What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Highlights-2021

soc123_au

Staff member
The tears from all and sundry over f**k all has been a highlight.

The outrage over Kikau singing "Glory Glory" in response to a Souths troll on his feed is funny. Where were these do gooders last year when Storm players were giving it to residents of Mt Druitt after their win. If you can't work out that one lacks class, and the other is amusing then you shouldn't be allowed online unsupervised.

Kilkenny

Coach
Well there’s no redemption per the May outburst other than a very significant and substantial donation to womens refuges and domestic violence causes as a start. Those players who liked his post should also be fined and the cash straight into similar causes.

Tyrone could be warned off the club and games etc for a year as a statement of intolerance for his disgraceful Instagram post.

Also a statement of remorse by all club officials for their failure to act and a promise to not to do so again. A bond of $100,000.00 to be deposited in an nrl trust account for three years.

The anticipated response to club disturbances shall not be longer than 24 hours from the time the event is brought to light publicly by any large media organisation.

A letter of apology and a 50% discount to sponsors over three years to make good the potential damage to their reputation by way of their association with the club during this unnecessary tumultuous period.

This is just the start.

I thought about taking away the gf win from the record books, but in all of the circumstances, I consider that a bridge too far.
Mate, I’m not sure quite why you feel the way you do around these issues.

Most if not all of our GF celebrations were just young guys enjoying the spoils of victory, Covid interrupted unfortunately so not able to share it at home with there real fan base.

A few alcohol related instagrams, tweets or whatever apparently not meeting acceptable modern standards, a damaged trophy to boot.

Im just not sure the actions are worthy of the angst.

Seriously, we won, our squad celebrated, enjoyed the moment even if over a couple of days.

Everything being said and written about is really just click bait before the hibernation period.

No one clicks on headlines unless there is a negative narrative, that’s just reality.

I was devastated when Penrith won the comp, though the disgraceful and inept post celebrations actually has me feeling a lot better, clearly, ability doesn’t buy you class…..Go the mighty panfers!!! 😬
They just have to stand up for themselves, the game and stop hiding.

Ive made suggestions to help them and they get ignored or laughed at.

Most if not all of our GF celebrations were just young guys enjoying the spoils of victory, Covid interrupted unfortunately so not able to share it at home with there real fan base.

A few alcohol related instagrams, tweets or whatever apparently not meeting acceptable modern standards, a damaged trophy to boot.

Seriously, we won, our squad celebrated, enjoyed the moment even if over a couple of days.

Everything being said and written about is really just click bait before the hibernation period.

No one clicks on headlines unless there is a negative narrative, that’s just reality.
I’m sure Mays victim didn’t like it.

She’s reportedly suffered psychological harm over it and she reached a settlement with him.

Then re opened these wounds and puts it back in the spotlight.

It was also condemned by ladies who league.

It was an own goal, using your current coach as a backdrop, a senior employee of yours and the club needs to stand up for her and other victims in a very big way.

It’s not doing anything.

That’s hiding away and being cowardly for mine.

Kilkenny

Coach
I’m sure Mays victim didn’t like it.

She’s reportedly suffered psychological harm over it and she reached a settlement with him.

Then re opened these wounds and puts it back in the spotlight.

It was also condemned by ladies who league.

It was an own goal and the club needs to stand up for her and other victims in a very big way.

That’s something they can do.
Tyrone May did the wrong thing, admitted his wrong doing and was punished by the criminal court.

The victim as she is entitled to do either was or still is pursuing a damages claim in the civil courts.

Im not sure what else needs to be said.

How many times can you punish an individual for a wrong doing.

Tyrone was responsible for taking the videos, the person who distributed them on a more wider scale remains unpunished. Hopefully that persons identity becomes publicly known, doesn’t absolve Tyrone May in any shape or form, but it wasn’t CHN and there are many out there who know who it was. I so hope in time his identity is revealed. Leave it that.

Last edited:

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Tyrone May did the wrong thing, admitted his wrong doing and was punished by the criminal court.

The victim as she is entitled to do either was or still is pursuing a damages claim in the civil courts.

Tyrone was responsible for taking the videos, the person who distributed them on a more wider scale remains unpunished. Hopefully that persons identity becomes publicly known, doesn’t absolve Tyrone May in any shape or form, but it wasn’t CHN and there are many out there who know who it was. I so hope in time his identity is revealed. Leave it that.

Brilliantly said: Some folks like the one you qouted have turned themselves into vigilantees lite pole at the ready, attempting to incite things into a raging mob.

Kilkenny

Coach
Brilliantly said: Some folks like the one you qouted have turned themselves into vigilantees lite pole at the ready, attempting to incite things into a raging mob.
He was punished, being punished again thru the civil courts I can only but imagine what it has cost him financially in terms of legal fees, fines, potential civil litigation it is unimaginable really and some still want to punish him further.

