What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hilder gone

squiddy

Juniors
I know Matty well from his junior days , i won't talk about salary but just lets say he's mighty pissed off

The Popper

Bench
parra pete said:
Matt Hilder, he take me money and Venezuela run ....Harry Belafonte. :lol:
:lol: Are you the same Parra Pete that used to write to the 50/50 column 40-50 years ago? Songs from the same era.

Seems to be typical of our club. 'Oh he'll stay for less cause he's a local boy.' Wake up management.

Here's something I like to tsee given a go. Trim him back to his old weight. Move him into 5/8th with Kearney at 1/2 and Dykes to hooker rotation.

But first and foremost we have to offload get rid of Roper.

The Popper

Bench
Perhaps the only juniors who are treated fairly these days are the ones who went to the right school or played for the right JL club? :shock: It's happened before and can happen again. :BDH:

PJ

First Grade
Popper that implies it stopped happening at some stage.

When was that?

parra pete

Referee
The Popper said:
:lol: Are you the same Parra Pete that used to write to the 50/50 column 40-50 years ago? Songs from the same era.

That's me...sh*t you've got a good memory.
I started in 1961..is that really 45 years ago? Seems like yesterday

imasharkie

Coach
RgSharks said:
I'm close friends with him.

Ahhh so the truth comes out now. I must have been pretty close when I said you were either brother or brother in law to Waltzing and what about Jo Ryan is she your sister or sister in law.

Any wonder you pair jump down my throat every time I post what I think of a certain player.

I reckon if people deride someone on here because they are related to a certain player that person should own up instead of pretending to be imputing information that they beleive when really it's because of freindship they have with a player.

Family and friends should not post on a forum as they are biased opinions and are not in the spirit of being part of a forum.

I'm afraid anything positive you post on Matt Hilder regarding his form will not be taken seriously by me Rg.

Still won't stop me posting what I think Rg.

BTW I beleive he should be starting hooker and when Kingston comes on from the bench Matty should move to lock. But thats my opinion and I'm not biased unless you think that just because my son's name is Matty I post biased reports on players who have the same name.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
So Millers is Kimmorley's Dad?

For those who talk Matt, what position does he think he should play?

Since 73

First Grade
Every coach has their favourites and Roper has Scott and BK.
He doesn't like Hilder and doesn't class him as a first grader, so he is going to pay him accordingly to his opinion.

Basically it looks like an offer that is pushing the guy out.
Roper knows he won't stay for that.
London calling.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
But Hilder is not a "real" junior. He's a Cron-Car boy. I'm sure if he was from the other side of the tracks, like up towards De LA way he'd be looked after better.

The obvious question is not being asked.

Where the fugg is all the money

Who have we signed? Thommo 300k. Would any of the others have signed for more than $120k (Hannay)? We know Stapo is getting 100k. Greenfield? Who else. There have been some upgrades of course.

Outgoing Vags 300?+k, Bails at least 200k, Hildz at least $150k, Dykes ?250k, Mapp ?220k, Stosic ?80k. Who else.

Seems to me the outgoing is not matching the incoming.

Since 73

First Grade
Frenzy.

But Hilder is not a "real" junior. He's a Cron-Car boy. I'm sure if he was from the other side of the tracks, like up towards De LA way he'd be looked after better.

The obvious question is not being asked.

Where the fugg is all the money

Who have we signed? Thommo 300k. Would any of the others have signed for more than $120k (Hannay)? We know Stapo is getting 100k. Greenfield? Who else. There have been some upgrades of course.

Outgoing Vags 300?+k, Bails at least 200k, Hildz at least $150k, Dykes ?250k, Mapp ?220k, Stosic ?80k. Who else.

Seems to me the outgoing is not matching the incoming.

Clydesdales aren't cheap.

Plus, Roper has been buying a hat.(see other thread)

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Since 73 said:
Clydesdales aren't cheap.

Plus, Roper has been buying a hat.(see other thread)

Gee and here's me thinking we are paying too much for high priced has beens.

Hope he gets a nice hat. With a guillotine built in.

White Poiner

Coach
Dumas to return.. start the revolution all over again!

Hilder should be kept, he is really on young.. quality kicker, tackler, runner of the ball.. No real weaknesses.

Should be a key player in out line up tbh.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
It's obviously a personality clash between he and Raper.

Hilds has one. Raper is jealous.

:)

Bundy

Juniors
imasharkie said:
Family and friends should not post on a forum as they are biased opinions and are not in the spirit of being part of a forum.

Not always the case Ima. I've known Hilder since I was about 14 and he 11 or 12 or something like that. We used to spend most of our school days at a mutual friends house. Infact, he and his mates all the same age used to drag us (me and my mates) out for a bit of park footy. While they were all younger and obviously quite smaller than us they always wanted play against us. Hilder was the only one on the younguns team that would be scream "RUN AT ME, RUN AT ME" and ofcourse being much bigger and tougher we did. He never stopped getting up for more though.
Since then he and I have had a bit of a run in and most certainly are not friends friends, however that has not stopped me posting an honest opinion about him or his ability.
I think he has a tendancy to be a bit lazy on the field and has definately lost some game with bulking up but he is still a quality player with a solid kicking game from dummy half. He is one that should be retained IMO.