What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hilder gone

The Nulla

Juniors
Not to mention the heart Graham had for the club. Theres less then a handful of players in our side today that have that same passion... I would argue Hilder could be one, which adds to the dissapointment and anger of how he is being treated

Inferno said:
Definately is worth more than that and I'd pick him in my run on side every week as well. Its been a while since we have had a decent ball playing lock. Last was Nick Graham wasn't it?

I wouldn't begrudge him leaving after such a crappy offer (if it is only 60K) and at least if he went to the Titans I'd get to see him play more often than currently.

He is one of the few players we currently have who has come through the system and genuinely wants to stay at the sharks. Probably a lot more than you can say for a lot of out current mob of imposters.

Get in his ear RG and try and convince him to stay.

Nick Graham was ok.
But most of the time threw a dummy on the short side more often than not.

Another Gavin Miller is what we need.

King of the Hill said:
RG I posted details from a bloke who is mates with Hilder and generally reliable on Sharks issues, but if you have different information, please post it and source it.

Otherwise I'm inclined to believe the 120K/60K split.

Not surprising to see DS snipe from the sidelines about what is right or wrong, when he is widely known to have no inside knowledge, nor any general knowledge on the situation down at the Sharks.

You got caught out that's your problem.
You wanted to sensationalise the situation you white anter!!

Don't give me this inside information bullsh!t you and BTR dish up.
It's all in your imagination!!

An example of BTR's inside knowledge; Adam McDougall coming to the Sharks, Vagana,Scott and Covell going to the Titans & Peachey going to the Broncos!!

FMD you are both full of it!!!

OmniShark

Juniors
Agree Hilder's best position is lock.

But if there's no place in the starting backrow, he is still great value off the bench. Would like to see him get more chances to use his ball playing skills though, far better suited to that than dummy half (not quite zippy enough for DH work these days).

Also agree that his treatment has been shabby, both selection wise & offer wise. Renew his contract at 120k & he will flourish under Lam.

RgSharks

Juniors
King of the Hill said:
RG I posted details from a bloke who is mates with Hilder and generally reliable on Sharks issues, but if you have different information, please post it and source it.

Otherwise I'm inclined to believe the 120K/60K split.

Not surprising to see DS snipe from the sidelines about what is right or wrong, when he is widely known to have no inside knowledge, nor any general knowledge on the situation down at the Sharks.

Well it's not my place to give you exact details as i'm sure he wouldn't like me posting his salary on a public forum. He's on more than that at the moment and that's all i'll say. You can believe what you like.

I have been in his ear since all this emerged a couple of months ago. I have been telling him to stay and he wants to stay. But he won't take such a drastic pay-cut.

Bundy

Juniors
Nick Graham... One of the most under-rated players to don the BW&B IMO. Was a solid, consistent player with few errors and passion and pride for the Sharks too. A good comparison between him and Waltzing.

doggone

Juniors
Best option for his career is to move on. You could make up a great team of ex sharkey players. Just look at Matt King wasn't good enough for cronulla. Peachey is doing well at Souths & Nathan Merritt say no more.

carcharias

Immortal
doggone said:
Best option for his career is to move on. You could make up a great team of ex sharkey players. Just look at Matt King wasn't good enough for cronulla. Peachey is doing well at Souths & Nathan Merritt say no more.
yep thanks scoop.

bluespots

Juniors
Awww, Rg, make him stay!!!!
he might not be a game breaker but he is a solid player with loads of passion for the club. give me a team of matty hilders over a team of superstars who couldnt care less about the club anyday.
now dont get me wrong i love this club but sometimes i deadset wonder what drugs they are on. if those figures are right your telling me that they think that Mapp, DARREN MAP is 3-4 times the player hilder is?? WHAT?? by offering him that sort of money they are basically telling him that he is not wanted anymore.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
What did we pay for Mapp again?

Increased salary cap and all can offer is shyte.

Fair Dinkum

PJ

First Grade
I can remember a certain politician sitting down at the Taren Point bowling club and telling us all how important it is to look after the local juniors, and they should be given preference.

Yet here we have a guy who can play, and play a number of positions, who has done everything the club has asked such as bulk up so he fits in their plans, who would love to stay and loves playing for the club, being treated like a piece of poo whilst niff nuffs who are leaving like Scott continue to get gifted games that they haven't earnt.

Another example of Pierce Inc saying what they think people want to hear and behaving completely differently.

PHaTMaN

Juniors
Our club never seems to offer any money to players that want to stay. It often seems another club has to make an offer before we care about retaining a player.

We should be trying to keep the Matt Hilder’s, the ones who are loyal to the sharks, the ones with a bit of pride and passion for the Black White and Blue.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Dragon Slayer said:
You got caught out that's your problem.
You wanted to sensationalise the situation you white anter!!
How did he get caught out? By being wrong by 10k?

Dragon Slayer said:
Don't give me this inside information bullsh!t you and BTR dish up.
It's all in your imagination!!
No, your avatar is in your imagination. SS plays with real women on real nights out. & I know how many people he knows with links to the Sharks.

Dragon Slayer said:
An example of BTR's inside knowledge; Adam McDougall coming to the Sharks, Vagana,Scott and Covell going to the Titans & Peachey going to the Broncos!!
Dont drag him into my posts. I posted the Mcdougal for a reason, that I dont have to explain to you.
The others were all sounded out by the Titans & the Broncs. I bet the broncs had have paid the money for peach now hey? Finals insurance fund with hodgo, Hunt, Seymour, tate, Tupou all carrying injuries.
In your little racial hatred reality, you think that players are only sounded out by one club & thats who gets them.
you know less than f*cking nothing.

Dragon Slayer said:
FMD you are both full of it!!!

No, you think I am, & he is by association.

heres a tip, try contributing somethign worthwhile to the forum in the way of information . Not opinion, becaue you are a proven idiot.
do something useful for the forum & post some info on here that we dont know about.
& Im not talking about the next Klan meeting time & place either.

PJ

First Grade
Saying things like that and treating a loyal clubman completely the other way doesn't endear him to me, no.

And the recruitment and retention has been very poor this year imo, but I think the coach can take part of the blame for this.

To say he has run his course is probably not correct, as he will have the job for as long as Snr is there, but I am not overly impressed at this stage. And I really wasn't impressed with the way the appointment was handled and was a bit offended by the comments made by Snr after the appoinment as I thought they were an insult to the intelligence of Sharks fans (though he was probably aiming at the likes of DS). I would have loved to have had the best person possible in this important position, and whilst G Pierce may be that person we will never know.