Im not defending him, he did the wrong thing, but at the same time what he did is happening even day, every night in every bedroom across this country. The fact is video taping ones exploits in the bedroom or elsewhere is now common place, just the world we live in. I guess in most instances both partners, or in some instances more than two, are willing participants hence no issue. Its all rather naive to put out the theory these situations are somehow rare occurrences. They just become headlines when they become public, in 99% of such situations they remain private and never known to the public.

No Killer, he chose to re-open the wounds with his Instagram comment with a picture of him and Ivan outside of the court where he pleaded guilty to sex offences.

No one else did it, May did it. He brought the whole thing back into the spotlight and his statement was very selfish and defiant. He did it I suppose because he felt it would make him happy. Sort of strange vengeance and retribution issue.

He re-visited his crime publicaly and made people feel bad.

What I and many other people expected was that the club would be much more outspoken and angered about this self vindication and self praise.

But it hasn’t. In fact one of the senior club officials berated that journalist for asking him about it.

And if the club can’t control May, it can control its own affairs and join a lot of you here in condemning and distancing itself from the use of its employee to help justify a self serving statement from a person who has committed a senseless, disgusting and vile act of violence against a young women.

And the fact that it doesn’t speak as loudly as it should betrays all women and us men who support them.

I think this is the most important of the infractions and problems the club has at the moment and paints the club, game and all of us in a bad light.

If the club refuses to act, it simply wears the bad humour and criticism at the missed opportunity. It’s getting a very bad name at the moment and it’s sitting back chugging schooners doing nothing about it. When it does wake up, people’s impressions will be cemented in and the opportunity to repair its name lost.

People may now have the impression Nate is a co-vid breach facilitator. Bad look for a public figure and needs to be sorted ASAP as a lot of people hate this sort of stuff.

That is my honest opinion.

Last edited:

The Predictor

Juniors

That is a disgraceful analogy you have come too, can’t believe how you trivialised their actions, wow!!!

The Predictor

Juniors

Punished? the piece of shit still has a grand final ring…what the f**k is wrong with you????

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Kilkenny I think your comments recently regarding the grandfinal have been balanced, sat well with me.

Is someone (because of wrong doing) whether it be assault, robbery and yep even what May did doomed to a lifetime of bile and twisted hate. After serving what the courts and law of the land deemed appropriate.

In my mind this bile and hate is nothing more than social media vigilantees at work.

Last edited:

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I was devastated when Penrith won the comp, though the disgraceful and inept post celebrations actually has me feeling a lot better, clearly, ability doesn’t buy you class…..Go the mighty panfers!!! 😬

Enjoy being devestated then mate,

I hope you continue to send Christmas cards to one J Hayne....Perhaps your best player since the mid 1980's. Who now sits in a correctional facility. With all it's 'added' extras.

The Predictor

Juniors
Enjoy being devestated then mate,

I hope you continue to send Christmas cards to one J Hayne....Perhaps your best player since the mid 1980's. Who now sits in a correctional facility. With all it's 'added' extras.
That’s where he belongs, and certainly wouldn’t be sending the prick any xmas cards, I wouldn’t be too judgmental whilst you have that grub TM on your books.

That is a disgraceful analogy you have come too, can’t believe how you trivialised their actions, wow!!!
Yeah I could unpack Killers missive, but he gets a leave pass because he’s popular on wt forum.

Otherwise I think the call for “hands over the eyes, ignore” carry-on is ironic because it pretty much reflects the Panthers stance on the current matters undermining their club.

They are seemingly oblivious to heavyweights of the sporting media coming in and raising public awareness of the less than satisfactory performance of the club and certain players.

Today we hear the NRL integrity unit has finally been called in to investigate some aspects of this post grand final crisis unfolding.

May and Cleary being interviewed according to the media an hour ago. Better late than never.

In theory brotherlies (mates) putting an entire state at risk of the virus that has killed almost 5 million people worldwide -or almost the entire population of Queensland.

I mean there’s still hundreds of people contracting the virus in NSW, Western Sydney is a danger zone. These punks are chumming it up with players maybe in a potential super spreader event.

The disrespect for other people, their kids and families is above and beyond.

And the heirachy at Penrith have a hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil approach.

Its a complete abrogation of responsibility and leadership.

Last edited:

Black Diamond

Juniors
Parramatta wins the "ability doesn't buy you class" stakes hands down by hosting scumbag Hayne for all those years.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Parramatta wins the "ability doesn't buy you class" stakes hands down by hosting scumbag Hayne for all those years.

What I'm find delicious are the tears flowing from certian 'guest' posters in our sub forum who tend be like the un-welcome 'freeloaders' who invite themselves to an event.
Eat all your feed, drink your grog, trash the place generally and don't realise that it's actually NOT their home.

The ignore button for me, is a great friend. I've no idea about what they're on about.

I'm about to call for the 'pest controllers' and fumigation experts.

Getting back to the topic at hand.

My highlights have been as follows.

Watching the team grow in confidence this year. Having swagger and personality to 'own' their style of playing.

Winning origin with 6 players from our team in it.

Being able to play regardless of injury or suspension. The're ability to play tough against the best teams in the comp and walk away with the Provan / Summons trophy.

Some time back I found this gem Enjoy: