What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindmarsh insists Eels' season isn't lost

Stagger eel

Staff member
That is all well and good...... but it is the same thing we have heard for the past few seasons. If they know what the problems are and that they are capable of putting points on the board then do it rather than tell us about it.

well it's quite simple, just ignore it..

the clubs media department are only trying to do their job and I don't think it's ever easy to put a positive spin on anything when we're going this badly but they do owe it to fans, sponsors and members to tell them all that they're still care and their putting in each week.

eel4life

Juniors
If only the rest of the team had his ticker ...

c'mon lads tuck the ball under your arms and run it hard and run it all day long ...

looks like the knights by plenty ... but funnier things have happened .

The Colonel

Immortal

the clubs media department are only trying to do their job and I don't think it's ever easy to put a positive spin on anything when we're going this badly but they do owe it to fans, sponsors and members to tell them all that they're still care and their putting in each week.

They do also owe us some performances on the field that show the same thing. Probably be worth a bit more.....

Stagger eel

Staff member
They do also owe us some performances on the field that show the same thing. Probably be worth a bit more.....

well the facts remain we don't have the personel and talent to perform miracles, this was a car crash waiting to happen 6 months ahead and it won't be fixed until 2011.

in the meantime they just need keep the club running on and off the field as efficiently as they possibly can, if you want to keep telling the world that we're in a world of sh*t than we can forget about trying to compete with other clubs for corporate dollers and membership (now that we actiually have a board that gives a toss about membership)

Avenger

Immortal
There is a similar story in todays RLW, page 10 titled Dumbstruck with an appropriate photograph of Nathan Cayless.

Avenger

Immortal
When seasoned first graders perform like busted arses I have a problem. That is why players from the lower grades should be tried and tested. I can at least stomach a rookie making an odd mistake not some overpriced pussycat that should be playing park football.

The Colonel

Immortal
well the facts remain we don't have the personel and talent to perform miracles, this was a car crash waiting to happen 6 months ahead and it won't be fixed until 2011.

in the meantime they just need keep the club running on and off the field as efficiently as they possibly can, if you want to keep telling the world that we're in a world of sh*t than we can forget about trying to compete with other clubs for corporate dollers and membership (now that we actiually have a board that gives a toss about membership)

Big difference between miracles and effort..... and I'm not asking for the first one.

HevyDevy

Coach

What's the media department got to do with it?

The Colonel

Immortal
Too right I will..... they can paint all the pretty pictures and talk all they want but at the end of the game if the effort isn't there they might as well use it to wipe their arse....

The effort was there against Souths for the whole game. Certainly wasn't against the Sharks.

Avenger

Immortal
Too right I will..... they can paint all the pretty pictures and talk all they want but at the end of the game if the effort isn't there they might as well use it to wipe their arse....

The effort was there against Souths for the whole game. Certainly wasn't against the Sharks.

It is because we are one of the most mentally piss weak clubs in the comp. It's a known fact. Just ask some opposing coaches. :x

Stagger eel

Staff member
Big difference between miracles and effort..... and I'm not asking for the first one.

lol..we don't have the players to compete with other clubs on the field atm, that in itself affects the way players perform, I've been saying since November that not only will we not make the 8 but we'll be competing for the spoon but apparently i was just my pesimistic self :lol:

the sort of hype that surrounded Andersons appointed made me physically ill, not because I thought it was a bad appointment, on the contrary, I was just astounded that there were people here that believe that a change of coach would autimatically fix the problem with the same personel.

Fee

Juniors
If someone didnt come out with interviews with our players, other people would be complaining that nobody is telling us whats happening. Anderson is not a god, cant turn them around in half a season. I am just as frustrated as most Eels fans , but I am not giving up, just supporting them as I always do ( a little cranky at times at the effort at some games but I am only human, and a tortured Eels fan).:crazy::lol:

The Colonel

Immortal
lol..we don't have the players to compete with other clubs on the field atm, that in itself affects the way players perform, I've been saying since November that not only will we not make the 8 but we'll be competing for the spoon but apparently i was just my pesimistic self :lol:

the sort of hype that surrounded Andersons appointed made me physically ill, not because I thought it was a bad appointment, on the contrary, I was just astounded that there were people here that believe that a change of coach would autimatically fix the problem with the same personel.

If you will remember I think I have continually agreed with you at every point in that regard. The current roster particularly without the likes of Mateo, Hayne, Inu and Keating is ordinary outside of a few players who are making the effort.

The thing I will disagree with though is not making use of the Wenty system and pulling up some players who may even have more of a dig than the current lot are doing or making some changes instead of rewarding the same blokes each and every week. It may be a salary cap issue but some of the players that aren't being used are apparently part of the top 25.

It only takes a few players willing to have a dig to change the fortunes around and it could wake up some of these other blokes as well.

Suitman

Post Whore

I was one of those that made you physically ill.
Did I expect miracles? No.
Did I think we'd perform better than what we have? Hell yeh!!!
I don't care what you say, we have a rather talented squad. Unfortunately, soooo many of them are underperforming, it ain't funny.
It just rubs it in when I watch a team of no names like the Raiders on Monday night put in 100% for 100% of the game.
There is a culture in our club that we need to be rid of. Unfortunately, our captain just fosters that culture.

Suity

forward pass

Coach
I dunno guys, I am just getting the vague impression that Colonel isn't real happy with the joint at the moment. Anyone else getting that??:lol:

SDM

First Grade
I was one of those that made you physically ill.
Did I expect miracles? No.
Did I think we'd perform better than what we have? Hell yeh!!!
I don't care what you say, we have a rather talented squad. Unfortunately, soooo many of them are underperforming, it ain't funny.
It just rubs it in when I watch a team of no names like the Raiders on Monday night put in 100% for 100% of the game.
There is a culture in our club that we need to be rid of. Unfortunately, our captain just fosters that culture.

Suity

I was one too, I stuck solid till half time against the Roosters, then I went to the bar, got 4 beers and started consoling myself.

thedux

Juniors

Couldn't agree more!! To say we don't have the personel is simply deflecting from the real problem...there's no pride in the jersey anymore. Teams like Cronulla, Canberra, Penrith, Wests and even Newcastle have lesser-known players on their rosters but have been showing more fight in their performances over the last month.
We have one of the most passionate supporter bases of any sport in this country and yes we expect a lot from our team. But I make no apologies for that, especially when I see some of these guys going through the motions and unwilling to give the kind of effort that would justify their paycheck!!
Talent isn't the issue, substance is...