
ch9 are also promoting The Nine & Kidnapped which are also been axed, instead of nrl!

mark123

Juniors
Please settle down people...keep the venom, save it.

1. Look at whats been dished up in recent years for league, and its grown from year to year - record growth. Sponsors, etc, make more money from league each year, makes them happy.

They are only matching the effort they put in previously, and expect - once again - to have a growth in league again.

I think everyone knows when the NRL starts. Its no big deal.

Sidepoint...AFL ads have little effect on peoples minds anyway...it truly is the contra componant and getting rid of it, because its a shackle to the networks....

3. When the season starts, the specific advertising of games, etc, will be of more benifit than some NRL advertising...

4. I thought they werent doing the NRL ad campaign because its of small value....researh showed, as with AFL's....

badav

Bench
Moffo said:
So its 10 days to the start of the season and there has been no advertising

Can I confirm that you are f**king stupid? All i see on my screen (in Sydney) are AFL ads. Are you happy with that? Does that give you a boner?

Do you have no money? Here, have my $10, just stick a f**king advertisement on the TV

Morons

Moffo

You know when the seasons starting anyway so why cry about it.

magpie_man

Juniors
cumberlandsashes81 said:
Yes, hopefully through the nose. They're on almost every ad break - I've worn out my TV remote batteries changing the channel to avoid them...

When I first saw them I feared people would think them clever and funny - but they're played so frequently and Barry Hall is such a stupid neaderthal lump surely even Swans fans must want them to go away now. They are also unbelievably patronising to Sydneysiders (we don't understand the rules of an obscure regional sport? Shock horror!:crazy: ) I can't help but think they're actually having a negative effect on AFL support in Sydney - and surely people are wondering "who the f**k is Barry Hall? I want him out of my living room!"

As far as I'm concerned the AFL can keep wasting 10s of thousands of dollars running this truly awful campaign.
You shouldn't assume intelliegence, people are stupid.
why else would toda tonight/aca/daily telegraph be so popular. at the end of the day people want to be told how to think.
as for the humour side of it, well hasn't rove mcanus won the gold logie about 100 times? go figure.

Red'n'White

Juniors
We are all talking about the start of the season. Are we not!!!

I think the NRL lack of ad campaign is a winner. We are all eager waiting an the edge of our seats waiting waiting waiting for the comp to start. Waiting for the ads so we can have a pull and scream NRL YES YES YES! When the comp proper kicks off the ads will come at us thick and fast.

Even with all the AwFuL ads on television I couldn't tell you when it kicks off (or pats off or tips off or whatever its called). Who really cares? When the AFL ads come on its time for a cuppa or a piss. lol.

We don't need to be screaming at the administrators to waste money on ads, when its not needed.

WE ALL KNOW WHEN IT STARTS FELLAS! (9 days to go) and counting. WOO HOO!!!

brendothejet

First Grade
The game has been pretty strong under gallop. Fair play to him.

The problem is the game is half owned by a company that collectively owns 1/3 of every media company involved in the coverage our game.

There are vested interests left right and centre!

badav

Bench
Brycey said:
To promote to those that don't, dumbarse.

Dont you get tired of reading all the whinging rants on here. I would be very surprised if anyone from the NRL actually took this forum, and threads like this seriously.
''Ohh the NRL should do this. The NRL shouldnt do that. David gallop should do this. bla bla bla.''

The fact is %99.8 of people on this forum are all armchair critics who would run the NRL into the ground within 3 hours if they got the chance at it.

Tom Shines

First Grade
If I was being paid $100K a year plus, and had their resources, I'm sure I could do a better job.

[furrycat]

Coach
badav said:
Dont you get tired of reading all the whinging rants on here. I would be very surprised if anyone from the NRL actually took this forum, and threads like this seriously.
''Ohh the NRL should do this. The NRL shouldnt do that. David gallop should do this. bla bla bla.''

The fact is %99.8 of people on this forum are all armchair critics who would run the NRL into the ground within 3 hours if they got the chance at it.

Way to blow your cover, David.

Latest posts