What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindy and Burts last game.

Gronk

Staff member
I only bought tickets so I could see the Police game.
I'll be leaving after that.

Suity

MEDIA ADVISORY Brett Kenny and Ray Price to join NSW Police in charity game - ANZ Stadium

Sunday, 02 September 2012 04:27:28 AM

Brett Kenny and Ray Price to join NSW Police in charity game ? ANZ Stadium

Issued at 5.00am, Sunday 2 September 2012

Parramatta Eels legends, Brett Kenny and Ray Price, will join Assistant Commissioners Alan Clarke and Jeff Loy, and other serving NSW Police officers, in a charity rugby league game at ANZ Stadium this afternoon (Sunday 2 September 2012).

Each year, the Sydney Blues, made up of serving NSW Police officers and friends, play a friendly over 35s match to raise money for Police Legacy.

This year ? the 150th Anniversary year of the NSW Police Force ? the game will take place at ANZ Stadium and will be played at 3.15pm, before the Toyota Cup and NRL games between Parramatta and St George Illawarra.

Brett Kenny and Ray Price will take the field, as will Assistant Commissioner Alan Clarke (Commander of the Major Events and Incidents Group) and Assistant Commissioner Jeff Loy (Commander of the Forensic Services Group).

NSW Police will also deliver the main game jerseys for retiring Parramatta players, Nathan Hindmarsh and Luke Burt, via a Polair helicopter, which will arrive at ANZ Stadium shortly after 6pm.

Since 1 March 2012, when the NSW Police Force 150th Anniversary was officially launched with a Sea of Blue march through the streets of Sydney, the Force has been celebrating the major milestone.

Celebrations will continue until National Police Remembrance Day on 29 September 2012, when police officers will recognise and remember their colleagues who lost their lives in the line of duty.

When? 3.15pm, Sunday 2 September 2012

Where? ANZ Stadium, Homebush

Media interviews with Assistant Commissioner Alan Clarke can be arranged by calling the Police Media Unit on 8263 6100
http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/news/l...nb3YuYXUlMkZtZWRpYSUyRjI1MzE0Lmh0bWwmYWxsPTE=

The Colonel

Immortal
First fuel stop is where?.......Tamworth? Murriundi? Maybe that Scone place with jam and tea and Scones?

Suity

PS. Beer me Colonel.

Scone was yesterday. Musswellbrook or further if I don't fill up Friday.

As for beer, most definitely.

Tony Bongo

Bench
Meanwhile, the Eels wish to advise all Eels Members and supporters who normally sit in the SWARM bay of Parramatta Stadium, that their tickets may be used to enter the northern General Admission section of ANZ Stadium where the SWARM bay will be located on Sunday evening

http://www.parraeels.com.au/news-display/Early-fun-for-ANZ-crowd/63 033

What a great day for footy. I can't wait! I hope they keep the fireworks away from our 350m2 of banners.

;-)

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
1323148192-dogandgun.jpeg

oldmancraigy

Coach
Over 45 000 eh? Who would have ever thought?

Suity

So 26000 more people than it would have been?

Imagine if they'd scheduled it at ANZ in the first place, could've had another 5k - wouldn't have had people who missed out early and booked other things instead.

strider

Post Whore
wonder if they could of got more if they did it on sunday arvo - great weather might have got a few more

Rogue.9

Juniors
I got my email from the NRL last night about the ticketing changes. In summary for those not aware:
1) ST's get their normal Homebush HOME game seats;
2) Other tickets replaced by EzyTicket (email only delivery) from today;
3) Full refunds available for those that wish
4) Remainder of seats on sale from noon

Buses from Leagues Club and Baulko (Col Sutton Park).

Seating plan below.

SeatingPlan.jpg
Were the buses organized by the club or the NRL?

silverex

Bench
I was at the game last night and I just wanted to compliment the Eels club and all your supporters on a wonderful night. I'm not saying this because the Dragons won. For us it was good to win by more than 10 and finish above the Tigers but that was irrelevant in the whole scheme of things.

The farewell that was organised for Hindmarsh and Burt was great. And I thought that it was fantastic of your club to include Hornby and Young in the celebrations. After all, it was a Parra home game and you were saying 'good bye' to 2 of your legends. By including Young and Hornby made me feel welcomed into, what really should have been, your private celebrations. Thank you.

Also, thank you for moving the game to ANZ as that allowed us to go.

Sorry that you guys had to finish last. Hopefully next year will be better for both our teams.

strider

Post Whore
I was at the game last night and I just wanted to compliment the Eels club and all your supporters on a wonderful night. I'm not saying this because the Dragons won. For us it was good to win by more than 10 and finish above the Tigers but that was irrelevant in the whole scheme of things.

The farewell that was organised for Hindmarsh and Burt was great. And I thought that it was fantastic of your club to include Hornby and Young in the celebrations. After all, it was a Parra home game and you were saying 'good bye' to 2 of your legends. By including Young and Hornby made me feel welcomed into, what really should have been, your private celebrations. Thank you.

Also, thank you for moving the game to ANZ as that allowed us to go.

Sorry that you guys had to finish last. Hopefully next year will be better for both our teams.

:thumn

Gronk

Staff member
Nice post Silverex.

I am happy for Hindy & Luke that they got a good send off. I can't say that I enjoyed the event as much as I would have at Parra. The atmosphere was pretty standard for ANZ (close to none) and that would have been 20 times better at Parra.

Loved the penalty goal at the end.

Casey Maguire was quietly dropped off the "retired list" and listening to 2MMM on the way home they said that it was Casey's last game in the NRL. So he's back off to ESL is he ?

oldmancraigy

Coach
Nice post Silverex.

I am happy for Hindy & Luke that they got a good send off. I can't say that I enjoyed the event as much as I would have at Parra. The atmosphere was pretty standard for ANZ (close to none) and that would have been 20 times better at Parra.

Loved the penalty goal at the end.

Casey Maguire was quietly dropped off the "retired list" and listening to 2MMM on the way home they said that it was Casey's last game in the NRL. So he's back off to ESL is he ?

The atmosphere was as much a product of a woeful Eels performance as anything else. The first half was buzzing just a little bit at times.

I think when you have 40k+ in that thing the atmosphere is far from 'terrible'.

Agreed, it's better at Parra, it's a ground built for footy! But let's get another 10k seats in there so we can get the place REALLY pumping on occasion.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
how many goals was Hindy short of Luke's goal tally

Hindy made a nice late charge and has a 100% record

Tony Bongo

Bench

Suity

Yeah and only 3 buses doing round trips to take people back to the club.....who would have thought? Clearly someone didn't because the last 200 people didn't get back to the club until about 10.30pm or so. Too bad if any of them had kids that needed to go to school this morning. Moving the game last minute wasn't putting the fans first and neither was the lack of buses.

Last edited:

Rogue.9

Juniors
Yeah and only 3 buses doing round trips to take people back to the club.....who would have thought? Clearly someone didn't because the last 200 people didn't get back to the club until about 10.30pm or so. Too bad if any of them had kids that needed to go to school this morning. Moving the game last minute wasn't putting the fans first and neither was the lack of buses.
I gave up waiting sometime after 10:00pm and caught a taxi back to the club.