What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hilder gone

RgSharks

Juniors
blacktip-reefy said:
Well tell him to get his manager to call carty.
They have 3-4 spots left to fill & whilst not directly looking for ay particular player, they are looking for utilities with a broad skill base who can play many positions. They're preference is however for outside back utility.
But his ability to snap off 50 metres from dummy half kicks or 40/20's could be a big selling point.
I think they are also keeping an eye on another current player of ours for that role.

They are talking to a couple of clubs, but he prefers to stay. I talked to him recently about the matter, I won't go into details, but there is a big chance he won't be here next year. He can't really afford to take a pay cut with a baby in the scenes now and a wedding next year.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Im good friends with David Gallop, Phil Gould, james packer & rupert Murdoch.
They are on more than 60k.

How the f*ck would you know what the truth is here DS you f*cken idiot.

blacktip-reefy said:

:^o

RgSharks

Juniors
blacktip-reefy said:

That was a bit harsh.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
not aimed at you RQ, you could well be mates with Hilly.

But the bigot is keen to jump on anythings band wagon if it means having a crack at the people on here smarter than him.
That means everyone.

The Popper

Bench
A number of players have not been given a fair go this year. Hilder is one of them. If rumours are true that Mapp is on 220K and Hilder 60k then it's a bloody insult to Hilder (albeit Mapp should be on a fraction of that IMO).

Macca

Coach
blacktip-reefy said:
Yep, like I did peach.
Only you could construe it that way.

How else would it be construed?

You just told his mate to get his manager to call the Titans. That'd be advice that would suggest you want Hilder to leave the club.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Easy Dumbo.
I want Hilder to stay at the club. But if he is being told to take a paycut & keep playing this 12 minute crap role for Raper where he gets punted back to PL every second week, then I would prefer to see him do well somewhere else.
He has too much talent to waste with Raper on a pay cut.
I actually touted him as the future sharks captain and classify him as a Pierce clone.

pogo

Juniors
do the titans need a sideways / semi circle running , non tackling , dead grubber kicking, brain exploding five eighth??

one that would appreciate a warmer climate?

fizman

Bench
I would be genuinely sad to see Matt Hilder leave. I mentioned in another thread about where are the players who WANT to wear the black white and blue. Well hear is one of them.

Matt Hilder has chopped and changed positions so many times, I am not sure what his best position is now?? I also agree with the comment about bulking up has taken away from his game.

Looking ahead what about Hilder at 6 and Kearney at 7.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
pogo said:
do the titans need a sideways
marshall, cronk, thurston, smith, smith, campbell, orford, bowen, Lockyer et al

pogo said:
/ semi circle running marshall, cronk, thurston, smith, smith, campbell, orford, bowen, Lockyer et al

pogo said:
, non tackling ,
What are the last 2 wseeks tackle counts again, for stupid here?

pogo said:
dead grubber kicking,
How many this year have gone dead? How many Kimmorleys?
pogo said:
brain exploding five eighth??
according to Mr skyhooks here.

Leave it it alone you fool . This is footy talk forum & you are way, way out of your depth. Go back to Aussie rules & trinkets.

Macca

Coach
blacktip-reefy said:
Easy Dumbo.

Childish.

blacktip-reefy said:
I want Hilder to stay at the club.

That's all you needed to say then.

blacktip-reefy said:
But if he is being told to take a paycut & keep playing this 12 minute crap role for Raper where he gets punted back to PL every second week, then I would prefer to see him do well somewhere else.
He has too much talent to waste with Raper on a pay cut.
I actually touted him as the future sharks captain and classify him as a Pierce clone.

Now that I agree with. Pretty easy when you simply explain your reasoning.

pogo

Juniors
hahahaaaa

compare marshall , lockyer etc with dykes :)crazy:) ........lmao

trinkets .........what trinkets would they be backflip?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Firstly I didnt compare anybody with anything other than a skill.
You lmbast Dykes for using a skill that everybody in the modern game uses except for the ones that are playing poorly.
Even Johns & Buderus run sideways & create holes.
you make it sound like Dykes does it evey play. he doesn't.
Your 6000 posts on here over 6 months also proves another thing about the forum.
There is no sheep mentality when somebody is clearly wrong.
Nobody agrees wtih you on this planet about Dykes use of skills & stats prove there are players making worse mistakes than him that you leave alone.
so again, it comes back to a personal gripe, doesnt it.
What did one of their family members do a business deal & side step you?
perhaps a large order of trinkets through a nother supplier?
Perhaps a land pruchase where they ran semi circles around you & chose somebody smarter to complete the deal?
Or do you deal in the share market? Investment advisor?
There is something there isn't there.

Inferno

Coach
Definately is worth more than that and I'd pick him in my run on side every week as well. Its been a while since we have had a decent ball playing lock. Last was Nick Graham wasn't it?

I wouldn't begrudge him leaving after such a crappy offer (if it is only 60K) and at least if he went to the Titans I'd get to see him play more often than currently.

He is one of the few players we currently have who has come through the system and genuinely wants to stay at the sharks. Probably a lot more than you can say for a lot of out current mob of imposters.

Get in his ear RG and try and convince him to stay.

RG I posted details from a bloke who is mates with Hilder and generally reliable on Sharks issues, but if you have different information, please post it and source it.

Otherwise I'm inclined to believe the 120K/60K split.

Not surprising to see DS snipe from the sidelines about what is right or wrong, when he is widely known to have no inside knowledge, nor any general knowledge on the situation down at the Sharks.

cheese

Bench
I feel sorry for the bloke. With his limited game time, few clubs will know of his worth. He probably wont get the bites he deserves.

sharky1973

Juniors
Inferno said:
Definately is worth more than that and I'd pick him in my run on side every week as well. Its been a while since we have had a decent ball playing lock. Last was Nick Graham wasn't it?

Nick Graham a ball playing lock????? Wouldn't you have to pass the ball to be considered a ball player?